PDA

View Full Version : Wow

Oaf
12-05-2007, 02:58 AM
Just found this on ESPN. Apparently they had the Madden 08 engine run a full simulation of the Redskins game. This is what they came up with.
http://sports.espn.go.com/videogames/simulation/nfl?id=3132521

Bills topple Redskins with fourth-quarter comeback

<!-- end story header --> <!-- begin left column --> <!-- begin page tools -->

<!-- end page tools --> <!-- begin story body --> <!-- template inline -->
The Washington Redskins were only 3:26 away from victory, but Buffalo's rookie quarterback Trent Edwards proved that it was more than enough time to engineer a game-winning drive, leading the Bills to a 25-20 win over the Redskins at FedEx Field.
Edwards, perhaps emulating the late-game heroics of fellow Stanford alum John Elway,

Edwards stats are spot on as you can see below. They did mix up Portis' and Jackson's stats, Royal was still useless. :snicker2: Evans had quite the game all by himself too. Too bad he can't do that in real life.

LtFinFan66
12-05-2007, 03:00 AM
That was posted here somewhere before the game:up:

Oaf
12-05-2007, 03:02 AM
I'm sowwie. :sadwalk:

jamze132
12-05-2007, 06:08 AM
Just found this on ESPN. Apparently they had the Madden 08 engine run a full simulation of the Redskins game. This is what they came up with.
http://sports.espn.go.com/videogames/simulation/nfl?id=3132521

Bills topple Redskins with fourth-quarter comeback

<!-- end story header --> <!-- begin left column --> <!-- begin page tools -->

<!-- end page tools --> <!-- begin story body --> <!-- template inline -->
The Washington Redskins were only 3:26 away from victory, but Buffalo's rookie quarterback Trent Edwards proved that it was more than enough time to engineer a game-winning drive, leading the Bills to a 25-20 win over the Redskins at FedEx Field.
Edwards, perhaps emulating the late-game heroics of fellow Stanford alum John Elway,

Edwards stats are spot on as you can see below. They did mix up Portis' and Jackson's stats, Royal was still useless. :snicker2: Evans had quite the game all by himself too. Too bad he can't do that in real life.
Go back and read the sim for the Cowboys/Bills game. Talk about freaky...

hydro
12-05-2007, 07:48 AM
Never seen anything about this before, pretty cool. :up:

BlackMetalNinja
12-05-2007, 08:16 AM
Yeah, Rockstar posted that last week I believe...

Throne Logic
12-05-2007, 08:49 AM
I did this for the Pat's first Superbowl. I ran it twice with the same results. We were a bit freaked out when the game ended with the exact same score. I was with a Pats fan through it all, too.

Very weird, indeed.

JD
12-05-2007, 08:56 AM
Well damn. I'm going to buy an XBOX 360 and call up my bookie asap!

dannyek71
12-05-2007, 09:13 AM
it had portis getting 150yrds. He got 50.

Mitchy moo
12-05-2007, 09:17 AM
it had portis getting 150yrds. He got 50.

They we're using the old Bills D for figuring.