PDA

View Full Version : bills dolphins blacked out?

m76
12-05-2007, 08:23 PM
last I heard yesterday there were 1200 tickets left.. then i heard from a friend trying to buy them today that they allegedly got one of the last pair of seats together in the stadium.. if you do not have tickets and live in buffalo you better buy them or you are not a die hard fan.. this game needs to be on tv if it is not then that is embarrassing

G Wolly
12-05-2007, 08:31 PM
if you do not have tickets and live in buffalo you better buy them or you are not a die hard fan..

Where do I start with the stupidity of this sentence?

Not everyone in Buffalo can either afford to buy or can get time off from work to go to a game, that doesn't exclude them as die-hards.

Die-hards live and breath Bills football anywhere they go, not when they're holding a ticket in their hand.

circlethewagons
12-05-2007, 08:41 PM
if theres really only 1000 left, Id imagine Wilson will buy the ticks if they dont sell out

OpIv37
12-05-2007, 08:44 PM
if theres really only 1000 left, Id imagine Wilson will buy the ticks if they dont sell out

I was just about to say the same thing. When it's that close, someone- usually Wilson- buys the remaining tickets and donates them to charities or to the military.

Dr. Lecter
12-05-2007, 08:53 PM
Not to mention Channel 4 will buy that few as they will more than make the money up with TV ad revenue if they can show the Bills.

RockStar36
12-05-2007, 08:55 PM
I'm not worried. Now if they blow this game and/or the Cleveland game that last home game might be blacked out. This is a bad time of the year for any fan so calling people out and saying they aren't die hard fans is about the dumbest thing anyone can say.

G Wolly
12-05-2007, 08:57 PM
This is a bad time of the year for any fan so calling people out and saying they aren't die hard fans is about the dumbest thing anyone can say.

Especially with money problems for taxes and gas and everything else.

I'm not the richest guy in the world, but I was born into the Super Bowl era and watched the Bills literally when I was born (I was born in September 1990)

My dad knows some people with season tickets and I'm getting their tickets for Sunday and if no one gets em for the Giants, that one too.

camelcowboy
12-05-2007, 09:00 PM
last I heard yesterday there were 1200 tickets left.. then i heard from a friend trying to buy them today that they allegedly got one of the last pair of seats together in the stadium.. if you do not have tickets and live in buffalo you better buy them or you are not a die hard fan.. this game needs to be on tv if it is not then that is embarrassing1200 tickets for the 0-12 dolphins im shocked they sold the amount they did to be quite honest.

realdealryan
12-05-2007, 09:03 PM
1200 tickets for the 0-12 dolphins im shocked they sold the amount they did to be quite honest.

+1

G. Host
12-05-2007, 09:21 PM
1200 tickets for the 0-12 dolphins im shocked they sold the amount they did to be quite honest.

I am surpised the entiire undefeated team of Dolphins is not buying tickets for that game.

El Guapo
12-05-2007, 09:35 PM
I'll be flying up Saturday. However, as a season ticket holder, I won't be helping the blackout.

camelcowboy
12-05-2007, 09:45 PM
I am surpised the entiire undefeated team of Dolphins is not buying tickets for that game. Wouldn't they be going to the patriots games?

G. Host
12-05-2007, 10:08 PM
Wouldn't they be going to the patriots games?

Nope I expect them to be cheering for Dolphins every game preventing them from having an winless season to go with undefeated season.

TigerJ
12-05-2007, 11:09 PM
Not to mention Channel 4 will buy that few as they will more than make the money up with TV ad revenue if they can show the Bills.

Give that man a prize. Channel 4 stands to make more money by broadcasting the game than it would cost them to buy up a thousand tickets. Base on past behavior, I would guess their break even point is about 3000 tickets.

mikemac2001
12-06-2007, 02:03 AM
Im hammered ill buy the rest

hammerbillsfan
12-06-2007, 02:08 AM
nice :hi5:

Bill Brasky
12-06-2007, 07:47 AM
Im hammered ill buy the rest

haha do it up son

m76
12-07-2007, 12:29 AM
out of college i only took a job where i didn't have to work sunday.. if you can't afford $40 for a ticket to the bills game and you call yourself die hard you need to check your self and either get a new job or make a sacrafice.. i stand by my comment if you are within 40 miles of buffalo/orchard park and aren' at this game and call your self a die hard you are not a die hard fan... period

Dr. Lecter
12-07-2007, 06:21 AM
out of college i only took a job where i didn't have to work sunday.. if you can't afford $40 for a ticket to the bills game and you call yourself die hard you need to check your self and either get a new job or make a sacrafice.. i stand by my comment if you are within 40 miles of buffalo/orchard park and aren' at this game and call your self a die hard you are not a die hard fan... period

So I assmue you have kids and understand the family stuff too?

Confused
12-07-2007, 06:24 AM

Not everyone in Buffalo can either afford to buy or can get time off from work to go to a game, that doesn't exclude them as die-hards.

Die-hards live and breath Bills football anywhere they go, not when they're holding a ticket in their hand.

I'm a construction worker who is practically laid off due to weather, plus I have a 4 month old Bills fan at home. I wish i had the coin to go to this one.... guess im not a die hard.

G Wolly
12-07-2007, 07:45 AM
I'm a construction worker who is practically laid off due to weather, plus I have a 4 month old Bills fan at home. I wish i had the coin to go to this one.... guess im not a die hard.

You should obviously get a new job and just leave your kid at home so you can buy a ticket.

Unless your not a die-hard at all...

Wys Guy
12-07-2007, 07:50 AM

LMAO

I would even add that a "die hard fan" isn't pleased with the way the Bills are even playing this year. Here's yet one more game against one of the NFL's gallactically worst teams ever from a W-L perspective and seriously in contention for the league's first ever 0-16 season that we "hope we can win."

Frankly, I'm not sure that it's even worth taking time off, even from other leisure, unless one game that means more to us than to the Fins is even all that important.

Someone wake me when we can beat a good team that's playing for something.

Dr. Lecter
12-07-2007, 07:52 AM
You thought the Bills would win 4 or fewer games this year.

They have exceeded your expectations.

Is that worth anything?

HHURRICANE
12-07-2007, 08:40 AM
Jacksonville was a blackout with 10,000 less seats than Buffalo.

I think it's time for Buffalo to address the stadium and pricing issue once and for all.

There are very few teams that can sell out 73,000 seats every Sunday.

We need a stadium that holds 60,000 with pricing that is on par with the rest of the league.

We spend so much time addressing the 13,000 seats that quite frankly are unaffordable at any price so these balckout issues get really frustrating.

THATHURMANATOR
12-07-2007, 08:42 AM
Jacksonville was a blackout with 10,000 less seats than Buffalo.

I think it's time for Buffalo to address the stadium and pricing issue once and for all.

There are very few teams that can sell out 73,000 seats every Sunday.

We need a stadium that holds 60,000 with pricing that is on par with the rest of the league.

We spend so much time addressing the 13,000 seats that quite frankly are unaffordable at any price so these balckout issues get really frustrating.
We will sell out by 1pm.

So wait you want to cut out 10 thousand seats but then double the ticket price.... I don't get how this addresses the issue. If anything we would have a bigger problem selling out.

Wys Guy
12-07-2007, 09:03 AM
You thought the Bills would win 4 or fewer games this year.

They have exceeded your expectations.

Is that worth anything?

Sure, if your entire world boils down to W's and L's.

Since I look first at how good a team is and how capable it is of beating above average, and particularly playoff caliber teams, I cannot disagree with your suggestion any more.

How proud can you, we, I, actually be that we're 6-6 having beaten teams a collective 19-53 prior to this weekend's games?

I mean really, regardless of our wagers or the Bills' W-L record, does this excite you? Seriously. I've haven't been this disinterested in Bills football since before I became a fan of the team.

And the last victory playing a Skins team that was clearly down for highly irregular circumstances and perhaps largely on a world-class coaching blunder, you consider that a big win? Because that's the best team that we've beaten.

Many teams in the past, Jauron's 2001 13-3 Bears, last season's 10-6 Jets, were similar. They all "won games" based on extremely favorable circumstances and a soft schedule, as it turned out, yet never "made good" on those seasons before being relegated promptly to the scrap heap the next season again.

I won't belabor this in argument here with you, but hang your hat on what you'll hang it. To date we've overachieved against the league's worst, barely beating them in five of six wins with those games all going right down to the wire for the most part, while promptly getting utterly dusted in the fundamentals vs. every above average team that we've played, and I mean spanked.

So if that makes you happy because we're 6-6 headed for either 6-10 or 7-9 again, then great. I'm very happy for you. As for me and a growing number of Bills fans, they no longer have any faith (as if I ever did) in the Ivy League Dynamic Duo, and they can easily see that this team's biggest efforts to improve have fallen about as flat as they could have fallen thus far and to date. How much worse can our offense be? We're ranked above only SF and a few other horrid teams in that way.

It's the same old, same old with you trying to justify that this team is good based on my projections of Ws and Ls, again, without the foreknowledge of how good the teams on our schedule would actually be. Let's be real, who thought that the Jets would suck this bad? The Ravens? The Bengals even? Miami, well, OK, most of us expected bad, but this bad? The Skins even?

Meanwhile, we barely edged all of them.

If you want a gauge as to how good we are, then, try comparing how good we are to the rest of the 32 team slate by comparing and contrasting average statistical standings of the most relevant indicators. This just in, but we're still well below average in most, and below average in most if not all of those.

Dr. Lecter
12-07-2007, 09:35 AM

lol!

Well, it is the most important stat.

Sorry, but it is. By far.

MikeInRoch
12-07-2007, 10:23 AM
How about those people who live on the far side of Syracuse? 'cuse is effected by the blackout, too. So those people are maybe 150 miles from the stadium as the crow flies (much further if they decide to take roads). Guess they aren't hard core fans for not attending the game.

Mr. Pink
12-07-2007, 10:24 AM
How many seats are left as of now?

Any idea anyone?

justasportsfan
12-07-2007, 10:34 AM
Is that worth anything?one more win wys owes me $50 real cash :D.

Jimbuktu
12-07-2007, 10:54 AM

Since I look first at how good a team is and how capable it is of beating above average, and particularly playoff caliber teams, I cannot disagree with your suggestion any more.

How proud can you, we, I, actually be that we're 6-6 having beaten teams a collective 19-53 prior to this weekend's games?

I mean really, regardless of our wagers or the Bills' W-L record, does this excite you? Seriously. I've haven't been this disinterested in Bills football since before I became a fan of the team.

And the last victory playing a Skins team that was clearly down for highly irregular circumstances and perhaps largely on a world-class coaching blunder, you consider that a big win? Because that's the best team that we've beaten.

Many teams in the past, Jauron's 2001 13-3 Bears, last season's 10-6 Jets, were similar. They all "won games" based on extremely favorable circumstances and a soft schedule, as it turned out, yet never "made good" on those seasons before being relegated promptly to the scrap heap the next season again.

I won't belabor this in argument here with you, but hang your hat on what you'll hang it. To date we've overachieved against the league's worst, barely beating them in five of six wins with those games all going right down to the wire for the most part, while promptly getting utterly dusted in the fundamentals vs. every above average team that we've played, and I mean spanked.

So if that makes you happy because we're 6-6 headed for either 6-10 or 7-9 again, then great. I'm very happy for you. As for me and a growing number of Bills fans, they no longer have any faith (as if I ever did) in the Ivy League Dynamic Duo, and they can easily see that this team's biggest efforts to improve have fallen about as flat as they could have fallen thus far and to date. How much worse can our offense be? We're ranked above only SF and a few other horrid teams in that way.

It's the same old, same old with you trying to justify that this team is good based on my projections of Ws and Ls, again, without the foreknowledge of how good the teams on our schedule would actually be. Let's be real, who thought that the Jets would suck this bad? The Ravens? The Bengals even? Miami, well, OK, most of us expected bad, but this bad? The Skins even?

If you want a gauge as to how good we are, then, try comparing how good we are to the rest of the 32 team slate by comparing and contrasting average statistical standings of the most relevant indicators. This just in, but we're still well below average in most, and below average in most if not all of those.

This is certainly a legitimate post, but you can't forget that WINNERS pull out the close games. The Bills have learned how to WIN, and that can't be swept under the rug despite the relative easy teams we did it against.

It's not easy to come back and win the way we did against Miami, Washington, Cinci and even the Jets with Losman. But we won. And that's what counts.

Also, when you say we can't compete with playoff level teams, I mean **** man, that's kind of unfair. Sure, we've been waxed by New England (twice), Pittsburgh, and Jacksonville, but these teams are the ELITE in the NFL. What are you going to do? The Denver loss certainly stung, and the Cowboys one OBVIOUSLY did, but I really think this team has learned from those as the season has progressed.

Let's see what these mofos can do down the stretch!

mayotm
12-07-2007, 11:16 AM

If you want a gauge as to how good we are, then, try comparing how good we are to the rest of the 32 team slate by comparing and contrasting average statistical standings of the most relevant indicators. This just in, but we're still well below average in most, and below average in most if not all of those.Man, if you are this long-winded when you're "disinterested" I'd hate to see it when you are interested.

HHURRICANE
12-07-2007, 12:03 PM
We will sell out by 1pm.

So wait you want to cut out 10 thousand seats but then double the ticket price.... I don't get how this addresses the issue. If anything we would have a bigger problem selling out.

Yes, I want to cut 13,000 seats and increase the price to something that is on par with the rest of the league.

I understand that not everyone on this board or in Buffalo can afford the tickets etc. but this is the market place.

The reality is that there are 60,000 families in western NY that can.

PromoTheRobot
12-07-2007, 02:25 PM
You all can stop arguing and relax. Frey Electric bought the seats. Game is now sold out. So stop whining.

PTR