X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kicker22705
    • Jul 2002

This year's Offense will outperform last year's

Our offense gonna gonna strike fear in every defenses eyes. I can't think of many defenses that will be able to match up to us toe to toe physically and endure continous pounding of Travis and his blockers.

Jennings, Brown, Teague, Sullivan, Willaims (1600+ lbs of power)

with the additions of either

Moore & Cambell
    Moore & Gash

Hell even our WRs are one of the most phyical

We're gonna have 7 blockers in the box blocking for Henry. Henry drags mutliple tackers when they are fresh, imagine the tackles he'll be breaking when the defense is tired from continus pounding.

With that in mind the defense will have to drop one of their safties into the box to account for all the O blockers. Which means NO MORE COVER 2.

Bledsoe will have something he hasn't had since he had Curtis Martin, PLAY ACTION. Oh this is gonna be a special year.

I'm so psyched!
  • The Spaz
    • Mar 2003

Mark this down Josh Reed will have a better year than Peerless Price!!!!!!!! Go Bills!

Comment

• G. Host
      Banned
      • Jul 2002

Plus Marcus Price & Crosby

We may become the 1990 Giants.

I hope both Crosby and Gash will be on field early in Fish game and make a Zach Thomas flatbread sandwich!

Comment

• colin
        Drew's my hero!
        • Jul 2002

the 1990 Giants?!?!?!?

we have WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYy
        more talent

Comment

• PA Season Ticket Holder
          You mess up my night, and I'll mess up your day
          • Jul 2002

I'll bet you any amount of zonebucks Josh Reed won't match PP's stats of last year.

BUFFALO BILLS AND MLB POOLS

http://www.billszone.com/YourSite/global/nfl/pool.php?action=home

Comment

• Tatonka
            • Jul 2002

yeah.. i dont see it possible that reed can pull off either 90 catches or 1250 yards...

i would say that i am hoping for 70 catches for 1000 yards..

but i want henry to bust out with a 2k yard season..

and less than 5 fumbles all year.
            "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
              Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Personally I hope BOTH Moulds and Reed will have less yards and TDs than Moulds and Price had last season. This means that we won't be throwing the ball all the time, and let Henry pad up his stats.

BALL CONTROL, PEOPLE. Ball control offense and 3 and out defense is how you win games.

Comment

• Ingtar33
                Dances With Buffaloes
                • Sep 2002

Anyone who's seen Bledsoe run the play action offense has got to be drooling at the idea of unleashing Henry this year.
                My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• Kicker22705
                  • Jul 2002

Bledsoe's play action fakes probably come only behind Manning and Farve. I remember his play action fakes when he had Martin as his running back early w/ the Pats, he just hasn't had a credible threat RB till now to effectively utilize his play action fake.

Comment

• JefftheBillsfan
                    • Jul 2002

I cant wait to see Henry forcing the safeties to creep up, then we hit Moulds for 45 yards.
                    Its all about the quest.

Comment

• The Spaz
                      • Mar 2003

Your right that reed probably won't match Prices #'s last year simply because of the way were going to be running the offesnse. Price won't have the benefit of a Moulds lined up across from him and Fiineran is no moulds! Go Bills!

PS: Josh Reed is going to kick arse!

Comment

• Buffalo Billy Bison
                        • Mar 2003

Where's the BEEF?

I guess my only concern is, if as you say, 1600 lbs of beef on the Bills offensive line, and say, 1500 lbs. of beef on the defensive line. Sounds to me like one hell of a trafic jam! Does this mean the best rout will be around end?

:chief: bandwagon
                        11-5 in 2020 and deep into the Playoffs!

Comment

• Wys Guy
                          Drew and Sam stole all my hair
                          • Jul 2002

I agree kicker!!!

I disagree that Reed will have better numbers than Price, simply b/c if we put up the ball that much we'll be foolish. I'm thinkin' instead of ~ 650 dropbacks, maybe 450-500. That's 90-120 fewe completions. They won't, however, be necessary.

If we run Henry the way we should, then all will be well. I see us in the dynamic of the Jags in terms of the Brunnell, Smith, Taylor/RB combo. I see Moulds outperforming last year's numbers and Reed posting 900 or 1,000 yards. If there's a spot where Reed can outperform Price it'll be in TDs, even on fewer receptions and yards.

While we lit things up last year from a yardage, attempts, completions standpoint, our passing O was not efficient. We were near the bottom of the stack in terms of TDs/yards-thrown-for and certainly near all respectable teams/offenses for the most part.

I see a renewed focus on our running game helping Drew be more efficient and posting on or about the same number of TDs on significantly fewer yards and attempts. A running game such as that which we should have will open things up and Moulds will be deep, Reed will be medium to short, and Moore and others will keep the D honest up close.

We have a diversity that may be unmatched by previous Bills teams. I truly believe that Henry is a better pure rusher than Thurman. I also think that Moulds is better than Reed ever was and that we have the best WRing tandem in Moulds/Reed that we've ever had.

You know my thoughts on Drew, and he'll either shine or prove my position. There won't be any excuses for him to hide behind this season with strengths everywhere. We may very well have the best OL/WR/RB trio of any team in the league.

Our D, even if it is only amongst the top 10 will be more than adequate and IMO it'll be close to the top D in the AFC. Last year the top 3 Ds in the league were in the NFC: TB, Philly, NYG; and 4 of the top 5 (Carolina) were in the NFC. The top AFC Ds were Miami, Oakland, Indy, Jax. 18.8 ppg, 19.0, 19.6, 19.7. We should be able to beat that to be the top D in the AFC at least.

I expect us to be the most balanced team in the league all the way around bar none.
                          Replace Donahoe with Modrak and fire the entire coaching staff!

Then let's go to Disneyworld!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• Wys Guy
                            Drew and Sam stole all my hair
                            • Jul 2002

Having said that, I also think Price will struggle to put up anymore than he did last year this year in Atlanta. He may not even hit those numbers. I certainly don't see him catching 94 balls again.

I see him being useless as a consistent WR w/ his reputation as a "big play" WR preceding him. He'll have a handful of huge games on big plays and then get shut down v. teams like TB (twice), Philly (once), and Carolina even perhaps. He'll struggle against teams w/ decent secondaries. I'll say that 50% of his numbers will come in 5 or 6 games against teams w/ the weaker secondaries.
                            Replace Donahoe with Modrak and fire the entire coaching staff!

Then let's go to Disneyworld!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• The_Philster
                              • Jul 2002

The big key on that, Wys, is how good the WR on the other side of the line is. It's a safe bet that whoever he is won't be as good as Moulds but if he is a good performer, it should only help Peerless.
                              The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

Working...
                              X