• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Answer
    The Plagiarist
    • Mar 2007

King picks/More on Jauron's coaching

Seems nobody has anything bad to say about The Corpse these days......

Explore the pulse of the sports world with FanNation, brought to you by Sports Illustrated. Engage with top stories, expert insights, and curated content from all major sports teams and leagues, all in one dynamic platform.

Miami Dolphins (0-12) at Buffalo Bills (6-6)

With a win, the battered Bills advance to 7-6 and still have a playoff prayer, which would be just south of Miracleville. Chatted the other day with Buffalo coach Dick Jauron, and what he said about losing 10 starters from a .500ish team and staying afloat impressed me. Said Jauron: "We have high-character guys who really like to play football. Somebody's done a really good job raising them. So when some bad things happen, they just come to work the next day ready to play. They never want to be the cause of something that goes wrong on the field, because they don't want to let their teammates down. Those are the kinds of people you want playing on your team." No wonder players like playing for Jauron.
    Bills 27, Dolphins 10

~The Answer
  • Ed
    • Sep 2002

Re: King picks/More on Jauron's coaching

Scoring 27 points would mean we got 3 TD's. Pretty ballsy prediction considering we may not even have Lynch.

Nice quote by Jauron. I love our players.

Go Bills!

Comment

• Johnny Bugmenot
      Will not tolerate vandalism.
      • Apr 2006

Originally posted by Ed
      Scoring 27 points would mean we got 3 TD's. Pretty ballsy prediction considering we may not even have Lynch.

Nice quote by Jauron. I love our players.

Go Bills!
      Most likely, but there's also these possibilities (assuming no more than one safety in a game, and remember, the defense can score TDs too when the Fins offense screws up badly enough):

Four TDs/3 XPs/1 missed XP, 3 TDs/3 XPs/2 FGs, 2 TDs/1 XP/1 2P or safety/4 FG, 1 TD/1 XP/1 Safety/6 FGs, 1 TD/1 missed XP/7 FGs, or a league-record 9 FGs.

Given Edwards' "get a load of FGs" offense, some of those are actually pretty viable.

Comment

• MikeInRoch
        • Sep 2003

I have to discount the 'miss an XP' ones, tho. Perhaps we went for two on those plays and didn't get it instead?
        "'Clean up your room.', 'Stand up straight.', 'Pick up your feet.', 'Take it like a man.', 'Be nice to your sister.', 'Don't mix beer and wine, ever.'. Oh yeah, 'Don't drive on the railroad track.'"

"Eh, Phil. That's one I happen to agree with."

Comment

• Ed
          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Johnny Bugmenot
          Most likely, but there's also these possibilities (assuming no more than one safety in a game, and remember, the defense can score TDs too when the Fins offense screws up badly enough):

Four TDs/3 XPs/1 missed XP, 3 TDs/3 XPs/2 FGs, 2 TDs/1 XP/1 2P or safety/4 FG, 1 TD/1 XP/1 Safety/6 FGs, 1 TD/1 missed XP/7 FGs, or a league-record 9 FGs.

Given Edwards' "get a load of FGs" offense, some of those are actually pretty viable.
          Yeah, I realize there are other possible ways to get to 27, but Lindell has never missed an XP in his career.

Comment

• DaBillzAhDaShiznit
            • May 2004

this thread is really headed in a meaningless direction.

So, back on topic.....King hit the nail on the head in that the Bills talking playoffs at this point of the season is about as amazing as any other story in the league this year. I for one did not expect us to win 6 games total, and it looks like we are on track for at least a .500 season, which is not bad considering what has occured both in the offseason and during the season.

When you think about it, we were in a great spot to win the Denver game, as well as the Cowboys game.

We could easily be 8-4 now, with two of those losses being against a team in the Patriots that could make a good case for being one of the best teams in NFL history.

Yes, it will take a very good effort for the next four weeks, but winning out seems at least realistic, and would almost certainly get us to the playoffs.

Now, we don't have (in my opinon) the firepower to contend with New England,
            Indy or Pittsburgh....but you just never know what happens in the playoffs.
            At least we would not have to play New England in the wild card round.

I guess what I am saying is that I am officially, 100% on board with the direction of this team....and that is a big thing for me because it has more than a decade since I last said that. Wow.
            "Show me a good loser and I will show you an idiot"
            --Leo Durocher

Comment

• Johnny Bugmenot
              Will not tolerate vandalism.
              • Apr 2006

Originally posted by Ed
              Yeah, I realize there are other possible ways to get to 27, but Lindell has never missed an XP in his career.
              I know... just having some fun with the permutations... besides... I was going to put "not likely" by the scenarios with a missed XP but I figured a lot of them were unlikely anyway and didn't bother.

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
                My battery is low and it's getting dark.
                • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Ed
                jinx!!!

Comment

• Oaf
                  Do you read what you write?
                  • Jun 2007

Originally posted by DaBillzAhDaShiznit
                  this thread is really headed in a meaningless direction.

So, back on topic.....King hit the nail on the head in that the Bills talking playoffs at this point of the season is about as amazing as any other story in the league this year. I for one did not expect us to win 6 games total, and it looks like we are on track for at least a .500 season, which is not bad considering what has occured both in the offseason and during the season.

When you think about it, we were in a great spot to win the Denver game, as well as the Cowboys game.

We could easily be 8-4 now, with two of those losses being against a team in the Patriots that could make a good case for being one of the best teams in NFL history.

Yes, it will take a very good effort for the next four weeks, but winning out seems at least realistic, and would almost certainly get us to the playoffs.

Now, we don't have (in my opinon) the firepower to contend with New England,
                  Indy or Pittsburgh....but you just never know what happens in the playoffs.
                  At least we would not have to play New England in the wild card round.

I guess what I am saying is that I am officially, 100% on board with the direction of this team....and that is a big thing for me because it has more than a decade since I last said that. Wow.
                  Please stop saying the "We should be 8-4" spiel. We could have just as easily lost the Redskins and the first Miami game, as well as either of the Jet games; so it at least evens out.

We are what we are.

Comment

Working...
                  X