• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Shiny Chicken
    Shinier than your mom
    • Jul 2002

Weird playoff scenarios...

Alright, so say we win it out... a highly questionable scenario as is, but say we do.... we're not automatically in. If Cleveland loses only to us, we'd have the same record, but would of course beat them on the head to head tiebreaker, but we'd still have to worry about Tennessee... It is mathematically possible for us to pass the Jaguars at this point... but since we lost to them, they'd have to lose three games... against Carolina, Pittsburgh, Oakland, and Houston, the only real challenge there is Pittsburgh...

So Tennessee... in order for us to have a shot, they have to lose at least one game... their remaining schedule.is San Diego, Kansas City, the Jests and Indianapolis. They should beat KC and the Jests without too much of a problem. San Diego is a very possible loss, though, and we really need San Diego to take them down... The problem with the Colts game, is while normally I'd expect the Colts to take them, it's very possible the Colts will have the 2nd seed locked up by then... making that last game of the season a throwaway game for them... es[pecially if the Patsies beat the Steelers this weekend...

So lets say we win out and the Titans go 3-1, losing to San diego... what happens then? We'd both be 10-6, so you go to the tiebreakers.... no head to head, so you go to conference record. In this scenario we have identical conference records too... both 7-5... so you then have to go to strength of Victory... which really hurts us, especially if Indy thrpws the game in week 17. Tennessee's strength of Victory isn't great either, but not having done the math, I assume ours is worse. So we really have to hope that game means something to Indy...

So this week, do your job and root hardcore for Pittsburgh, San Diego, and of course Buffalo.

• Shiny Chicken
    Shinier than your mom
    • Jul 2002

Re: Weird playoff scenarios...

I did the math for strength of victory.... total wins for opponents we've beaten so far... 19... total for Jax... 35

Comment

• jamze132
      Don’t hate…
      • Jun 2003

Let's win 4 more games and let everything else take care of itself.

Comment

• mybills
        81 st zoner
        • Jul 2002

Even if we make it to the PO's, we'll get knocked out of it anyway. We're just not a good enough team right now. I can't allow myself to hope just to be shown the door.
        I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• Jeff1220
          H to the 12:20
          • Jul 2002

Once the playoffs come, it's anyone's ball game, 0-0 record. However, depending on the matchup, I couldn't see the BIlls advancing past rnd1 (if they get there at all). I would consider it a huge success and a monstrous steppingstone, though, if this team did make the playoffs.

Comment

• mybills
            81 st zoner
            • Jul 2002

It would definitely be huge. Just unlikely. I feel I have to say that now so that certain Bills fans don't get their hopes up too high, then spill anger on the boards later on.
            I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• PcA125
              • May 2006

I think making the playoffs would be HUGE for this team and organization even if they do get knocked off in the first round. The team would appear to be more of a win now type team and perhaps attract better FA in the offseason.
              Cheers!

Comment

• G. Host
                Banned
                • Jul 2002

Just getting to playoffs will help players want to come to Buffalo and current players to hunger for more.

- Good karma

Comment

• realdealryan
                  realdealrex
                  • Nov 2005

I agree, definitely would be a great boost to morale/prestige/whatever even if we get knocked out in round 1. Look at what people thought the Jets would do this year....

But sneaking in at the 6 would pit us against the Steelers, right? Or maybe they beat the Pats and then run the table......aaaaaaa let's just hope we put it on the Dolphins and the Titans lose, then we'll revisit this.

Comment

• paladin warrior
                    All-Pro Zoner
                    • Oct 2004

ok humm if Bills win in the playoff.. Bills will be in 6 seed.. That mean 6 seed play vs 2 nd seed.. It that corret?

Comment

• Jersey1031
                      • Feb 2003

no, 3rd seed.

1 bye

2 bye

3 v 6
                      4 v 5
                      "I'm cold, yeah I get my BUFFALO BILL on!" Lil' Wayne

Comment

Working...