PDA

View Full Version : Bills Consider Dropping AstroTurf for All New AstroPlay

RedEyE
04-01-2003, 03:58 AM
More interesting news from USAToday.com

—After experimenting with a new artificial surface called AstroPlay on a section of its practice field, the Bills are thinking of installing it inside Ralph Wilson Stadium. The surface, that has the look, feel and forgiveness of real turf, is composed of recycled, crushed tennis shoes and ties. The Bills current playing surface, AstroTurf, is consistently given low marks by players in annual surveys conducted by the players union.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/bills/home.htm

superbills
04-01-2003, 05:53 AM
I pray to God that thisd is true. The last thing I want to see is Spikes grabbing his achilles in pain after the turf caused it to rupture. We lost Cowart because of the crap we have now and I never want to see a player lost again because of Sh$$#y turf!

Michael82
04-01-2003, 07:30 AM
This is bad stuff! I was reading that it was what the Bears used in the field they played at last year... Illinois University or something like that... And we all know how many injuries they had. Apparently, this stuff is a cheaper imitation to the good stuff. What we REALLY want the Bills to do is bring that new FieldTurf stuff to Buffalo. That is supposed to be GREAT stuff.

Buffarama
04-01-2003, 07:33 AM
Here comes the Astroplay vs Fieldturf debate again!

Buffarama
04-01-2003, 07:34 AM
My understanding is TD body slammed Ralph into both surfaces, and Ralph chose AstroPlay.

Pride
04-01-2003, 08:17 AM
Originally posted by Buffarama
My understanding is TD body slammed Ralph into both surfaces, and Ralph chose AstroPlay.

:lol:

Cliff Klaven
04-01-2003, 01:44 PM
Did you know that Astroplay actually got its start in Boston. They never had anything to do with all the crused cups after the Marathon so somebody decided they might provide a better playing surface.

Herdwatcher
04-01-2003, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by Mike32282
This is bad stuff! I was reading that it was what the Bears used in the field they played at last year... Illinois University or something like that... And we all know how many injuries they had. Apparently, this stuff is a cheaper imitation to the good stuff. What we REALLY want the Bills to do is bring that new FieldTurf stuff to Buffalo. That is supposed to be GREAT stuff.

Well then, that's the STUFF we need!

lol What's up Mike?