• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ublinkwescore
    Sab and TD are insignificant
    • Sep 2002

The simple truth about Jauron.

He's a hell of a coach through out the week, an excellent finder of talent, and a great teacher, his players like and respect him (yes, there is a difference, and you can have one with out the other), however, he's a major liability on sundays.

I hope to god, that he's writing a letter to the NFL if it's true what G. Host said about the Chris Cooley catch/fumble on sunday.

Right now, I'd say that the only way we keep him past this season as a head coach, is if he gets us into the playoffs.

I'd like to keep him on this staff regardless of the end result of this season - simply for what he brings to the table outside of crucial calls in the game. If we can get someone who keeps a leash on over agressive OCs, doesn't listen to his kicker when he tells him the LOS is just out of his range for a field goal etc..., but allow him to otherwise prepare this team by breaking down film, setting up drills on how to deal with what he expects the other team to do/try, we could be formiddable with him. I just hope he's humble enough to accept his Niche isn't as a Head Coach, but an assistant.
    www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire
  • Oaf
    Do you read what you write?
    • Jun 2007

Re: The simple truth about Jauron.

You think he'd be down stepping to DC instead? That'd be sweet, but I seriously doubt he would.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
      • Mar 2005

???????????????????????

Do you really think his job is in jeopardy???

Comment

• Ed
        Dude
        • Sep 2002

ublink,

You were wrong about him blowing the challenge on the Cooley fumble. That situation was already explained in detail in a couple other threads earlier in the week.

I'm pretty sure he's 100% right now for the season on challenges, so enough with the "he's got no clue what he's doing on Sunday."

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
          Maybe?
          • Oct 2003

Dick sucks.

Comment

• djjimkelly
            • Apr 2003

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
            ???????????????????????

Do you really think his job is in jeopardy???

we can only wish. anyone truly breaking our games down should know hes not that good

Comment

• Jeff1220
              H to the 12:20
              • Jul 2002

There is no perfect coach. Even the high profile/high paid coaches make boneheaded coaching blunders now and then (except maybe Bilichek, but he sold his soul for that distinction).
              IMO, Dick Jauron has earned another year. I'm not saying he's my top choice as a coach for the Bills, but right now, there is no getting rid of a coach whose team has grossly overachieved amid a load of adversity. So he made a few mistakes this season - the positives at this point far outweigh the negatives. Show me 3 coaches (outside of BB) who didn't make some calls this season that possibly cost their team a game or two (or whose team won a couple with superior talent, despite the coaching mistakes in game). They all make mistakes.
              I doubt that Dick Jauron was the #1 coaching choice of anyone on this board, but right now he's doing a pretty good job with this team. Unless they completely come apart at the seams, starting this week, his job is safe.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                • May 2003

Jauron should hire an assistant whose chief responsibilty would be game management. Dick generally makes a mess of clock management, time outs, challenges and other critical in-game decisions.
                Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• The King
                  Without me it's just Awe so
                  • Jun 2004

I think we should extend the dude.
                  I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
                  "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
                  You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
                  It was all
                  true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
                  He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
                  mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• bigbub2352
                    • Feb 2005

I think that Ralph needs to open his check book for a change and hire someone for game management and OC, get someone in here with a real system and someone who is in charge of timeouts, and clock management, he already is on the staff in my opinion i would really like to see AVP get more invovled
                    XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• The Answer
                      The Plagiarist
                      • Mar 2007

Please stop hating on The Corpse - The Answer was one of his biggest critics and was totally against bringing him here, but he has done an outstanding job given the scrap heap he inherited from Mularkey/Donahoe. And given the injuries and other turmoil this season it's amazing we are a .500 football right now.

The Corpse has this team ready to play every week and has done so much with so little. Even if we miss the playoffs and lose the last 4 games he needs to be given one more season.

~The Answer

Comment

Working...
                      X