PDA

View Full Version : Where the hell is all the depth we are finding on our team coming from??

Mitchy moo
12-04-2007, 04:51 PM
Fast Freddie looked like a super hero, Trent looks like a poised multi-year vet, multiple no name guys on D that play like they are posessed. Where the hell did we get these guys??

When we get all our starters back next year, we're going to be stacked. I mean my goodness, how talented will we be?

Mr. Miyagi
12-04-2007, 04:56 PM
Fast Freddie
DO NOT confuse Jonathan "Fast Freddie" Smith with Fred Jackson. This is not the crappy ol' Fast Freddie.

YardRat
12-04-2007, 04:59 PM
Good coaching.

hydro
12-04-2007, 05:02 PM
Good coaching.

I keep reading our coaching is horrible. :idunno:

Mitchy moo
12-04-2007, 05:04 PM

That's from the same people that are still hurt because of the Dallas game and want to live in the past. Remember 3 months ago and that Denver game????

I mean man, just give it up. We know those games didn't work out.

The Answer
12-04-2007, 05:04 PM
Fast Freddie looked like a super hero, Trent looks like a poised multi-year vet, multiple no name guys on D that play like they are posessed. Where the hell did we get these guys??

When we get all our starters back next year, we're going to be stacked. I mean my goodness, how talented will we be?

Don't forget we have a TON of draft picks to use in April too - and you have to figure that we will sign at least 2 - 4 2nd tier veteran free agents that will come in help fills some holes.

~The Answer

Ingtar33
12-04-2007, 05:45 PM
we're playing above ourselves in a mediocre league which is riddled with bad coaching, and poor drafting.

in short... we're still an under talented, and slow squad playing solid fundamental football.

Low turnovers, good turnover margin, low penalties and good special teams.

if we could get something clicking on offense we'll be a playoff team with those traits.

Mitchy moo
12-04-2007, 05:46 PM
we're playing above ourselves in a mediocre league which is riddled with bad coaching, and poor drafting.

in short... we're still an under talented, and slow squad playing solid fundamental football.

if we could get something clicking on offense we'll be a playoff team with those traits.

We'll be there.....

G. Host
12-04-2007, 07:55 PM

Slow? Defense is extremely fast but small.

Otherwise I agree.

It is size of the heart of the dog not the size of the dog which matters unless the bigger dog has as much heart.

Bone
12-04-2007, 07:57 PM
Marv Levy.

LABillsFan
12-04-2007, 08:02 PM

This is the reason that I won't bag on the Bills or the coaching staff. Look what they have done with 2nd, 3rd and 4th stringers. To be 6-6 at this point, some argue the Bills could be 8-4, they could easily be 5-7, but with the players they have, not only are they gaining experience, but the drive to want to play more next year with the returning starters will push the level of competition even higher.

mybills
12-04-2007, 08:14 PM

:10:

Oaf
12-04-2007, 09:56 PM
Yeah buddy, I had that problem too. Just add Op and NightHawk onto your Ignore List and call me in the morning. :up:

The Jokeman
12-04-2007, 10:13 PM

In all honesty I think it's the starters we have aren't that much better the backups ie we lack star/elite talent at the top therefore the dropoff isn't as pronounced. That's why we're average. That all said the talent we do have has prodouced better then I expected results as in the preason I thought we'd be 6-10 season as didn't anticipate the defense to be as stong in the redzone as it's been and didn't expect the offensive running game to be as good as it's been.

Michael82
12-05-2007, 01:02 AM

Excellent post! :bf1:

colin
12-05-2007, 07:34 AM
our rook qb is a stud who fell to the 3rd round.

our special teams are still good, even tho they've slipped of late.

our D is small and packed with about 5 or 6 guys who should never start, but they are fast and our top players can get some things done. our run D

the biggest reason for our success IMO is that our O line is a rock. it is still developing and we might need one more guy in the middle, but they are huge and pass blocking has been very good. at times the run blocking has been good too, but not consistently.

freddy and trent are good, but the line in front of them physically over matches opponents. if we can keep it up and not telegraph every play to our opponents we might be able to maul people late in the year.

Mitchy moo
12-05-2007, 09:10 AM
our rook qb is a stud who fell to the 3rd round.

our special teams are still good, even tho they've slipped of late.

our D is small and packed with about 5 or 6 guys who should never start, but they are fast and our top players can get some things done. our run D

the biggest reason for our success IMO is that our O line is a rock. it is still developing and we might need one more guy in the middle, but they are huge and pass blocking has been very good. at times the run blocking has been good too, but not consistently.

freddy and trent are good, but the line in front of them physically over matches opponents. if we can keep it up and not telegraph every play to our opponents we might be able to maul people late in the year.

Nice!!

madness
12-05-2007, 09:17 AM

That's because they know more then Bill Parcells and the majority of the league that agrees with him.

And yet they're wasting all that wonder football knowledge working a regular dead end job.

G. Host
12-05-2007, 08:57 PM
It is all due to heart - in the short term heart overcomes talent for players but over the long term the talent overrides. Teams with heart allow overachievers to beat teams talent wise they should not be able to beat when zebras do not try to compensate calls for name players.

Some players with heart also have talent that took more time to develop. Don Beebe was a perfect example - he was working on siding and other jobs keeping in shape and running in thread bare shoes. When someone finally recognized the talent almost of the teams were willing to go to the tiny college in middle of nowhere to see a player most colleges would not even look at for a scholarship.

SyraBillsLican
12-05-2007, 09:10 PM
brian scott is the man!

TigerJ
12-05-2007, 11:13 PM
I suspect Levy's bias toward drafting players with intelligence and character helps. Also I think the Bills coaches are particularly good at coaching fundamentals and technique.

G. Host
12-05-2007, 11:25 PM
:fab: :freddy: