• Show
Clear All
  • The Answer
    The Plagiarist
    • Mar 2007

Evans says he has no beef with Edwards

Evans Says There's No Rift With Edwards
    Paul Hamilton - Wednesday, December 5, 2007 - 5:00 PM
    Orchard Park, NY (WGR 550)-It’s well documented that Bills WR Lee Evans wanted J.P. Losman to remain the club’s starting quarterback. That had led some fans to think that Evans doesn’t like Trent Edwards or can’t play with him. I asked Evans just that Wednesday and he responded with, “I think that’s crazy.............................

~The Answer
  • mayotm
    • Jul 2003

Re: Evans says he has no beef with Edwards

Good to read. Although, as Evans stated, there never was an issue. Some people simply took his support of JP as a knock on Edwards.

Comment

• ghz in pittsburgh
      • Aug 2004

Re: Evans says he has no beef with Edwards

That's my sentiment as well: Trent really does not know the offense that well yet. Losman has been in the offense for two years now, in the league for 4. So it's not a surprise that a player like Lee, particularly coming to the time where a big pay day is pending on his stats, would prefer Losman despite all his shortcomings.

On the other side of the coin, you wonder that despite his limited knowledge of NFL and experience, he's playing at a level on par/arguably better than Losman, what is his upside? Those who prefer Losman, waiting for Losman to finally "get it", have to ask themselves what about waiting for Edwards to get it. After all, isn't Edwards younger, and more importantly, having a bigger upside by projecting their career path so far?

I think a lot of people can't get over Losman's big arm. It's so true even for many GMs, coaches, and scouts. Personally I can't get over Edwards mental capabilities as a QB.

Comment

Working...
      X