PDA

View Full Version : What pieces of the puzzle are left to put in place?

Buffalo Billy Bison
03-31-2003, 10:30 PM
:confused:

Now that we have a blocking back for TH in Mr. Gash, a DT to go along with P. Williams, TKO & J. Posey to fill out the MLB corp, Billy Shaw to run back punts and WR, Izell Reese to roam the back field with the youngsters, a kicker with a stronger boot on kickoffs, what pieces of the puzzle are left to fill? DE?, WR?Looking for answers please!

Tatonka
03-31-2003, 10:44 PM
well.. it really depends on what you think we got..

some think we got enough DEs... and who would we cut if we drafted another?

some think that shaw is gonna be a great 3rd wr (i am one of them) but i also think we could use a rookie 4th wr that could compete for the 3rd spot and then we have charles johnson as the 4th/5th..

we do need a back up RB.. without question.. i think morris will be fine, but i would like a rookie at least to compete with Burns.. possibly Gary there..

TE could really use a pass catcher.. dallas clarke is my fav there, but dont forget, remiersma was a 7th rounder, and McMichael for miami last year was a 4th or 5th rounder i believe.

we really need a back up G/C too.

PA Season Ticket Holder
03-31-2003, 10:49 PM
We still need an impact DE. Schobel is good but not great. He will give you a consistent 8-12 sacks a year in the right situation, but we need somebody who can dominate a game with his pass rushing abilities. We don't have it on the roster right now.

Marucs Jones is a question mark. If he makes the team and gives us 5 sacks in a part-time roll I'll be satisfied with that. That's about all we can really expect at this point till proven otherwise.

Denny will probably only be average at best. This is about the only draft pick TD really bombed on.

Keith McKenzie will be a backup and might give us 4 sacks if he makes the team.

If our backups could give us 3-6 sacks a year that wouldn't be too bad. If we could get somebody with some major skills our defense would be a Top 3 defense on paper. Without that though, I think we're a Top 10.

kgun12
03-31-2003, 10:51 PM
Cohesiviness, a lot of new faces!

northernbillfan
03-31-2003, 11:39 PM
Welll said K-gun.

With all these new faces this year, we have to be like glue. The team is heading for great success, and more we gel as a unit, the more of an impact we will be.

RedEyE
03-31-2003, 11:50 PM
My current request list (these are not draft rounds):

1. CB/FS (either/or some depth in the secondary)
2. DL
3. OL
4. WR
5. QB

kgun12
04-01-2003, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by RedEyE
My current request list (these are not draft rounds):

1. CB/FS (either/or some depth in the secondary)
2. DL
3. OL
4. WR
5. QB

I think we need to look at QB a little more than we are! AVP will get us through a couple of games, but not a long injury to Drew. We don't know a lot about Brown ( I do like what little I have seen of him) but very unproven. The problem is what kind of FA QB is out there and who would we get rid of the old=AVP or the dare I say it :brace: the potential=Brown

RedEyE
04-01-2003, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by kgun12

I think we need to look at QB a little more than we are! AVP will get us through a couple of games, but not a long injury to Drew. We don't know a lot about Brown ( I do like what little I have seen of him) but very unproven. The problem is what kind of FA QB is out there and who would we get rid of the old=AVP or the dare I say it :brace: the potential=Brown

I don't care for Brown either and let's not forget AVP was going to retire 2 years ago. Brown would suffice as a third string QB, but AVP needs to go after this season. I like Doug Johnson in Atlanta. I think that he is a solid back up that would fit nicely into the Bills scheme.

kgun12
04-01-2003, 12:25 AM
I thought Doug resigned with them right around the same time the PP trade went down, could be wrong.

BuffaloRanger
04-01-2003, 12:52 AM
KGB and ORLANDO PACE!!

Just a dream...

RedEyE
04-01-2003, 12:59 AM
Before the Price trade, they made him a qualifying offer securing him as a RFA. The Falcons are attempting to either draw a 1st round draft pick or retain him for another season. The offer was for just one year. With all of the high dollar signing, Atlanta may not have the money to sign him to their original offer. Johnson may bea cap casualty before the deadline. Just one QB to think about.

ublinkwescore
04-01-2003, 07:39 AM
I say you can never have enough line depth.

A good line on both sides of the ball can help everything behind that line.

It all starts with the lines (unless you're Bill Parcells who likes to start with Sp. teams, and then Linebackers).