PDA

View Full Version : Fairchild

justasportsfan
12-04-2007, 11:31 AM
Yesterday against the PAts.

Willis 30-138 4.6 ypc.
receiving- 4-21

We all agreed that anyone we bring in to replace Willis would be an upgrade. What happened? Seems to me that Fairchild can't seem to bring out the best out of his players.

Trent will be better than he is if we had an OC that knows how to bring out the best from his players. the same can be said about Lynch and everyone in this O.

The last buffalo fan
12-04-2007, 12:04 PM
I was thinking the same yesterday. Dallas, Cincy and now Baltimore, gave the Pats a run for their money, and their O teams looked great against the Pats D, but all of them looked very average O against our D (and our D wasn't playing with the intensity they are playing now). We really need another O coach, REALLY. :ill:

madness
12-04-2007, 12:14 PM
Now we're blaming Fairchild for McGahee's off-season preparation? Wow, what a reach. His yards may have went up now that he actually learned a playbook this year but he's still worthless around the endzone and on 3rd and short.

OpIv37
12-04-2007, 12:18 PM
Now we're blaming Fairchild for McGahee's off-season preparation? Wow, what a reach. His yards may have went up now that he actually learned a playbook this year but he's still worthless around the endzone and on 3rd and short.

No- we're blaming Fairchild for not being able to move the ball against the Pats while teams like Baltimore- who's offense is comparable to ours in terms of ineptitude- were able to move the ball. Other teams figured it out whereas Fairchild couldn't.

madness
12-04-2007, 12:24 PM
No- we're blaming Fairchild for not being able to move the ball against the Pats while teams like Baltimore- who's offense is comparable to ours in terms of ineptitude- were able to move the ball. Other teams figured it out whereas Fairchild couldn't.

That's not what this thread is implying.

justasportsfan
12-04-2007, 12:41 PM
I'm not blaming Fairchild for Willis' offseason . I'm blaming him for not being able to bring out the best inb his players. Looks to me he doesn't have the knowledge to put his players in a position to succeed.

Willis is not only running better than when he was here, he's also part of the passing game. Lynch was hardly ever a factor in the passing game and yet Lynch is supposed to have better hands.

The Answer
12-04-2007, 12:43 PM
First AJ Touchy Feeley, now Kyle Boller - just proves how bad Losman really is that he is unable to do anything against the Pats.

~The Answer

madness
12-04-2007, 12:51 PM
I'm not blaming Fairchild for Willis' offseason . I'm blaming him for not being able to bring out the best inb his players. Looks to me he doesn't have the knowledge to put his players in a position to succeed.

Willis is not only running better than when he was here, he's also part of the passing game. Lynch was hardly ever a factor in the passing game and yet Lynch is supposed to have better hands.

Maybe because Willis actually learned the playbook this year? If Willis pulled that crap in college or H.S., he'd be riding the pine real quick.

OpIv37
12-04-2007, 12:54 PM
Maybe because Willis actually learned the playbook this year? If Willis pulled that crap in college or H.S., he'd be riding the pine real quick.

to some degree I think justa has a point though- clearly Willis is more motivated in Baltimore than he was in Buffalo and there has to be a reason for it. Buffalo drafted him when we had a 1400 yard back in Henry and he had a busted knee, and the fans certainly embraced him. Certainly the team had their problems when he was here, but is Baltimore really any better? They're going back and forth between worthless Boller and ancient McNair at QB and they have an inconsistent offense.

justasportsfan
12-04-2007, 12:58 PM
First AJ Touchy Feeley, now Kyle Boller - just proves how bad Losman really is that he is unable to do anything against the Pats.

~The Answer
this isn't about Losman. Yeah AJ Feeley, the qb that Holcomb couldn't beat out as McNabbs back up.

justasportsfan
12-04-2007, 12:59 PM
Who's job is it to make sure the players are doing what theyare supposed to do?

Point is, WIllis leaves and makes Fairchild look like an idiot.

OpIv37
12-04-2007, 01:00 PM

And that's one area where Fairchild doesn't need any help- he's pretty good at making himself look like an idiot without any assistance.

madness
12-04-2007, 01:01 PM
to some degree I think justa has a point though- clearly Willis is more motivated in Baltimore than he was in Buffalo and there has to be a reason for it. Buffalo drafted him when we had a 1400 yard back in Henry and he had a busted knee, and the fans certainly embraced him. Certainly the team had their problems when he was here, but is Baltimore really any better? They're going back and forth between worthless Boller and ancient McNair at QB and they have an inconsistent offense.

Thats fine but I don't think an individual's motivation falls squarely on an offensive coordinator's shoulder.

Boller has been playing far more consistant then he ever has and the offense is improving because of that (some-what) consistant play. McGahee's success is following that same curve. It's not so different then what we should see with Edwards progressing at QB.

madness
12-04-2007, 01:02 PM
Who's job is it to make sure the players are doing what theyare supposed to do?

So the student doesn't do his homework and it's the teacher's fault.

The Answer
12-04-2007, 01:02 PM
this isn't about Losman. Yeah AJ Feeley, the qb that Holcomb couldn't beat out as McNabbs back up.

Feeley, Holcomb, Edwards, Boller, etc.....all better than your boy Losman so it really don't matter.

~The Answer

justasportsfan
12-04-2007, 01:04 PM
Thats fine but I don't think an individual's motivation falls squarely on an offensive coordinator's shoulder.

Boller has been playing far more consistant then he ever has and the offense is improving because of that (some-what) consistant play. McGahee's success is following that same curve. It's not so different then what we should see with Edwards progressing at QB.
JP last year was just as consistent as Boller but Willis is playing better in Balt. He's a completely different back and put in a better position to succeed.

OpIv37
12-04-2007, 01:05 PM

usually it's not- sometimes it is. If the student feels he isn't going to learn anything in the class or from the assignment, there's a much greater chance that he won't do it.

justasportsfan
12-04-2007, 01:09 PM

a student isn't being paid while Willis was. The teacher in this case could've benched the student if he wasn't performing.

Willis had a better help from his qb last year than this year with McNair and yet Willis is playing better.

Another thing is that Willis did better under Moolarkey/Clemens than he did with Fairchild :scratch:

madness
12-04-2007, 01:09 PM
JP last year was just as consistent as Boller but Willis is playing better in Balt. He's a completely different back and put in a better position to succeed.

Um...knowledge of playbook?

justasportsfan
12-04-2007, 01:15 PM
Um...knowledge of playbook?

or crappy playbook.

If he wasn't performing for lack of understanding of the playbook, Farichild should've done what was best for the team , put the best players in there.

It's hard to justify Fairchilds brain when all his players are underperforming in thier 2nd year. Again, the ability to bring out the best from his players are suspect. .

He was also brought in because of his knowledge of the deep passing game. Instead we're dinking and dunking and our best WR is Reed. We should've brought in a WCO mind.

Maybe next year he will get Trent to play like JP did last year. :ill:

YardRat
12-04-2007, 06:50 PM
I'll take Trent, Marshawn, and Fairchild with Buffalo's W/L record over Boller, McGahee, Neuheisel (sp?) and Baltimore's record right now, thank you very much.

justasportsfan
12-04-2007, 07:10 PM
I'll take Trent, Marshawn, and Fairchild with Buffalo's W/L record over Boller, McGahee, Neuheisel (sp?) and Baltimore's record right now, thank you very much.

I too would take Lynch and Trent but I would rather have Billick over Fairchild. He'll have Lynch rushing for 2000 yards. Fairchild isn't the reason for our better record. He isn't coaching our D and ST. Our record is what it is inspite of him.

Maybe Trent is the qb he wanted all along and the one to turn it around for Fairchild. We shall see in time but right now, our O has been a disappoinment since he's been here. He's only shown that he can't beat great D's .

I don't want to hear about the lack of talent either. He chose to stay with the wr's and TE's we had from last year. MArv would've found a way to get him what he wanted.

LABillsFan
12-04-2007, 08:08 PM
This is a moot point. Some teams find a way to play another. Even though they gave NE a run for their money, I still see a beg fat 0 in the loss column for The Pats. Just like the 70's where the Bills lost to the Dolphins, is it frustrating yes, did the Bills have the talent and ability to do things the teams you mentioned do, no. Maybe its finally coming around, but it sure wasn't there earlier in the season.