PDA

View Full Version : my draft guesses (thoughts ingtar, et. al.?)

shadowfax
03-31-2003, 08:07 PM
TD surprises (me) by not taking the best ranked DT at 23 and instead trades down with the Raider's 31st so the Raiders can snatch Boller, who dey like. Bills take Jeff Faine, C at 31, then take Dallas Clark, TE with their 2nd rounder. Bills get the Raider's 2nd rounder (sacrificing our 6th rounder) and take Nick Eason, DT. In third round Bills snag Lamarcus McDonald, LB. In the fourth, it's Musa Smith, RB. In the fifth, a Hmmm pick: Seneca Wallace, QB. No 6th. For our last pick: Bethel Johnson, WR.

Surprises: No CB, No FS, no DE (this actually does not come as a surprise to me...we already have thirty six DEs...I think TD has done his work there. Time to step up, Meester Denney.)

Dicknoze69
03-31-2003, 08:40 PM
I'd be surprised if Boller is there at 23. The Ravens are said to like him a lot, as do other teams that pick ahead of us. I like the trade-down with the Raiders, and Faine would be a great pick there. I really like Clark in the 2nd round, I really hope he's there when we pick. I also don't think Musa Smith will be there in the 4th round, I think he'll be gone before that. I like the rest of your draft though.

:punk:

BillC
03-31-2003, 08:43 PM
Oakland is in cap hell. If anything, they may trade down because rhy might not have the cap space to sign 2 first rounders.

Like Buffalo 2 seasons ago, they need quantity of picks to replace all the bodies let go. They are in the market to acquire more selections, not trade wha tthey have to move up. There will be plenty of decent QB's at 31/32, possibly even Boller.

I like the Bills getting Faine. Rasheed Mathis would solve a numbrer of holes we have

Tatonka
03-31-2003, 10:36 PM
have the bills shown any interest whatsoever in faine or is it all hype by us?

i dont know that they would even consider taking the guy.. i am pretty sure they like teague.

PA Season Ticket Holder
03-31-2003, 10:41 PM
I'd be very happy if we drafted Faine or Steinbach.

BillsMan80
03-31-2003, 10:45 PM
My Mock...

1. Kelley Washington, WR, Tennessee
2. Willis McGahee, RB, Miami
3. Calvin Pace, DE, Wake Forest
4. Aaron Walker, TE, Florida
5. Lynaris Elpheage, CB, Tulane
6. Gerome Sapp, S, Notre Dame
7. Bernard Riley, DT, USC

kgun12
03-31-2003, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka
have the bills shown any interest whatsoever in faine or is it all hype by us?

i dont know that they would even consider taking the guy.. i am pretty sure they like teague.

Tatonka it's all hype, Teague has 3 years left on his contract. Players in the 1st round are expected to play right now, they aren't going to draft Faine to sit on the bench! Having said that, I don't see any position were we need a kid to step up and paly right away, so I see TD trading down.

Tatonka
03-31-2003, 11:19 PM
i probably agree. but it seems like td has surprised me every year.. so to say trade down.. is too easy.. but i did pick that in the draft pool for position... :D

Ingtar33
03-31-2003, 11:20 PM
I agree KGun...

Faine, would in all honesty be a big plus... but you also have to draft with need... not just best player available. Right now I have Faine as a 25th-32nd pick... its a little high to take him with our pick... I don't see why the Raiders would trade down unless they were giving up both of their late first picks... which should be enough to move them into the mid teams, not early twenties.

Draft day trades are both unexpected and less frequent than we all like to think. It is hard to pull them off, and don't look for us to do it without some huge reward... like both of the Raiders first rounders, or, fall back a few picks to get an additional 2nd.

Right now the top two needs for the Bills (WR/TE and FS/CB) are positions which promise to be full of talent when we pick.

venis2k1
03-31-2003, 11:36 PM
The thing you gotta remember about Faine though, he is only a Junior. And I still think he would provide an INSTANT improvment over TT. Allowing us to Cut Teague June 1st. Or keep him around for VERY quality Depth(expensive depth...But its not like we are having cap problems right now.)and cut him down the road.

kgun12
03-31-2003, 11:42 PM
Ingtar I like the TE out of Auburn Robert Johnson. I think we could trade down in or even out of the1st round get an extra pick and still get a decent TE/WR or a S/CB. I think (TE's) Johnson, Clark, (S) Mathis, Battle, Polamalu, (CB's) Wethersby and Wilson should be there. Depending how far down the first round we might go we could still get a speed WR.

Having said all that, I have to assume TD has plans for this pick (23), he worked very hard to get it!

clumping platelets
04-01-2003, 02:48 AM
TE Dallas Clark :D

TypicalBill
04-01-2003, 02:59 AM
TE Robert Johnson will probably be available when we pick in the 3rd round, he's like an extra offensive tackle (his weight is 280+) he can also find the open spots on pass plays. But most importantly, if coached well, would make henry flourish.

Imagine big mike with Johnson on the right side :eek:

TigerJ
04-01-2003, 12:25 PM
Right now, I think our TE's are stronger in the area of blocking than receiving. Moore and Campbell are both pretty decent blockers. They dont have much speedor the ability to separate from defenders. Does Robert Johnson give us any of that or is it just more of what we have?

Tatonka
04-01-2003, 12:41 PM
i have high hopes for mark campbell.. he may turn out to be more than we expect.

DraftBoy
04-01-2003, 09:39 PM
I like Kevin Ware at TE out of Washington, the guy is 6'2 and 253. Good pass catching TE with some blocking ability, could be a nice pick in the 4th-5th round. My mock draft is this:

Mike Doss FS
Nick Eason DT
LeMarcus McDonald OLB
Billy McMullen WR
Kevin Ware TE
Cato June CB
Rob Admanson QB

The Spaz
04-01-2003, 09:56 PM
Why the F would we cut teague!? Put the pipe down and get coherent again...good lord! Go Bills!

TigerJ
04-01-2003, 10:06 PM
Doss will be a great SS. He will probably be only a fair FS. If you want a FS, draft someone else (Rashean Mathis).

DraftBoy
04-02-2003, 02:47 PM
Id really like to take the FS out of California. I also said I wanna deal down in round 1

The Spaz
04-02-2003, 03:29 PM
Troy Polamalu is a SS from USC. He is a good player and could fall to us in the 2nd round but we already have a bunch of SS. Go Bills!

DraftBoy
04-02-2003, 06:52 PM
some perdict Polamula to go in rd. 1, plus we need FS not SS

Schobel94
04-02-2003, 07:17 PM
Doss is an SS, hard hitter, not so good in cover, that is not what we need. I really liked Haynes until I red up on him. He's not a speed rusher, Kelsay is a speed rusher, I'd go with him in the first round. At least someone to come in on situational pass rushing downs.

BillsMan80
04-02-2003, 10:27 PM
Say NO to Kelsay. Overrated as they come. Kelsay and Long are the most overrated players in the draft. Kelsay is weak at the POA, and cannot shed blockers. Kelsay is more of an OLB and reminds me so much of Erik Flowers.