PDA

View Full Version : What is Lee Evans Smoking???

raphael120
12-05-2007, 09:11 PM
http://www.wgr550.com/bills/fullstory.php?id=2880

It’s well documented that Bills WR Lee Evans wanted J.P. Losman to remain the club’s starting quarterback. That had led some fans to think that Evans doesn’t like Trent Edwards or can’t play with him. I asked Evans just that Wednesday and he responded with, “I think that’s crazy. First off my support of J.P. was simply because knowing the potential of what our offense was, with him in there. We’ve been there, we’ve done it and I supported that. It had nothing to do with Trent as a person, as a player it just was J.P. had a track record of being effective in this offense and leading this offense to wins so that is what I was supporting.

The potential of our offense with him in there? For all the crap Edwards gets for mounting drives that only ends in 2 points, at least he mounts more than just one a game that JP usually gives us. (Think Pittsburgh)

JP had a track record of being effective in this offense!?? WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU TALKIN BOUT, LEE??? If JP has a track record in ANYTHING it's losing! It's NOT being effective!

If you mean losing double the games than you're winning...and throwing the long bomb ineffectively most of the time and never getting the job done in crunch time unless it's a no win team, then I dont consider that very good...

I'm glad this whole thing is over, but damn Lee Evans REALLY is either blind, selfish, or just plain clueless.

Ed
12-05-2007, 09:36 PM
That damn selfish Lee Evans. He really needs to just stop being supportive of his teammates. It's getting tiring.

Philagape
12-05-2007, 09:37 PM
He's just loyal to his draftmate. Half the time you can't trust a word of what athletes say when they talk to the media. They're not objective. They put spins on things. They're acting as PR agents.
It's like watching "reality" TV ... it's a performance.

camelcowboy
12-05-2007, 09:59 PM
If anyone is looking for a "im sorry jp does suck" from evans, shouldnt hold their breath.

The Jokeman
12-05-2007, 10:04 PM
If anyone is looking for a "im sorry jp does suck" from evans, shouldnt hold their breath.
at least until JP's off this team. In reading these latest comments I think Lee's being political and not about to throw his teammate (JP) under the bus which I can respect.

Meathead
12-06-2007, 02:04 AM
god i swear football fans are completely brain damaged sometimes

last year on a bad offense jp had 19 tds 14 picks 3k yards and 62.5% compl perc. those are very respectable numbers in such a situation. thats called 'production'

yes it is now obvious he has regressed this year and yes deserved to lose his job. that doesnt make 06 just disappear. it also doesnt mean that regression could have been predicted prior to just recently becoming established. evans was completely correct in wanting to see if jp could continue that progression. the fact that he didnt has no bearing on the appropriateness of that position at the time it was made

god how did some of youse graduate high school

jamze132
12-06-2007, 02:17 AM
at least until JP's off this team. In reading these latest comments I think Lee's being political and not about to throw his teammate (JP) under the bus which I can respect.
Which is what he should be doing...

mybills
12-06-2007, 06:52 AM
:rofl: Ed!! :up:

god i swear football fans are completely brain damaged sometimes

last year on a bad offense jp had 19 tds 14 picks 3k yards and 62.5% compl perc. those are very respectable numbers in such a situation. thats called 'production'

yes it is now obvious he has regressed this year and yes deserved to lose his job. that doesnt make 06 just disappear. it also doesnt mean that regression could have been predicted prior to just recently becoming established. evans was completely correct in wanting to see if jp could continue that progression. the fact that he didnt has no bearing on the appropriateness of that position at the time it was made

god how did some of youse graduate high school
:10: Thank you!

X-Era
12-06-2007, 07:24 AM

The potential of our offense with him in there? For all the crap Edwards gets for mounting drives that only ends in 2 points, at least he mounts more than just one a game that JP usually gives us. (Think Pittsburgh)

JP had a track record of being effective in this offense!?? WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU TALKIN BOUT, LEE??? If JP has a track record in ANYTHING it's losing! It's NOT being effective!

If you mean losing double the games than you're winning...and throwing the long bomb ineffectively most of the time and never getting the job done in crunch time unless it's a no win team, then I dont consider that very good...

I'm glad this whole thing is over, but damn Lee Evans REALLY is either blind, selfish, or just plain clueless.

Why cant we just get off the guys case now. Evans is a big play, long ball type WR, he wants to score and hes our best WR option. He simply felt the offense would be more productive with JP in there. But the team is going with Edwards and over time he and Evans will build a rapport I have no doubt.

Let it go people, Evans is a good guy and a hell of a player. Hes not complaining, Move on.

Mahdi
12-06-2007, 07:25 AM

What he said seems good to me.... nothing wrong with any of it.... JP has had a lot of success in this offense, it has led them to wins and he supports and believes in Trent. Great.

justasportsfan
12-06-2007, 07:36 AM
He's just loyal to his draftmate. Half the time you can't trust a word of what athletes say when they talk to the media. They're not objective. They put spins on things. They're acting as PR agents.
It's like watching "reality" TV ... it's a performance.
yup. coaches too.