PDA

View Full Version : If the Bills go 9-7 this year...

RockStar36
12-05-2007, 11:00 PM
...but don't make the playoffs would you still be satisfied with the season and consider it a success?

Devin
12-05-2007, 11:02 PM
yes. If the Bills manage a winning season despite the talent level and the pile-up of bodies on IR as well as the QB issues.....id be freakin shocked. Even more-so that they are a play or two from 11-5 if that indeed ended up being the case.

TigerJ
12-05-2007, 11:03 PM
I will be a little disappointed, but considering all the injuries Buffalo has had, it'll only be a little disappointment. I have to admit that if the Bills do make the playoffs, I have zero expectations for how they might do once they get there. The only way that changes is if they discover an offense during the last four weeks of the season.

RockStar36
12-05-2007, 11:09 PM
I would be let down but I would consider it a success for the reasons Devin stated above.

They have a crap load of injuries, a QB issue, now a rookie QB starting, an inept offense, and a bunch of nobodies starting major positions. 9-7 would be great.

I'd be a little let down just because they would have a winning record and not make it, meanwhile the NFC will probably have at least one .500 team make the playoffs.

If they do make the playoffs.... They could lose in the first round and I'd be sorta ok with it. It's been so freakin' long since they made the playoffs and at this point I've almost forgotten what it feels like to even play in a meaningful game like that.

B-DON
12-05-2007, 11:12 PM
yes, we need some positive light on this franchise and winning is the only way to get respect.

Meathead
12-06-2007, 01:49 AM
normally i would have said no but with the bodies piling up like george bush lies and losman caving like democrats on wiretapping getting to nine wins would be pretty damn impressive

Ingtar33
12-06-2007, 02:14 AM
at the start of the year i would have been happy with 7 wins.

that was before the injuries.

As far as im concerned this year is pretty much a success if they make it to .500

jamze132
12-06-2007, 02:19 AM
I am already mostly satisfied with the season so far. And if we can be aboce .500, that would be awesome!

Night Train
12-06-2007, 02:24 AM
Considering all the injuries and question marks all over the starting lineup even before that, I'd be stunned.

YardRat
12-06-2007, 05:18 AM
Yes.

I expected 7-9, or worse before the injuries, QB's, etc so anything better than that is good by me.

The bar is raised for next year, though.

Mitchy moo
12-06-2007, 06:26 AM
I will be a little disappointed, but considering all the injuries Buffalo has had, it'll only be a little disappointment. I have to admit that if the Bills do make the playoofs, I have zero expectations for how the might do once they get there. The only way that changes is if they discover an offense during the last four weeks of the season.

Right on!

BlackMetalNinja
12-06-2007, 06:48 AM
Yes.

I expected 7-9, or worse before the injuries, QB's, etc so anything better than that is good by me.

The bar is raised for next year, though.

What he said...

Philagape
12-06-2007, 08:40 AM
I'll be pleased but not satisfied. Pleased that we're heading in the right direction, but never satisfied with staying home in January.

The King
12-06-2007, 08:43 AM
9-7 would be amazing. A huge accomplishment for this team we had so many guys step it up this year. Anyone who doesnt give Dick credit for that is nuts.

TacklingDummy
12-06-2007, 08:58 AM
Playoffs = success.

What't the point of going 9-7 and not making the playoffs?

It would be a good year to build on is all.

Johnny Bugmenot
12-06-2007, 09:27 AM
I wouldn't call it "success" given an 8-year playoff drought, but I would never consider a winning season to be a failure.

Consider it "mixed results" if that happens. Good, but not quite good enough.

DraftBoy
12-06-2007, 09:30 AM
Complete success, anything over 7 wins is awesome!

Ed
12-06-2007, 09:37 AM
If you had asked me that before the season, I would have said no. I really had high hopes for this team coming in and would have been dissapointed with anything less then playoffs. At this point, I'd be ok with 9-7. Not satisfied, but with the way things have gone and especially with the way the season started, I expected worse.

Luisito23
12-06-2007, 09:41 AM
Watch everyone who said they'll be pleased with 7-9 be the first ones to piss and moan...:baby:....

GO BILLS!!!!!!!

Jan Reimers
12-06-2007, 09:50 AM
I think most of these posts are positive and reasonable, but they generally prove how low our expectations have become.

trapezeus
12-06-2007, 10:06 AM
i would be disappointed because we have 4 winnable games on the schedule. none of them are cakewalks (yes, miami is still a pro team), but they are beatable. and if the bills want to show that 2008 is going to be a launching point, you better start winning now so that we don't have to watch the first 4 games of next season act like preseason games again.

Let's learn the lessons now and get to 2008 with a full head of steam and higher expectations.

The Jokeman
12-06-2007, 10:13 AM
...but don't make the playoffs would you still be satisfied with the season and consider it a success?
I predicted 6-10 in the preseason, so this team has surpassed my expectations thus far and pretty happy. As Lynch and the defense have shown to be better then I anticipated.

blackonyx89
12-06-2007, 10:13 AM

Yes,it's a step in the right direction!!!!
:brush:

madness
12-06-2007, 10:52 AM
I'm disappointed anytime we don't make the playoffs!

The circumstances of the current season just determine the degree of my disappointment.

bflojohn
12-06-2007, 11:15 AM
The truth lies about half way for me.... The determination and guts this team displayed is remarkable! No one can discount the effort, but against good teams, excluding Dallas, they are still a good ways off of contention! The 9-7 scenario is promising IF, and only IF, they build on that record going into 2008. Overall, the offense needs a facelift, and the defense still needs 2 or 3 components to round out the rebuilding phase. Remember, this team at 6-6 was 0-3, and this is the final year of Marv Levys' remake of a championship caliber squad, so I'm cautiously optimistic! Free agency and the draft are the calling cards for 2008. Playoffs are an unexpected bonus this year IF they happen!!

mayotm
12-06-2007, 12:12 PM
I didn't expect the Bills to make the playoffs this year. Considering all the injuries, I'm pretty happy that they are still playing meaningful games this late. I wouldn't say I'm satisfied with 9 - 7, but encouraged for next year. Especially if Edwards continues to progress over the final four games.

DynaPaul
12-06-2007, 05:25 PM
Anything .500 and over is alright in my book. THIS YEAR.

HHURRICANE
12-06-2007, 07:17 PM

I'll blame the it on Losman for blowing the Jags game that cost us the playoffs.