• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ed
    Dude
    • Sep 2002

Sam Adams Cut!

Yes, I'm kidding.

In a somewhat surprising move, the Denver Broncos on Tuesday afternoon released starting defensive tackle Sam Adams, one of the best interior run-stuffers of his era, but a player who made little impact for the team in its first 12 games of the season.
  • Ed
    Dude
    • Sep 2002

Re: Sam Adams Cut!

I still love that interception return for a TD though against the Pats.

Comment

• Crisis
      • Aug 2004

the best part was london fletcher (actually tko maybe?) knocking brady on his ass right before sam adams danced into the endzone

best game in recent memory, too bad it ended up meaning nothing since they won the superbowl that year and we did nothing
      Originally posted by LOSman WINS
      Vanek is Austrian not European
      Originally posted by Prov401
      Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
      Originally posted by better days
      I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.

Comment

• justasportsfan
        • Jul 2002

We do need someone who's better than Kyle WIlliams. While I like Kyle a lot, we need someone dominating ahead of him . Maybe he'll get better maybe he won't.
        sacrifice1
        https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Ed
          Dude
          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Crisis
          the best part was london fletcher (actually tko maybe?) knocking brady on his ass right before sam adams danced into the endzone

best game in recent memory, too bad it ended up meaning nothing since they won the superbowl that year and we did nothing
          I actually think it was Schobel that shoved Brady to the ground. Great play either way though, and great game. I can't wait until we have a game like that again one day, whenever that may be.

I still think if Moulds doesn't injure his hamstring that year, we go to the playoffs. Gregg Williams would probably still be our coach though, so maybe it worked out for the best.

Comment

• Ingtar33
            Dances With Buffaloes
            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Ed
            I still love that interception return for a TD though against the Pats.
            check my avatar. that's the pic from the run
            My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• Ed
              Dude
              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Ingtar33
              check my avatar. that's the pic from the run
              Yeah, that picture was on the cover of SI too I believe. Maybe we were cursed.

Comment

• OpIv37
                Acid Douching Asswipe
                • Sep 2002

Adams was one of my favorite players when he was here. I still remember the Jets game in 05, even though that was an awful season for us- there was one play where Fat Sam broke through the line so fast that the QB and RB were either exchanging or faking the exchange- since he didn't know, he tackled them BOTH.

Oh, also I remember he sacked whatever no-name QB the Browns had playing in 04 on a bootleg play and fell on him full force- Fat Sam bounced off and the QB just winced in pain.
                MiKiDo Facebook
                MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Ed
                  Dude
                  • Sep 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
                  Adams was one of my favorite players when he was here. I still remember the Jets game in 05, even though that was an awful season for us- there was one play where Fat Sam broke through the line so fast that the QB and RB were either exchanging or faking the exchange- since he didn't know, he tackled them BOTH.

Oh, also I remember he sacked whatever no-name QB the Browns had playing in 04 on a bootleg play and fell on him full force- Fat Sam bounced off and the QB just winced in pain.
                  Yeah, I always thought Sam was so explosive at times coming off the ball. It seemed like our coaches always wanted to limit him as a pass rusher though and just tie up blockers. I never really understood that, and seemed to lead to a lot of frustration and falling out with the coaches.

Comment

• realdealryan
                    realdealrex
                    • Nov 2005

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                    We do need someone who's better than Kyle WIlliams. While I like Kyle a lot, we need someone dominating ahead of him . Maybe he'll get better maybe he won't.
                    Typically, yes. But KW was on point last week.

Comment

• Lexwhat
                      • Feb 2005

Sign him for a year or two. We can use him when opposing teams are in short-yardage situations. I'm guessing he can still stand in one spot and not get pushed over by opposing O-Lineman.

He's better than Jason Jefferson.

Comment

• realdealryan
                        realdealrex
                        • Nov 2005

Wasn't he supposedly a locker-room drag?

Comment

• The Jokeman
                          • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Lexwhat
                          Sign him for a year or two. We can use him when opposing teams are in short-yardage situations. I'm guessing he can still stand in one spot and not get pushed over by opposing O-Lineman.

He's better than Jason Jefferson.
                          DId you know the Bengals D actually ranks worse against the rush then ours? They only have five more sacks then us and give up more points a game then us? In other words they're worse then us. Just say no to Sam.

Comment

• Lexwhat
                            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by The Jokeman
                            DId you know the Bengals D actually ranks worse against the rush then ours? They only have five more sacks then us and give up more points a game then us? In other words they're worse then us. Just say no to Sam.

What does that have to do with anything? He hasen't played with the Bengals since last year...

This year, he was a starter for the Broncos. IMO, he shouldn't be a starter in this league anymore.

I think Sam would be a good fit here as a SITUATIONAL BACK-UP player on obvious rushing downs. Nothing more than that.

Comment

• The Jokeman
                              • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Lexwhat
                              What does that have to do with anything? He hasen't played with the Bengals since last year...

This year, he was a starter for the Broncos. IMO, he shouldn't be a starter in this league anymore.

I think Sam would be a good fit here as a SITUATIONAL BACK-UP player on obvious rushing downs. Nothing more than that.
                              LOL dear gawd and I pride myself in knowing where players are I totally forgot he played he signed with Denver this offseason. Forgive me, either way I'd pass on Sam as his best days are behind him and can't see him wanting to play here.

Comment

Working...
                              X