PDA

View Full Version : This year's Offense will outperform last year's

Kicker22705
03-31-2003, 09:31 PM
Our offense gonna gonna strike fear in every defenses eyes. I can't think of many defenses that will be able to match up to us toe to toe physically and endure continous pounding of Travis and his blockers.

Jennings, Brown, Teague, Sullivan, Willaims (1600+ lbs of power)

with the additions of either

Moore & Cambell
Moore & Gash

Hell even our WRs are one of the most phyical

We're gonna have 7 blockers in the box blocking for Henry. Henry drags mutliple tackers when they are fresh, imagine the tackles he'll be breaking when the defense is tired from continus pounding.

With that in mind the defense will have to drop one of their safties into the box to account for all the O blockers. Which means NO MORE COVER 2.

Bledsoe will have something he hasn't had since he had Curtis Martin, PLAY ACTION. Oh this is gonna be a special year.

I'm so psyched!

The Spaz
03-31-2003, 10:17 PM
Mark this down Josh Reed will have a better year than Peerless Price!!!!!!!! Go Bills!

G. Host
03-31-2003, 10:21 PM
We may become the 1990 Giants.

I hope both Crosby and Gash will be on field early in Fish game and make a Zach Thomas flatbread sandwich!

colin
03-31-2003, 10:21 PM
the 1990 Giants?!?!?!?

we have WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYy
more talent

PA Season Ticket Holder
03-31-2003, 10:26 PM
I'll bet you any amount of zonebucks Josh Reed won't match PP's stats of last year.

Tatonka
03-31-2003, 10:29 PM
yeah.. i dont see it possible that reed can pull off either 90 catches or 1250 yards...

i would say that i am hoping for 70 catches for 1000 yards..

but i want henry to bust out with a 2k yard season..

and less than 5 fumbles all year.

Mr. Miyagi
03-31-2003, 11:01 PM
Personally I hope BOTH Moulds and Reed will have less yards and TDs than Moulds and Price had last season. This means that we won't be throwing the ball all the time, and let Henry pad up his stats.

BALL CONTROL, PEOPLE. Ball control offense and 3 and out defense is how you win games.

Ingtar33
03-31-2003, 11:36 PM
Anyone who's seen Bledsoe run the play action offense has got to be drooling at the idea of unleashing Henry this year.

Kicker22705
04-01-2003, 12:00 AM
Bledsoe's play action fakes probably come only behind Manning and Farve. I remember his play action fakes when he had Martin as his running back early w/ the Pats, he just hasn't had a credible threat RB till now to effectively utilize his play action fake.

JefftheBillsfan
04-01-2003, 02:06 PM
I cant wait to see Henry forcing the safeties to creep up, then we hit Moulds for 45 yards.

The Spaz
04-01-2003, 02:18 PM
Your right that reed probably won't match Prices #'s last year simply because of the way were going to be running the offesnse. Price won't have the benefit of a Moulds lined up across from him and Fiineran is no moulds! Go Bills!

PS: Josh Reed is going to kick arse!

Buffalo Billy Bison
04-01-2003, 07:27 PM
:squish:

I guess my only concern is, if as you say, 1600 lbs of beef on the Bills offensive line, and say, 1500 lbs. of beef on the defensive line. Sounds to me like one hell of a trafic jam! Does this mean the best rout will be around end?

:bandwagon :chief: bandwagon

WG
04-01-2003, 07:54 PM
I agree kicker!!!

I disagree that Reed will have better numbers than Price, simply b/c if we put up the ball that much we'll be foolish. I'm thinkin' instead of ~ 650 dropbacks, maybe 450-500. That's 90-120 fewe completions. They won't, however, be necessary.

If we run Henry the way we should, then all will be well. I see us in the dynamic of the Jags in terms of the Brunnell, Smith, Taylor/RB combo. I see Moulds outperforming last year's numbers and Reed posting 900 or 1,000 yards. If there's a spot where Reed can outperform Price it'll be in TDs, even on fewer receptions and yards.

While we lit things up last year from a yardage, attempts, completions standpoint, our passing O was not efficient. We were near the bottom of the stack in terms of TDs/yards-thrown-for and certainly near all respectable teams/offenses for the most part.

I see a renewed focus on our running game helping Drew be more efficient and posting on or about the same number of TDs on significantly fewer yards and attempts. A running game such as that which we should have will open things up and Moulds will be deep, Reed will be medium to short, and Moore and others will keep the D honest up close.

We have a diversity that may be unmatched by previous Bills teams. I truly believe that Henry is a better pure rusher than Thurman. I also think that Moulds is better than Reed ever was and that we have the best WRing tandem in Moulds/Reed that we've ever had.

You know my thoughts on Drew, and he'll either shine or prove my position. There won't be any excuses for him to hide behind this season with strengths everywhere. We may very well have the best OL/WR/RB trio of any team in the league.

Our D, even if it is only amongst the top 10 will be more than adequate and IMO it'll be close to the top D in the AFC. Last year the top 3 Ds in the league were in the NFC: TB, Philly, NYG; and 4 of the top 5 (Carolina) were in the NFC. The top AFC Ds were Miami, Oakland, Indy, Jax. 18.8 ppg, 19.0, 19.6, 19.7. We should be able to beat that to be the top D in the AFC at least.

I expect us to be the most balanced team in the league all the way around bar none.

WG
04-01-2003, 07:57 PM
Having said that, I also think Price will struggle to put up anymore than he did last year this year in Atlanta. He may not even hit those numbers. I certainly don't see him catching 94 balls again.

I see him being useless as a consistent WR w/ his reputation as a "big play" WR preceding him. He'll have a handful of huge games on big plays and then get shut down v. teams like TB (twice), Philly (once), and Carolina even perhaps. He'll struggle against teams w/ decent secondaries. I'll say that 50% of his numbers will come in 5 or 6 games against teams w/ the weaker secondaries.

The_Philster
04-01-2003, 08:00 PM
The big key on that, Wys, is how good the WR on the other side of the line is. It's a safe bet that whoever he is won't be as good as Moulds but if he is a good performer, it should only help Peerless.

WG
04-01-2003, 08:05 PM
It's Finneran! OOH Boy...! :rolleyes:

'nuff said...

The_Philster
04-01-2003, 08:08 PM
You're right....'nuff said
I'm looking at 60 catches for Peerless this year

Cntrygal
04-01-2003, 08:11 PM
Price will also struggle if he continues to allow the defense to get to him. (ala penalties!!!!!!)

WG
04-01-2003, 08:38 PM
Yeah, when he gets double teamed there'll be a LOT of those too.

Philster, I'm thinkin' more than 60 catches out of sheer "lack of options." I'll say 80. That's 5/game. He'll have several games of 8-10 catches for 100-150 yards. IMO it'll be a year of contrasts for Price.

He'll post 8-10 games of < 75-80 yards, and sometimes in the 20s and 30s just like he did in '01. I suspect he'll put up 4 great games and 2-4 games in the 80-100 yd. range. I'll say 1,000-1,200 yards, 8 TDs, on 80 catches.

But the problem will be that he'll only contribute in half the games. For a guy whom they traded away a #1 for, and for a #1 WR, those wouldn't be outstanding numbers.

In order for Atlanta to be able to say this was a good deal, Price will have to put up decent numbers in 12 or 13 games, have double-digit TDs, and have at least 1,200-1,400 yards.

Single digit TDs, 1,100 or fewer yards, and less than 10 games where he actually shows up won't justify what they gave up for him.

Kicker22705
04-02-2003, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by Buffalo Billy Bison
:squish:

I guess my only concern is, if as you say, 1600 lbs of beef on the Bills offensive line, and say, 1500 lbs. of beef on the defensive line. Sounds to me like one hell of a trafic jam! Does this mean the best rout will be around end?

:bandwagon :chief: bandwagon

IMO i think up the gut is the best option not around the end for several reasons.

1. I don't know any Defensive line that weighs 1500 lbs. That would mean 4 Gilbert Browns on the line and then some. Most D-lines weighs around +/- 1200 lbs. Add in their linebackers and its around 1900 lbs total for the front 7. If there is a log jam, its shouldn't happen until we're 2-4 yards upfield.

2. Our O-line is massive, larger and heavier than the average o-line. It wouldn't be wise having these guys running latterally where their weight plays a disadvantage. We want them pushing the D-line backwards, not to the side.

3. Our divison rivals have very fast and quick, BUT undersized D-lines and linebackers. If we go side to side, their speed will beat us, if we go up north and south right at them their undersized players, we will be pushing them backwards as they play on their heals.

I think we will look like last year's Miami Offense, except with a superior talent.

WG
04-02-2003, 07:53 AM
We're counting our depth...

:D

Kicker22705
04-02-2003, 09:41 AM
Why is it that they keep takin our backup O-line, and performing pretty well over there when healthy?

BillsNYC
04-02-2003, 10:18 AM
i'd like to see henry repeat his 1400 year but have another back have a 500 yard year (orlando gary?)