PDA

View Full Version : Shurron Pierson !!

TypicalBill
04-01-2003, 03:44 AM
South Florida junior defensive end/outside linebacker Shurron Pierson was 6016, 244 pounds... he has less than 6% body fat... and actually hit the top of the vertical machine on his first attempt, which would be 45"... came back and did 42" on his second attempt... while working out he suffered a slight pull in his shoulder, so he did not bench press again... 10'6" broad jump... 4.32 short shuttle... 7.40 3-cone... many scouts looked over at the USF weight, speed and conditioning board where Pierson holds all the records at his school except the 300 yard-shuttle... he ran between mid-to-late 4.4's on his 40, which was run on grass... his second time was a little slower... but both were very impressive... he was viewed in linebacker drills... but others feel he can play standup or rush DE... also one of the youngest (20) players available... and his numbers are very similar to those of Georgia LB Boss Bailey... except Pierson is 15 pounds heavier...

sounds like an excellent prospect that would provide great depth and would improve the special teams......could also be used on passing situations as a pass rusher. He is a younger Colvin and his numbers are outstanding!!! :eek: 45" vertical OMG. He's an animal! 4.4-40

TD, get him in here

Thoughts?????????

TigerJ
04-01-2003, 12:11 PM
He won't go real high because he is from a small school and will be pretty raw coming out of college, but he's a great athlete to be sure and an intriguing prospect. I'm not sure how high he'll be drafted. Somewhere in the third or fourth round, I suspect. His numbers raise his draft stock.

TypicalBill
04-02-2003, 11:24 AM
Thanks for the insight TigerJ.

His numbers are unreal. We could wait for him to develop. He could really help our special teams. I wouldn't mind taking him in the fourth round.

DraftBoy
04-02-2003, 06:57 PM
I agree hes worth a later round shot