• Show
Clear All
  • The Answer
    The Plagiarist
    • Mar 2007

PFW: Bills likely to trade losman after season

Dec. 7, 2007

Bills likely to trade QB Losman after season

After showcasing some heady play, especially late in the game, in the Bills’ Week 13 victory over the Redskins, rookie Trent Edwards looks to have locked up the Buffalo quarterback job. And not just for the remainder of the season. Our sources in Buffalo tell us that J.P. Losman, the team’s first-round selection in 2004, is highly unlikely to be on the roster next year. His high salary makes it very difficult for the Bills to keep him on the bench, and they will cut him if unable to engineer a trade for him. However, with the shoddy quarterback play in the league this season, we hear that the Bills are very confident they can deal him. Ideally, they are looking for a second-round selection in April’s draft, but a more likely scenario is a third- or fourth-round pick.

~The Answer
  • Mr. Miyagi
    Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Re: PFW: Bills likely to trade losman after season

Baltimore, KC, Washington, Detroit, Minnesota, Atlanta, Caronlina.

My guess is Detroit or Washington.

Comment

• Bill Brasky
      Drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls
      • Jan 2004

Detroit? I don't think so.

Chicago or Minn would make sense.

We can get a decent mid-round pick and he'll go to a team where he has a good chance of starting. Win win.

Comment

• justasportsfan
        • Jul 2002

we'd be blessed if we get and 2nd for him.
        sacrifice1
        https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• The Answer
          The Plagiarist
          • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
          Baltimore, KC, Washington, Detroit, Minnesota, Atlanta, Caronlina.

My guess is Detroit or Washington.
          There's no way we are getting a 2nd round pick though - but then again Miami gave up that for Culpepper and Touchy Feeley.

~The Answer

Comment

• Oaf
            Do you read what you write?
            • Jun 2007

Chicago?

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
              Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by jfreeman

We can get a decent mid-round pick and he'll go to a team where he has a good chance of starting. Win win.
              Why not Detroit? Kitna has not been so good and he's getting old. They drafted a QB in the 3rd round last season but he's been on IR and has zero experience. In that Mike Martz offense, JP with his big arm can really shine.

Chicago already has a JP clone in Grossman - reckless big arm gunslinger. Makes no sense for them to dump Grossman and bring in the same guy.

Comment

• Jeff1220
                H to the 12:20
                • Jul 2002

You might want to add Carolina to the mix, imo. Jake Delhomme is not that young, has been hurt, and doesn't seem to have the 'it' that he had in his first few years w/Carolina. David Carr has been even worse for them than he was for Houston. I could see them being in the market for a guy like JP.

Oh yeah, Atlanta would be logical place as well.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Jeff1220
                  You might want to add Carolina to the mix, imo. Jake Delhomme is not that young, has been hurt, and doesn't seem to have the 'it' that he had in his first few years w/Carolina. David Carr has been even worse for them than he was for Houston. I could see them being in the market for a guy like JP.

Steve Smith would love that.
                  sacrifice1
                  https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• bigbub2352
                    • Feb 2005

I would take a 3rd for him or multiple picks, but we will get more than some argued with me about when i started this thread after the jacksonville game, QB are in high regard and someones trash is another's treasure
                    i think a 3rd is not unrealisitc
                    XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• The Answer
                      The Plagiarist
                      • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Jeff1220

Oh yeah, Atlanta would be logical place as well.
                      Both interesting choices -

Carolina needs a mobile QB that can get the ball downfield to Steve Smith - and surely Losman could beat out a 44 year old dinosaur like Vinny T.

Atlanta would love a QB that can air it out as well since Vick was never capable of doing that. But with Harringon (JP clone) and Leftwich, and likely Brian Brohm to be drafted, that's probably not a realistic destination.

My gut feeling tells me it will be Detroit - Kitna has done ok, but they are free falling right now and Mike Martz is the type of coordinator that would throw a bomb every play if he had his way - and will all the weapons in Detroit, Losman might have a chance to do something there - at least against other garbage teams in the NFC.

~The Answer

Comment

• Mahdi
                        • Mar 2004

Originally posted by jfreeman

I bet Losman would play really well in Minnesota. With the unstoppable run game they have it would really open things up for Losman's arm.

Comment

• The King
                          Without me it's just Awe so
                          • Jun 2004

This was inevitable
                          I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
                          "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
                          You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
                          It was all
                          true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
                          He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
                          mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• billsburgh
                            • Jul 2003

we would be fortunate to get a 3rd for him. he cant have much trade value right now. everyoned knows he wont be back. they'll just wait for him to be cut

Comment

• The Answer
                              The Plagiarist
                              • Mar 2007

Originally posted by bigbub2352
                              I would take a 3rd for him or multiple picks, but we will get more than some argued with me about when i started this thread after the jacksonville game, QB are in high regard and someones trash is another's treasure
                              i think a 3rd is not unrealisitc
                              We need to get something - even if it's just a 6th/7th rounder.

The problem here is we already have a ton of draft picks in the 2008 draft - and not enough roster space for them all.

Ideally we need an established veteran in exchange for Losman, even if he's older than JP - a veteran safety, DE, TE, or WR.

~The Answer

Comment

Working...
                              X