• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

2 Things Bills have changed lately

Offensively:
    Parrish is starting to get a lot more snaps on the outside, and Reed is moving back into the slot, where he is more comfortable. This, I like. He's a good slot receiver, he can make the tough catches in the middle. His hands have become reliable and he's a perfect slot target for a QB like Edwards. Reed knows he's not a consistent "big play" WR. But that's fine. Every good team needs a guy who can make the catches and move the chains (aka Wes Welker). I really like him in this role as a #3 (even though he technically is a starter)

Defensively
    The nickel package has been featuring Jim Leonard moving to FS, Wilson over to SS and Whitner in the slot.. I HATE This package. Does Youboty suck THAT bad that Jim Freekin Leonard plays before him?

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE
  • Mitchy moo
    Roways rooking ahread!
    • Sep 2005

Re: 2 Things Bills have changed lately

Originally posted by patmoran2006
    Defensively
    The nickel package has been featuring Jim Leonard moving to FS, Wilson over to SS and Whitner in the slot.. I HATE This package. Does Youboty suck THAT bad that Jim Freekin Leonard plays before him?
    The coaches are seeing something we don't. They must see certain tendencies that can be exploited by other teams, that's all I can come up with.

Comment

• Ed
      Dude
      • Sep 2002

Offensively:
      Parrish is starting to get a lot more snaps on the outside, and Reed is moving back into the slot, where he is more comfortable. This, I like. He's a good slot receiver, he can make the tough catches in the middle. His hands have become reliable and he's a perfect slot target for a QB like Edwards. Reed knows he's not a consistent "big play" WR. But that's fine. Every good team needs a guy who can make the catches and move the chains (aka Wes Welker). I really like him in this role as a #3 (even though he technically is a starter)

Defensively
      Good point about Youboty. I keep forgetting he's even on our team. I'm not one to give up on a guy after less then 2 seasons or even a few, but his development hasn't been coming along like we all hoped. I mean, with Wilson and Leonhard, we're talking about former undrafted practice squad guys. Thank god for Greer at least stepping up at corner.

I like that Parrish is getting more snaps, but I want to see him get the ball more. Why not run a reverse at least once per game with him? He can even throw the option pass.

I like Reed a lot too. I'm glad we didn't give up on him.

Comment

• The last buffalo fan
        I told the pet store guy "How else am I supposed to get the mouse out of my ass?"
        • Sep 2004

PM!
        The Mexican & too!!

- Adriano & Emiliano, the next Villa & Zapata. Viva Mexico, cabrones!!! -

Comment

• HHURRICANE
          • Mar 2005

Pat you are on a roll. Completely agree, again!!!

What I saw of Yobouty I liked. He's definately in the dog house for something.

This is just a guess but I think this kid has some mental problems. He lost is whole rookie season due to his mother's death. He was a basket case after that which is borderline ridiculous.

Comment

• Crisis
            • Aug 2004

i agree except the part where you say reed's hands have "become" reliable...really, he was a pretty dependable receiver who had a drop or two that always stuck in the minds of Bills fans.

it's not like he used to drop everything thrown to him.
            Originally posted by LOSman WINS
            Vanek is Austrian not European
            Originally posted by Prov401
            Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
            Originally posted by better days
            I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.

Comment

• YardRat
              Well, lookie here...
              • Dec 2004

Youboty's obviously having problems with the mental aspect of the game. Whether it's emotional hangover from his mother's death or just a question of football intelligence one can only guess.
              YardRat Wall of Fame
              #56 DARRYL TALLEY
              #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Tatonka
                • Jul 2002

i hate the fact that our offense tries to feature Tight Ends.. when we dont have any good ones at all.

Kevin Everett, in his current condition, is still the best TE we have.
                "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Scumbag College
                  • Oct 2002

I think the Bills coaches were really comfortable with K. Thomas as their nickel back. Maybe we as fans weren't as aware of how valuable that guy was because of his lack of interceptions, but he really made a few big plays every game it seemed. Since he went on the IR, the Bills third down D has really went to feces.
                  Remember Kevin Everett in your thoughts.

Vote Nader in 2008!

http://www.votenader.org/

Comment

• jdbillsfan
                    • Oct 2002

Originally posted by Tatonka
                    i hate the fact that our offense tries to feature Tight Ends.. when we dont have any good ones at all.

This is so true. I don't understand it. Let's throw Gaines AND Royal out there.... Watch out!

Comment

• ZacGriffi~82
                      • Jun 2003

I almost lost it when they picked up a 3rd down conversion because we had Leonard man to man on Cooley.
                      www.billsaddiction.com -The Home of Bills Addicts-

Comment

• patmoran2006
                        Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                        • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Tatonka

Don't know if you were being sarcastic about KE (I get what you were saying) But that injury really sucks, because your right in that he would've become the best TE on this team.

With the way Edwards plays, KE would've gotten a lot of opportunities. His strength was always (at least in college) pass catching.

People barely talk about it on here; but I think KE would've really progressed this year, especially with a QB like Edwards.

I SERIOUSLY think that a TE like a Jeremy Shockey should be priority number ONE for this offense next year; even before WR.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• Oaf
                          Do you read what you write?
                          • Jun 2007

I still can't believe we'd rather put in Royal, Gaines, and Chambers over Aiken and Jenkins at WR.

The most exotic we get is the 3 wide with 3 undersized WRs and one unreliable Tight End. I see that and think to myself, how much can I really expect from this O?

How can Aiken possibly have a roster spot? I haven't even spotted him on ST. Get your ass on the field or out the door. Jenkins made plays in the preseason like Jackson and made them from Edwards too, so why not put the kid in when it's NOT 4th down.

Comment

• Spiderweb
                            ....formerly OhBF
                            • Sep 2003

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                            Pat you are on a roll. Completely agree, again!!!

What I saw of Yobouty I liked. He's definately in the dog house for something.

This is just a guess but I think this kid has some mental problems. He lost is whole rookie season due to his mother's death. He was a basket case after that which is borderline ridiculous.
                            I agree with your opening, but have to beg to differ about how the personal loss he suffered is borderline ridiculous. A personal loss, either one that's unexpected or premature based on age can be devastating. My son John, who is now eight, was diagnosed with Leukemia when he was two and for the 39 months I watched him get pumped full of every vial poison possible. Thanks to God and his Doctor (James French - Children's hospital - Dayton, OH). he is here with us today and doing very well.

Yet, I fear every single checkup he has and break into sweats as soon as we enter the hospital for them. My son is with me and yet that changed me forever.

I can't imagine what I'd have done had Johnny been lost to me.
                            Spiderweb

Need a Hero? Try looking within your
                            own family. You might be surprised.

Comment

• jamze132
                              Don’t hate…
                              • Jun 2003

Don't know if you were being sarcastic about KE (I get what you were saying) But that injury really sucks, because your right in that he would've become the best TE on this team.
                              What he meant was even though Everett is barely walking, he is still better than Royal and Gaines.

Comment

Working...
                              X