PDA

View Full Version : Forked Thread: Is Fred Jackson our best running back?

madness
12-07-2007, 10:21 AM
Forked from: Is Fred Jackson our best running back? (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showpost.php?postid=2228353)

I'd definitely start putting him more in the gameplan after that performance. I'd like to see some "pro-set" formations (Split Backs 3-WR) like the Seahawks run but with Evans, Reed, Parrish, Lynch and Jackson on the field.

I picked this up on Yahoo while getting my FFL ready this week...

Dec 6 Jackson's teammate Marshawn Lynch (ankle) practiced for a second straight day on Thursday, the Bills' official site reports. Lynch received reps with the first team, but is also still favoring his ankle slightly.

Recommendation: Jackson has already been elevated to No. 2 with Anthony Thomas going on IR on Thursday, and could see starter's carries again this week if the Bills play it safe with Lynch. No matter the case, the Bills like what they see in Jackson and plan to get him on the field more even when Lynch is ready for game action. They've even started kicking around two-back sets under certain conditions.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/8063/news

I hope they really are working on this. Jackson and Lynch on the field at the same time is going to create a lot of mismatches.

:gobills:

OpIv37
12-07-2007, 10:26 AM
It's about time Fairchild went with this.

I always wondered why Fairchild didn't do this before when both Lynch and A Train were healthy. I know he wanted Thomas on the field for blocking- I just don't understand why he assumed that meant taking Lynch off the field too.

madness
12-07-2007, 10:32 AM

I always wondered why Fairchild didn't do this before when both Lynch and A Train were healthy. I know he wanted Thomas on the field for blocking- I just don't understand why he assumed that meant taking Lynch off the field too.

I'm guessing it came down to the o-line not gelling enough earlier in the year. We probably needed a TE to stay in and block more then going with just five on the line on obvious passing situations.

There was definitely opportunities to mix Lynch in but I'm sure the coaching staff didn't want to get creative with the playbook until we started executed the basics properly on a consistent basis and we really haven't seen much of that this year.

Oaf
12-07-2007, 01:02 PM
Lynch, Jackson, Reed, Parrish, and Evans actually seems like a dangerous, legitimate offense! We could even swing em' out and go 5-wide like that too. We had better see it.

Buffatexas
12-07-2007, 02:06 PM
i think you have to keep in mind that no one had any viable tape on jackson....now they do

shelby
12-07-2007, 02:08 PM
i was impressed with Jackson's performance last week!
:up:

Oaf
12-08-2007, 04:57 PM
i think you have to keep in mind that no one had any viable tape on jackson....now they do
Well now they have a highlight reel. So what?

They now know he goes out for passes, he has speed to burn on the outside, and he can still be effective in the middle.

DMBcrew36
12-08-2007, 05:49 PM

See but leaving Lynch in would mean that Fairchild wouldn't be able to telegraph that we were going to pass! He simply can't have that.

FatalShot
12-08-2007, 11:16 PM
No. Lynch is much better. Jackson is good..but Lynch has most of our TDs this season.

Kerr
12-09-2007, 07:15 AM
It would be nice to see Lynch in on 3rd down at times with Jackson lined up as the 4th receiver kind of the way marshall faulk was used in st louis. Also, you could fake reverses to jackson pretending to run the ball and hand it to marshawn.

G. Host
12-09-2007, 08:08 AM
Everyone had tape on Jackson from his play in NFL Europe. NFL sent tape of all teams in NFL Europe to all teams. If an opponent wanted to dig the could dig up his AFL tapes as well.

John Doe
12-09-2007, 08:12 AM
Everyone had tape on Jackson from his play in NFL Europe. NFL sent tape of all teams in NFL Europe to all teams. If an opponent wanted to dig the could dig up his AFL tapes as well.

As well as his performances in preseason games.