PDA

View Full Version : WGRZ - Edwards do's are good, but his don'ts are better

The Answer
12-04-2007, 12:59 PM
http://www.wgrz.com/sports/columnist/AsISeeIt_article.aspx?storyid=53362

Edwards' Do's are Good but Don'ts are Better

Click here to add your comments on this story! (http://www.wgrz.com/sports/columnist/AsISeeIt_article.aspx?storyid=53362#StoryChatAnchor)

Posted by: Ed Kilgore (ekilgore@wgrz.gannett.com?subject=RE:Edwards' Do's are Good but Don'ts are Better), Sports Director

Created: 12/3/2007 9:22:56 PM
Updated: 12/3/2007 9:23:16 PM

If you consider the fact the Bills won a game on the road without scoring a touchdown, you find it difficult to defend the performance of a couple rookies on offense, but that's exactly what I'm going to do right here, right now.

Trent Edwards didn't throw a touchdown pass and didn't lead a touchdown drive, and to be truthful, he threw some just plain ugly passes at Washington. His overall performance though, was anything but ugly, and we've SEEN enough ugly in the past to know what ugly really is.

Ugly is fumbling after being sacked, or throwing costly interceptions, or holding the football far too long without making a decision. ANY decision, actually. Edwards, after a rusty first half, was quite impressive in the second half, and not just on the drive that led to the winning field goal. He passed for exactly 200 yards in the second half, and kept the Bills alive by not turning the football over.............................

~The Answer

The King
12-04-2007, 02:01 PM
mancrush.

justasportsfan
12-04-2007, 02:18 PM
mancrush.
scary

Devin
12-04-2007, 02:18 PM
scary good :snicker:

bigbub2352
12-04-2007, 02:24 PM
Eveyone is forgetting he is a rookie, it takes a good WR core to help out the passing game, and we are lacking in that area, TE will be real good when surreneded with some talent at TE and WR< and maybe a real Hback, funny how the pass protection shored up when TE was in there, it is all about decision making it makes all the differance, how good will TE be once he is given full reign of the offense

trapezeus
12-04-2007, 02:57 PM
Eveyone is forgetting he is a rookie, it takes a good WR core to help out the passing game, and we are lacking in that area, TE will be real good when surreneded with some talent at TE and WR< and maybe a real Hback, funny how the pass protection shored up when TE was in there, it is all about decision making it makes all the differance, how good will TE be once he is given full reign of the offense

couldn't agree more on the OL comment. They gel under edwards and quick decisions but look lost with Losman. And even with losman, they'd give him plenty of time. and instead of making a decision, he just sat there, eating up the time.

Johnny Bugmenot
12-04-2007, 04:21 PM

We all know full well he's a rookie, but he's also an NFL starter now, and regardless of how long he's been in the league he has to play at a starter-level caliber to keep the job. Right now he's close-- he's doing what Ben Roethlisberger did back in '04 and '05 and Kyle Orton did in '05, hand the ball off, convert enough short passes to stay competitive, and hope the defense holds. What he needs to do now is to learn how to finish off those long scoring drives with touchdowns instead of field goals. Will some better talent at WR help that, or another TE to complement Gaines (we all know the rap on Royal)? Probably.

HHURRICANE
12-04-2007, 05:59 PM
Justa, I guess Kilgore must be a JP hater as well for making the same observations as me !!:snicker:

justasportsfan
12-04-2007, 06:19 PM
Justa, I guess Kilgore must be a JP hater as well for making the same observations as me !!:snicker:
I observed the same thing about Trent. So what now? I must be a JP hater then?