PDA

View Full Version : Hot Topic in Buffalo this week. Giants game to Sunday night.

Patrick76777
12-06-2007, 11:10 AM
The game currently scheduled is Tampa Bay vs. San Francisco.

The games scheduled that day are as follows:

NYG at Buf
GB at Chi
Cle at Cin
KC at Det
Hou at Ind (Rumor has it that this game has been protected)
Oak at Jac
Was at Min
Phi at NO
Mia at NE (already played 6 games which is the limit)
Atl at Ari
NYJ at Ten
Bal at Sea

Looks like it could be the best match-up. Esp with a New York Market and the possibility of snow.

And Op, now you can post something about not wanting to get embarrassed again.

trapezeus
12-06-2007, 11:16 AM
if they do this, this would allow me to attend a night game since i'll be home for the holidays. Normally sunday night and MNF games are a no go for me.

I wouldn't be staunchly against it.

Mr. Miyagi
12-06-2007, 11:24 AM
If the Bears keep their playoff hopes alive, I can see them moving Green Bay at Chicago.

streetkings01
12-06-2007, 11:43 AM
If the Bears keep their playoff hopes alive, I can see them moving Green Bay at Chicago.I can see that happening since Madden loves him some Brett Favre!

G. Host
12-06-2007, 11:46 AM
Madden also claimed he loves to do games in Buffalo.

Big blowing snow and big, blowing announcer seem to go together.

Ed
12-06-2007, 11:48 AM
I can't see them moving the game since they already moved us once and there's a chance we might already be eliminated from the playoffs at that point.

It would be pretty exciting for me though, since I already bought a ticket to the game.

The Answer
12-06-2007, 11:48 AM
Madden also claimed he loves to do games in Buffalo.

Big blowing snow and big, blowing announcer seem to go together.

He loves the chicken wings too - they were talking about it during the Pats debacle.

~The Answer

Patrick76777
12-06-2007, 12:05 PM
I can't see them moving the game since they already moved us once and there's a chance we might already be eliminated from the playoffs at that point.

Not true. They have to move the games 12 days before we play the game. So that means by Tuesday. That means that if we only beat Miami, we'll still be alive for the playoffs when they have to make the decision.

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
12-06-2007, 12:08 PM
I don't think people outside of Buffalo want to see another Bills game in primetime at this point.

Now maybe by then it could be a different story, but the Bills aren't exciting/interesting enough on a national level yet.

My bet would be either GB at Chicago or Washington at Minnesota.

SquishDaFish
12-06-2007, 12:09 PM
I can see any of the top 3 games getting moved

Ed
12-06-2007, 12:11 PM
Not true. They have to move the games 12 days before we play the game. So that means by Tuesday. That means that if we only beat Miami, we'll still be alive for the playoffs when they have to make the decision.
True, but that was my point. They'd have to move the game knowing that if we don't beat Cleveland it suddenly becomes an undesirable game and they won't be able to change it again. I doubt any network execs are expecting us to win in Cleveland.

Ingtar33
12-06-2007, 12:17 PM
GB at Chi (Protected by Fox and can't be on sun night)
Hou at Ind (Protected by CBS and can't be on sun night)

Michael82
12-06-2007, 12:18 PM
True, but that was my point. They'd have to move the game knowing that if we don't beat Cleveland it suddenly becomes an undesirable game and they won't be able to change it again. I doubt any network execs are expecting us to win in Cleveland.
Exactly. Plus with it being the day before Christmas Eve, having it as a night game would now make it even harder for the out of town people to go and would probably lead to a blackout. :ill:

THATHURMANATOR
12-06-2007, 12:18 PM
I honestly hope it doesnt get changed. It will too damn cold to move.

Michael82
12-06-2007, 12:20 PM
GB at Chi (Protected by Fox and can't be on sun night)
Hou at Ind (Protected by CBS and can't be on sun night)
Good point. I'm betting it will be this game....

Was at Min

Adrian Peterson is a big factor in that game, plus the fact that the Vikings are fighting for a playoff spot. They will also use the Washington Redskins/Sean Taylor stuff as a reason for them.

Michael82
12-06-2007, 12:20 PM
I honestly hope it doesnt get changed. It will too damn cold to move.
exactly. Night time on December 23rd will most likely be a snow game and extremely COLD! :cold:

Ed
12-06-2007, 12:23 PM
Good point. I'm betting it will be this game....

Was at Min

Adrian Peterson is a big factor in that game, plus the fact that the Vikings are fighting for a playoff spot. They will also use the Washington Redskins/Sean Taylor stuff as a reason for them.
Yeah, I was going to say the same thing. Especially if Washington wins tonight.

OpIv37
12-06-2007, 12:24 PM
And Op, now you can post something about not wanting to get embarrassed again.

I think you may have missed the point. If the score is 56-10, many people don't stick around to watch the end of the game. NBC wants a close game to keep as many people watching as long as possible. I'm sure they're in no rush to feature us again.

BlackMetalNinja
12-06-2007, 12:37 PM

Not True... The final week of the season's flex game is not decided until the week of the game to ensure a matchup with playoff implications. I'll find a link to back this up momentarily...

Ed
12-06-2007, 12:52 PM
Not True... The final week of the season's flex game is not decided until the week of the game to ensure a matchup with playoff implications. I'll find a link to back this up momentarily...
Interesting...

If this is true, and we beat Miami and Cleveland, I could definitely see this game being moved.

BlackMetalNinja
12-06-2007, 12:58 PM
In Week 17, in order to ensure a Sunday night game with playoff implications, the decision to move the start time may be made on six days notice

http://www.nfl.com/schedules/tv/flexible

mybills
12-06-2007, 01:22 PM
no more night games please. :(

Bill Brasky
12-06-2007, 01:24 PM
i love night games.

mybills
12-06-2007, 01:26 PM
I only love them when we're consistently kicking ass. :ill:

Bill Brasky
12-06-2007, 01:26 PM
yeah, that's called being a fairweather fan. sadly, you aren't alone.

mybills
12-06-2007, 01:40 PM
yeah, that's called being a fairweather fan. sadly, you aren't alone.
WTF? How? Because I don't want to watch them lose in prime time along with everyone else watching? It's not like I don't watch them at all.

"them" = SNF or MNF games

Bill Brasky
12-06-2007, 01:42 PM
"fans" that only care when we're winning carry no merit in my book. that's not what being a fan is all about. you put up with the good and bad, no matter how bad the bad gets.

mybills
12-06-2007, 01:45 PM
you put up with the good and bad, no matter how bad the bad gets.
I just told you I do that. I was talking about night "games" and how much better they (night games) are when our team is consistently kicking ass.

Bill Brasky
12-06-2007, 01:50 PM
"I only love them when we're consistently kicking ass."

that's not what it sounded like, but whatever. i could really care less, meowmix.

mybills
12-06-2007, 01:56 PM
Man, the only safe thing to say on this site anymore is :gobills:

Bill Brasky
12-06-2007, 01:57 PM
hey, it's the bz, i wouldn't be pulling my weight if i didn't *****/complain/tell somebody how dead wrong they are...

MLH
12-06-2007, 01:58 PM

That would be meaningful if the Bills/Giants game was in week 17.

NBC would have to risk choosing a game that potentially could feature a team that's mathematically eliminated from the playoffs against a team that's locked into the top wildcard seed.

mybills
12-06-2007, 01:59 PM
hey, it's the bz, i wouldn't be pulling my weight if i didn't *****/complain/tell somebody how dead wrong they are...
:rofl: true!

I mean,

:gobills:

The Jokeman
12-06-2007, 01:59 PM
I don't think people outside of Buffalo want to see another Bills game in primetime at this point.

Now maybe by then it could be a different story, but the Bills aren't exciting/interesting enough on a national level yet.

My bet would be either GB at Chicago or Washington at Minnesota.
Yeah I could see a Vikings "run at the playoffs" with Adrian Peterson being a big attraction.

BlackMetalNinja
12-06-2007, 02:25 PM
That would be meaningful if the Bills/Giants game was in week 17.

NBC would have to risk choosing a game that potentially could feature a team that's mathematically eliminated from the playoffs against a team that's locked into the top wildcard seed.

Ah yes... thanks, I keep forgetting about the Philly game for some reason. Maybe just because it's the last home game.

Patrick76777
12-06-2007, 02:40 PM
I think you may have missed the point. If the score is 56-10, many people don't stick around to watch the end of the game. NBC wants a close game to keep as many people watching as long as possible. I'm sure they're in no rush to feature us again.

I knew you couldn't resist!

Patrick76777
12-06-2007, 02:42 PM

And this game is not the last week!

BlackMetalNinja
12-06-2007, 02:50 PM
And this game is not the last week!

Yes, we've established this, my bad...

Patrick76777
12-06-2007, 02:53 PM
Yes, we've established this, my bad...
Well, this is a MB. Sometimes you don’t see all of the posts before you post.

Mr. Pink
12-06-2007, 04:56 PM
I doubt the NFL is going to put a game onto primetime that might not even be a sell out.

YardRat
12-06-2007, 05:09 PM
My bets on GB-Chicago.

Ed
12-06-2007, 06:19 PM
My bets on GB-Chicago.
I think that game is protected.

Typ0
12-06-2007, 06:36 PM
there is a good chance it will be our game...it's the Gints and they are after their market.

G Wolly
12-06-2007, 07:49 PM
I hope I get tickets to that game and its changed.