PDA

View Full Version : Jared Allen

Devin
12-04-2007, 08:07 PM
Who do you use for the framework of a new deal? Freeney?

Allen is 6-6, 270lbs.

Allen is at 210 tackles, 39 sacks, 12FF, 24 PDef, and 1 INT in 4 seasons.......oh yeah and 1 recieving TD lol. Talk about an absolute terror at DE. Now thats a pass rush.

Freeney is 6-1, 268 lbs.

Freeney in the last 4 seasons is at 118 tackles, 36 sacks and 18FF. Freeney has 11 Pdef for his career

Freeney signed a 6 year 72 million dollar extension this year, Charles Grant signed a 7 year contract extension worth up to 63 million.

Where does Allen fall? How can you argue he doesnt deserve more then freeney?

Ickybaluky
12-04-2007, 09:07 PM
His agent will use the Freeney deal as a guide, that is for sure. It is a little more complicated than that, because of his past legal troubles (3 DUI in 4 years). Because of that he served a 4-game suspension to start this year. If he gets busted again, he is looking at a 1-year suspension. That makes it more difficult to invest Freeney-type money in him long-term. That is also why KC signed him to the high 1-Yr RFA tender last year instead of offering him a long term contract.

Allen has claimed to straightened himself out and says he no longer drinks, but KC might still be hesitant to sign him long-term. Carl Peterson has already said Allen will be franchised if they can't come to terms. They might prefer to do that for a year before making a decision on a long-term deal, just to minimize risk.

Devin
12-05-2007, 11:33 AM
His agent will use the Freeney deal as a guide, that is for sure. It is a little more complicated than that, because of his past legal troubles (3 DUI in 4 years). Because of that he served a 4-game suspension to start this year. If he gets busted again, he is looking at a 1-year suspension. That makes it more difficult to invest Freeney-type money in him long-term. That is also why KC signed him to the high 1-Yr RFA tender last year instead of offering him a long term contract.

Allen has claimed to straightened himself out and says he no longer drinks, but KC might still be hesitant to sign him long-term. Carl Peterson has already said Allen will be franchised if they can't come to terms. They might prefer to do that for a year before making a decision on a long-term deal, just to minimize risk.

I forgot about that 4 gamer, wow so he has 11.5 sacks in 8 games? Good god.

Thats gonna be a hefty deal regardless.

Ickybaluky
12-05-2007, 11:40 AM
I forgot about that 4 gamer, wow so he has 11.5 sacks in 8 games? Good god.

Thats gonna be a hefty deal regardless.

Actually, my bad, it was a 2-game suspension. It was under the off-field conduct policy, not the substance abuse policy.

Still, your point is valid. That is a terrific pace.

DraftBoy
12-05-2007, 02:14 PM
I think you're looking at the soon to be highest paid DE in the league and I think he knows he's worth it too.

Since it was a 2 gamer is a year suspension still the next step?

Ickybaluky
12-05-2007, 03:38 PM
I think you're looking at the soon to be highest paid DE in the league and I think he knows he's worth it too.

Since it was a 2 gamer is a year suspension still the next step?

Actually, I had my programs mixed up.

There is no definite amount of games set if he were to get into trouble and become subject to the off-field conduct policy.

That policy leaves it strictly in the hands of Roger "Kenesaw Mountain" Goodall.