Is Marshawn Lynch a Top 10 RB in this league?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

Is Marshawn Lynch a Top 10 RB in this league?

My buddy DraftBoy seems to think not. Now, I love debating with the guy, we keep on TOPIC all the time whether we agree or not. Personally on this I VERY STRONGLY disagree.

So this thread applies to anybody who DOES agree that Lynch is not a Top 10 RB in this league.

Name me 10 others.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE
  • Devin
    The Octagon
    • Apr 2003

Re: Is Marshawn Lynch a Top 10 RB in this league?

Originally posted by patmoran2006
    My buddy DraftBoy seems to think not. Now, I love debating with the guy, we keep on TOPIC all the time whether we agree or not. Personally on this I VERY STRONGLY disagree.

So this thread applies to anybody who DOES agree that Lynch is not a Top 10 RB in this league.

Name me 10 others.
    Larry Johnson
    Ladanian Tomlinson
    Adrian Peterson
    Willie Parker
    Brian Westbrook
    Clinton Portis
    Joseph Addai
    Frank Gore
    Edgerrin James
    Steven Jackson

And if you feel any 1 of those isnt accurate feel free to go ahead and sub in Darren McFadden now.

I like Lynch a lot but even pre-draft felt he wasnt a top 10 back in this league.
    http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• gil
      • Mar 2005

ok, sorry, I don't agree with DraftBoy, but when he went out he was like 5 or 6 in the league in rushing - sure, there are a few better, LT, AD come to mind obviously - but who else jumps out - if he hadn't been hurt, I guarantee Marshawn would on the tip of a lot of people's tongues right now in the conversation at least.

"Great" RB's are a dying breed - I'll take strong, shifty and productive runners like Marshawn anyday.

Comment

• patmoran2006
        Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
        • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Devin
        Larry Johnson
        Ladanian Tomlinson
        Adrian Peterson
        Willie Parker
        Brian Westbrook
        Clinton Portis
        Joseph Addai
        Frank Gore
        Edgerrin James
        Steven Jackson

And if you feel any 1 of those isnt accurate feel free to go ahead and sub in Darren McFadden now.

I like Lynch a lot but even pre-draft felt he wasnt a top 10 back in this league.
        **** I somehow forgot about Westbrook when first debated this with draft boy.

Even still. I think he is DEFNITELY better than Clinton Portis and especially Edge James, RIGHT NOW too, not next year or the year after. I think he's about even with Gore. Look at him this year when you don't have a lot of talent around you.

Lynch was what, 3rd in the NFL in rushing before he got hurt? and that's with NO Passing game, an OL that especially early on was dreadful in run blocking, and defensive coordinators that put 8 in the box on him all day.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

Isn't it a little early to tell? Of all the guys on Devin's list, the only one who has played as few games as Lynch is Peterson.

Right now, I wouldn't call him a top 10 back in this league, but he certainly could be. In a year or two, Edge and Portis will likely be off that list so it depends who comes in the league as well.

BTW, anyone who thinks Steven Jackson is better than Lynch obviously doesn't have Jackson on their fantasy team.
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Devin
            The Octagon
            • Apr 2003

Originally posted by patmoran2006
            **** I somehow forgot about Westbrook when first debated this with draft boy.

Even still. I think he is DEFNITELY better than Clinton Portis and especially Edge James, RIGHT NOW too, not next year or the year after. I think he's about even with Gore. Look at him this year when you don't have a lot of talent around you.

Lynch was what, 3rd in the NFL in rushing before he got hurt? and that's with NO Passing game, an OL that especially early on was dreadful in run blocking, and defensive coordinators that put 8 in the box on him all day.
            I thought you meant in general if you are strictly going by this season alone obviously some guys are having off years.

When lynch cracks 1500-1600 yards then we can call him the same or better then Gore who has zero talent around him last year but runs all over the place. In fact Gore had arguably a worse line, a worse QB, no WR's and he still had probably what will come out to about 500 yards more then lynch.

Lynch simply hasnt played enough to be considered better or equal to workhorses like portis, edge....etc.

As of now id put Lynch in the top 15. No telling what he does a few years deep.

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
              Defies all logic
              • Oct 2006

It's a stupid debate because RB's are really a dime a dozen anyway. The real debate is whether or not you think Lynch is a great RB or a good RB, the rest is irrelevant.

Comment

• gil
                • Mar 2005

Larry Johnson
                Ladanian Tomlinson
                Adrian Peterson
                Willie Parker
                Brian Westbrook
                Clinton Portis
                Joseph Addai
                Frank Gore
                Edgerrin James
                Steven Jackson
                ok, I'll take ML over Jackson, james, Portis, even Westbrook (great receiver, not a tough RB)

Even if you disagree, Pat's question is about Top 10 RB's - I think he's without a doubt in the conversation and if he wasn't hurt, this conversation wouldn't even be happening.

Comment

• camelcowboy
                  • Mar 2005

Ronnie brown has too be on the list if his injury doesn't effect him

Comment

• evol4276
                    • Oct 2005

too early for me to make any claims. i even think its too early to put addai in anything tho he is clearly good. just need more than 2 years of experience. look at caddilac. hugacious rookie year. nothing since. injuries kill his play, and when he's in, he still isn't as good as he was

Comment

• Devin
                      The Octagon
                      • Apr 2003

Originally posted by gilbert23b
                      ok, I'll take ML over Jackson, james, Portis, even Westbrook (great receiver, not a tough RB)

Even if you disagree, Pat's question is about Top 10 RB's - I think he's without a doubt in the conversation and if he wasn't hurt, this conversation wouldn't even be happening.
                      Im not insulting you in anyway my friend, but please. I have to believe a lot of this talk (not just from you) is simply good 'ol Buffalo bias.

James and Portis are 1200 yard backs in bad years.

Ill give you Westbrook is injury prone but the guy averages 4.7 yards pc and has averaged like 600 yards recieving yearly. Hes like Reggie Bush cept he can actually run.

Steven Jackson put up 2300 yards of offense last season along with 16 tds.

Lynch has a ways to go before he cracks the top 10.

Comment

• BidsJr
                        • Sep 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
                        Isn't it a little early to tell? Of all the guys on Devin's list, the only one who has played as few games as Lynch is Peterson.

Right now, I wouldn't call him a top 10 back in this league, but he certainly could be. In a year or two, Edge and Portis will likely be off that list so it depends who comes in the league as well.

BTW, anyone who thinks Steven Jackson is better than Lynch obviously doesn't have Jackson on their fantasy team.

Now just apply this logic to Trent Edwards.

"Well I drink too much and get punched in the head by fighters for fun, so my memory isn't so great." -OpIv37

Comment

• camelcowboy
                          • Mar 2005

Im not insulting you in anyway my friend, but please. I have to believe a lot of this talk (not just from you) is simply good 'ol Buffalo bias.

James and Portis are 1200 yard backs in bad years.

Ill give you Westbrook is injury prone but the guy averages 4.7 yards pc and has averaged like 600 yards recieving yearly. Hes like Reggie Bush cept he can actually run.

Steven Jackson put up 2300 yards of offense last season along with 16 tds.

Lynch has a ways to go before he cracks the top 10.
                          I agree with everything but James he's a shell of what he was

Comment

• DraftBoy
                            Administrator
                            • Jul 2002

Larry Johnson
                            Ladanian Tomlinson
                            Adrian Peterson
                            Willie Parker
                            Brian Westbrook
                            Clinton Portis
                            Joseph Addai
                            Frank Gore
                            Edgerrin James
                            Steven Jackson

Three Words: That Was Easy!

Also cases can be made for Ronnie Brown, Travis Henry, Willis McGahee (yea yea yea I know) and Marion Barber. Right now Id have Lynch at 15 no affect in the passing game, a liability as a blocker, and lack of patience hurt him but in 2-3 years he could easily be a top 5 back.
                            COMING SOON...
                            Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                            We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• DraftBoy
                              Administrator
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by camelcowboy
                              I agree with everything but James he's a shell of what he was
                              922 yards, 6 TD this year with an inconsistent OL at best, he's having a good year and will be a 12-1300 yard rusher.
                              COMING SOON...
                              Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                              We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X