PDA

View Full Version : Sam Adams Cut!

Ed
12-04-2007, 06:11 PM
Yes, I'm kidding.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3141697

Ed
12-04-2007, 06:12 PM
I still love that interception return for a TD though against the Pats.

Crisis
12-04-2007, 06:15 PM
the best part was london fletcher (actually tko maybe?) knocking brady on his ass right before sam adams danced into the endzone

best game in recent memory, too bad it ended up meaning nothing since they won the superbowl that year and we did nothing

justasportsfan
12-04-2007, 06:22 PM
We do need someone who's better than Kyle WIlliams. While I like Kyle a lot, we need someone dominating ahead of him . Maybe he'll get better maybe he won't.

Ed
12-04-2007, 06:30 PM
the best part was london fletcher (actually tko maybe?) knocking brady on his ass right before sam adams danced into the endzone

best game in recent memory, too bad it ended up meaning nothing since they won the superbowl that year and we did nothing
I actually think it was Schobel that shoved Brady to the ground. Great play either way though, and great game. I can't wait until we have a game like that again one day, whenever that may be.

I still think if Moulds doesn't injure his hamstring that year, we go to the playoffs. Gregg Williams would probably still be our coach though, so maybe it worked out for the best.

Ingtar33
12-04-2007, 06:41 PM
I still love that interception return for a TD though against the Pats.

check my avatar. that's the pic from the run

Ed
12-04-2007, 06:42 PM
check my avatar. that's the pic from the run
Yeah, that picture was on the cover of SI too I believe. Maybe we were cursed.

OpIv37
12-04-2007, 06:44 PM
Adams was one of my favorite players when he was here. I still remember the Jets game in 05, even though that was an awful season for us- there was one play where Fat Sam broke through the line so fast that the QB and RB were either exchanging or faking the exchange- since he didn't know, he tackled them BOTH.

Oh, also I remember he sacked whatever no-name QB the Browns had playing in 04 on a bootleg play and fell on him full force- Fat Sam bounced off and the QB just winced in pain.

Ed
12-04-2007, 06:47 PM
Adams was one of my favorite players when he was here. I still remember the Jets game in 05, even though that was an awful season for us- there was one play where Fat Sam broke through the line so fast that the QB and RB were either exchanging or faking the exchange- since he didn't know, he tackled them BOTH.

Oh, also I remember he sacked whatever no-name QB the Browns had playing in 04 on a bootleg play and fell on him full force- Fat Sam bounced off and the QB just winced in pain.
Yeah, I always thought Sam was so explosive at times coming off the ball. It seemed like our coaches always wanted to limit him as a pass rusher though and just tie up blockers. I never really understood that, and seemed to lead to a lot of frustration and falling out with the coaches.

realdealryan
12-04-2007, 07:38 PM
We do need someone who's better than Kyle WIlliams. While I like Kyle a lot, we need someone dominating ahead of him . Maybe he'll get better maybe he won't.

Typically, yes. But KW was on point last week.

Lexwhat
12-04-2007, 07:48 PM
Sign him for a year or two. We can use him when opposing teams are in short-yardage situations. I'm guessing he can still stand in one spot and not get pushed over by opposing O-Lineman.

He's better than Jason Jefferson.

realdealryan
12-04-2007, 09:00 PM
Wasn't he supposedly a locker-room drag?

The Jokeman
12-04-2007, 09:30 PM
Sign him for a year or two. We can use him when opposing teams are in short-yardage situations. I'm guessing he can still stand in one spot and not get pushed over by opposing O-Lineman.

He's better than Jason Jefferson.
DId you know the Bengals D actually ranks worse against the rush then ours? They only have five more sacks then us and give up more points a game then us? In other words they're worse then us. Just say no to Sam.

Lexwhat
12-04-2007, 09:50 PM
DId you know the Bengals D actually ranks worse against the rush then ours? They only have five more sacks then us and give up more points a game then us? In other words they're worse then us. Just say no to Sam.

What does that have to do with anything? He hasen't played with the Bengals since last year...

This year, he was a starter for the Broncos. IMO, he shouldn't be a starter in this league anymore.

I think Sam would be a good fit here as a SITUATIONAL BACK-UP player on obvious rushing downs. Nothing more than that.

The Jokeman
12-04-2007, 09:53 PM
What does that have to do with anything? He hasen't played with the Bengals since last year...

This year, he was a starter for the Broncos. IMO, he shouldn't be a starter in this league anymore.

I think Sam would be a good fit here as a SITUATIONAL BACK-UP player on obvious rushing downs. Nothing more than that.
LOL dear gawd and I pride myself in knowing where players are I totally forgot he played he signed with Denver this offseason. Forgive me, either way I'd pass on Sam as his best days are behind him and can't see him wanting to play here.

Lexwhat
12-04-2007, 10:01 PM
LOL dear gawd and I pride myself in knowing where players are I totally forgot he played he signed with Denver this offseason. Forgive me, either way I'd pass on Sam as his best days are behind him and can't see him wanting to play here.

It's all good...

Either way, I also doubt he would want to come here anyway.

My guess is he will be depth for some team come playoff time...

G. Host
12-04-2007, 10:16 PM
Adams is looking for lucky team #7.

Seattle (1994-99) (as AFC team)
Baltimore (2000-01)
Oakland (2002)
Buffalo (2003-05)
Cincinnati (2006)
Denver (2007)Probably an AFC team since he has never signed with a NFC team.
Has never played two for teams in one season.

KC, Houston and SD are all on Denver's plate in that order.