• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

Ngata = F'n BEASTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

Anyone watch that game last night? Or Watch a lot of Raven's games this year (I have because I love rooting for McGahee to get hurt)

Anyway; Haloti Ngata is a god damn freak. Holy ****. It's year two in this league and other than MAYBE Haynesworth I'm not sure if there is a better DT in this league. BTW, he also plays DE sometimes when they go 3-4.

No disrespect to Donte Whitner, he's a pretty nice safety. But holy crap, can you imagine how sick our defensive line could be had we taken him 8th last year instead of Donte? And it's not like he's an "out of the blue" freak like Colston was for N.O. last year. Many mock drafts had us taking Ngata.

Again, flame away if you want, I'm not dissing Whitner at all. I"m speaking the truth. Schobel wouldn't see a double team all year with that monster next to him.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE
  • DraftBoy
    Administrator
    • Jul 2002

Re: Ngata = F'n BEASTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

3-4 DT who for the last ***** time does not fit our scheme and would not have the same effect here, plus since we lack a Ray Lewis, Bart Scott, Ed Reed, Samari Rolle, and overall amazing D I doubt we'd see the same results.
    COMING SOON...
    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• patmoran2006
      Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
      • Dec 2005

A DT who blows up the line of scrimage and can get to the QB fits in ANY SCHEME... Ngata is big, but he aint slow.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• OpIv37
        Acid Douching Asswipe
        • Sep 2002

We should have drafted him instead of Whitner- Whitner is average at best.
        MiKiDo Facebook
        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Devin
          The Octagon
          • Apr 2003

NGATA!!!!

I love that kid, all I got was grief during that draft.
          http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Devin
            NGATA!!!!

Marv is infallible, remember?
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
              Defies all logic
              • Oct 2006

Ngata would probably still have more production than Schobel and Kelsay combined regardless of whether or not he fits the scheme and also, for a big guy let me tell ya, he can run.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                Administrator
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by patmoran2006
                A DT who blows up the line of scrimage and can get to the QB fits in ANY SCHEME... Ngata is big, but he aint slow.
                Im not saying he wouldnt do well, just saying the results would be different and he never has been a penetrater now he is more or less just bowling mf'ers over. But alot of that is he being surrounded by talent.
                COMING SOON...

Comment

• DraftBoy
                  Administrator
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Devin
                  NGATA!!!!

my bad
                  COMING SOON...

Comment

• Devin
                    The Octagon
                    • Apr 2003

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                    Im not saying he wouldnt do well, just saying the results would be different and he never has been a penetrater now he is more or less just bowling mf'ers over. But alot of that is he being surrounded by talent.
                    This is true while I feel hed be effective here he doesnt have near the talent here he does in Baltimore.
                    http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• OpIv37
                      Acid Douching Asswipe
                      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                      I've never understood the logic about penetrating DT's. Here's the problem: our system requires DT's who can penetrate and rush the passer, but our DT's don't do it. So since we're not getting to the passer anyway, it seems to me that we'd be better off with big DT's who can at least eat up blockers and be disruptive.
                      MiKiDo Facebook
                      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Slim
                        • Apr 2004

My brother played agianst him in rugby for a few years. And i played agianst little brother.

Comment

• TigerJ
                          • Jul 2002

I thought Ngata would be a great DT in the league. There was a time when I hoped Buffalo would draft him. Even though he's bigger than a typical Tampa 2 DT, he's quick enough and athletic enough, not to mention strong enough to succeed in any defensive scheme. That said, I'm not worrying about ancient history. Drafting had never been an exact science, and overall, I think Levy has done pretty well. He hit the trifecta this year with Lynch, Edwards and Poz, or would have at least had Poz not gotten hurt. I think in a couple years we may look back and grade the 2007 draft as one of the best ever for the Bills.
                          Last edited by TigerJ; 12-04-2007, 10:05 PM.
                          I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                            • Mar 2005

Originally posted by patmoran2006
                            Anyone watch that game last night? Or Watch a lot of Raven's games this year (I have because I love rooting for McGahee to get hurt)

Anyway; Haloti Ngata is a god damn freak. Holy ****. It's year two in this league and other than MAYBE Haynesworth I'm not sure if there is a better DT in this league. BTW, he also plays DE sometimes when they go 3-4.

No disrespect to Donte Whitner, he's a pretty nice safety. But holy crap, can you imagine how sick our defensive line could be had we taken him 8th last year instead of Donte? And it's not like he's an "out of the blue" freak like Colston was for N.O. last year. Many mock drafts had us taking Ngata.

Again, flame away if you want, I'm not dissing Whitner at all. I"m speaking the truth. Schobel wouldn't see a double team all year with that monster next to him.

Hindsight is 20/20 and some people had Ngata as a stretch.

However, I was a litttle bummed last night that he wasn't a Bill.

Comment

• Oaf
                              Do you read what you write?
                              • Jun 2007

Whitner is a bum compared to this guy, but

Who would we have put at SS then? Milloy? Wire? Scott? Peters?

Comment

Working...
                              X