PDA

View Full Version : This is Trent's game to shine, no excuses!!!

HHURRICANE
12-07-2007, 01:53 PM
I was very disappointed in our first game at Miami and really thought JP, who's had alot of success previously, would light it up against a very bad Miami team.

Well, now it's Mr. Edwards turn and I have the same expectations. I want 300 yards and 2-3 TD passes. This game is at home and Miami just gave up 40 points last week.

Time to ring in the Trent Edwards era!!

justasportsfan
12-07-2007, 01:57 PM
I was very disappointed in our first game at Miami

and you were telling people to just enjoy the wins? Mybills was right.

HHURRICANE
12-07-2007, 02:16 PM

Right about what??

Do you even understand the thread or do you just look for ways to argue?

Slim
12-07-2007, 02:17 PM
250 yrds and 1 or 2 tds is great. I doubt he gets 250 though, bills are going to the run the 25+ times this week.

justasportsfan
12-07-2007, 02:25 PM
Right about what???

We tried to enjoy the wins when Losman was the starter, but you wouldn't let us.

Think about that, HURR.?

You got OWNED!!!!

Do you even understand the thread or do you just look for ways to argue?

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=141073

Trent doesn't have to light anything up. If he doesn't become a liability or losses the game for us. I'm satisfied.

If Trent doesn't light anything up , you'll come up with the rookie excuse anyways. So save us the small talk.

SquishDaFish
12-07-2007, 02:35 PM
Great posting JUSTA

OpIv37
12-07-2007, 02:37 PM
I just want to see two offensive TD's- pass it in, run it in, pooch kick it off the defensive lineman's helmet and recover it in the end zone- I don't care.

The King
12-07-2007, 02:43 PM
Trent will bring the heat this weekend I can feel it.

MarshawnIsDaMan
12-07-2007, 02:45 PM
I don't think you have to have 300+ yards and 3 TD's to be considered a great game. Sure that would be awesome but 200-250 yards with at least 1 passing TD would be great too. He is still growing as a QB, he's still very, very young.

historypete
12-07-2007, 02:47 PM
I think if the weather is okay, the offense is going to toss the ball around this weekend. Miami's secondary is beat up, and with Marshawn probably going to play they'll have to limit his carries to less than 20. I think Trent can have a huge day on Sunday. It would be nice to see him get a couple of touchdowns.

I think we'll finally see offensive sets that have both Marshawn and Jackson on the field to create mismatches in the passing game with Miami's linebackers. At least I hope so because I really don't want to see Royal or Gaines making their customary one catch for 10 yards, but Fairchild will find a way to get our ever dangerous Tight Ends involved.

Ed
12-07-2007, 02:47 PM
I'll be happy with a win, even if it's ugly, but yeah, some improvement from Trent and some TD's would be nice too.

patmoran2006
12-07-2007, 02:48 PM
Dont think your going to see a lot of passing in this weather.

Expect a lot of Freddie Jackson and HOPEFULLY Marshawn Lynch.

I don't care if we win 6-3 as long as we WIN and set up next week's game vs Cleveland. Just don't "lose" the game, Trent.

PromoTheRobot
12-07-2007, 02:54 PM
Will you be disappointed if Edwards only attempts 15 passes, but we rush for over 250yds and win by 20pts?

PTR

historypete
12-07-2007, 02:55 PM
How windy is it supposed to be on Sunday??? I know its supposed to be in the 20s with snow flurries, and that means the wind could be whipping.

Like I said I think if the weather is okay, meaning if it isn't windy, I think we throw the ball more than everyone is planning on. Last year the game was pretty bad weather wise if I remember correctly and JP had a big day. Trent can do the same. Plus, Miami will probably bring up 8 in the box and will force Trent to throw, especially if the weather is bad.

Either way, I think Jackson and Lynch will get a lot of touches, and that is a good thing.

Wally The Barber
12-07-2007, 02:55 PM
Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

You expect veteran play from a rookie!

How considerate of you!

Maybe we can waive him if he throws for 250 yards

We can always draft another QB next year and give him 4 games before we make a discision!

I am sure you are not serious......but I found this funny!

justasportsfan
12-07-2007, 02:56 PM
I'll be happy with a win, even if it's ugly, but yeah, some improvement from Trent and some TD's would be nice too.
exactly. He doesn't have to throw 3 TD's . If he throws for one in a win , that's already an improvement over fg's. With Trent I'm looking for improvement. Not probowl nos. even against the fins who's D, btw is not as bad as everyone thinks.

Ed
12-07-2007, 03:05 PM
exactly. He doesn't have to throw 3 TD's . If he throws for one in a win , that's already an improvement over fg's. With Trent I'm looking for improvement. Not probowl nos. even against the fins who's D, btw is not as bad as everyone thinks.
Yeah, considering the potential for nasty weather and the dolphins weakness against the run(ranked 32nd??), I'd be ok with Trent just managing the game and not making any mistakes. We should be trying to cram it down their throats all game. We've been pretty solid lately at shutting down the run, and their line and RB's are hurting. Let the Dolphins be the ones to screw up in the passing game.

Let Trent open it up a little and try to establish himself in a playoff-like setting next week against Cleveland.

The last buffalo fan
12-07-2007, 03:52 PM

:refuse:

HH, don't fool yourself, Miami is not as bad as their record shows. Also, iIf you add to it the bad weather, he won't even reach the 200yds. :sorry:

DynaPaul
12-07-2007, 04:02 PM
Just getting a win is fine by me. Remember, Trent's a rookie so we can't start giving him "do or die" performance expectations just yet.

justasportsfan
12-07-2007, 04:05 PM
:refuse:

HH, don't fool yourself, Miami is not as bad as their record shows. Also, iIf you add to it the bad weather, he won't even reach the 200yds. :sorry:

I agree. Ask FTP. The fins are the best 0-13 team in NFL history . :roflmao:

The last buffalo fan
12-07-2007, 04:42 PM
I agree. Ask FTP. The fins are the best 0-13 team in NFL history . :roflmao:

:spit:

Could be.

HHURRICANE
12-07-2007, 06:08 PM
Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

You expect veteran play from a rookie!

How considerate of you!

Maybe we can waive him if he throws for 250 yards

We can always draft another QB next year and give him 4 games before we make a discision!

I am sure you are not serious......but I found this funny!

Obvioulsy if the weather is bad, OR WE JUST POUND THE BALL WITH EASE, THAN MY EXPECTATIONS WILL BE DIFFERENT.

However, this is a nice game for him to gain some confidence. It's not often that you get to play against the worst team in the league.

HHURRICANE
12-07-2007, 06:17 PM
You got OWNED!!!!

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=141073

Trent doesn't have to light anything up. If he doesn't become a liability or losses the game for us. I'm satisfied.

If Trent doesn't light anything up , you'll come up with the rookie excuse anyways. So save us the small talk.

Dude, are you dillusional?

You realize my original post was addressing Trent and not JP? I don't care if you and Mybills wants to root for the loser. I wasn't happy that JP won a squeeker against the worst team in the NFL as a 4 year vet.

I'm a lot more happy about a rookie playing well above expectations than a 4 year vet that still doesn't look like he belongs in the league. People in general should be happy about this.

YardRat
12-07-2007, 06:18 PM
Just give me a win, I don't care how we get it.

patmoran2006
12-07-2007, 06:53 PM
Just give me a win, I don't care how we get it.
I nominate this as post of the week.. SPOT ****in on.

It doesnt matter how we win and who stars.. ALL that matters is we win.

Then come next week, you can put it on TE all you want to get it done against a Cleveland offense you KNOW is going to put up points.

We can beat Miami 16-10. We can't score 16 on Cleveland and beat them.

Night Train
12-07-2007, 07:49 PM
Wow. 3 !!!

I'm so cyber itimidated.

Would you please get over yourself.

im4bflo
12-07-2007, 08:09 PM
It's an 0-12 team, and we're at home, he better do something, ya think!
TE better get that O in the endzone, or he sucks.
The running game is there, the D is there, ST's will contribute.
Will Lendall be the hero? I hope so, someone's got to be!
SQUISH THE FISH! :squish:

justasportsfan
12-07-2007, 08:15 PM
You realize my original post was addressing Trent and not JP?your first sentence mentioned JP

I don't care if you and Mybills wants to root for the loser. I wasn't happy that JP won a squeeker against the worst team in the NFL as a 4 year vet.

I'm a lot more happy about a rookie playing well above expectations than a 4 year vet that still doesn't look like he belongs in the league. People in general should be happy about this.
THis next phrase was talking about JP.

I guess we know who's dillusional here.

Let it go. Can you ever talk about Trent without backhanding JP? Seems to me that the only way to pump up Trent is to bash JP. Let it go! Trents our qb now and JP is also not the enemy. He's still a bill. Whenever he comes in he plays his best. He doesn't perform like Willis.

Mr. Cynical
12-08-2007, 12:40 AM
Rookie QB = completely different set of expectations.

Period.

im4bflo
12-08-2007, 12:43 AM
There is NO EXCUSE to losing to an 0-12 team.
:lolpoint::squish::flag:

HHURRICANE
12-08-2007, 10:10 AM
your first sentence mentioned JP

THis next phrase was talking about JP.

I guess we know who's dillusional here.

Let it go. Can you ever talk about Trent without backhanding JP? Seems to me that the only way to pump up Trent is to bash JP. Let it go! Trents our qb now and JP is also not the enemy. He's still a bill. Whenever he comes in he plays his best. He doesn't perform like Willis.

I agree that it's time to move on. All I was trying to say is that I have the same expectations for Trent, regardless of him being a rookie, as I did for JP because this is a game that either QB should do well in.

I'm going to the game tomorrow and if the weather is horrible than I'll certainly have a different set of expectations.

The thing that people don't seem to get is that I'm objective. If Trent throws 3 picks and gets 0 TDs he's not getting a rookie pass from me. This is an 0-12 team that we are playing at home!!!

John Doe
12-08-2007, 11:54 AM
Dont think your going to see a lot of passing in this weather.

Expect a lot of Freddie Jackson and HOPEFULLY Marshawn Lynch.

I don't care if we win 6-3 as long as we WIN and set up next week's game vs Cleveland. Just don't "lose" the game, Trent.

Spot on.

Captain gameboy
12-08-2007, 02:52 PM
Call me contrarian.

This is the Dolphins last, realistic chance to avoid an O-for.

The Bills could be 8-4 or 4-8 at this point, with a slight change in the breeze.

We are not that good, and they are not that bad.

We can't score, They can't win.

We simply cannot lose this game.

Hopefully, all the positive press about Jauron and the stability that his teams play with will prove accurate.

Otherwise, there won't be a head in the organization that is safe on Monday, and I don't want to go through that.

Oaf
12-08-2007, 04:55 PM
189 yards and a TD no picks would be great for me in a 20-7 victory over the hapless fins in the blustery, freezing Ralph.

feelthepain
12-08-2007, 08:38 PM
I was very disappointed in our first game at Miami and really thought JP, who's had alot of success previously, would light it up against a very bad Miami team.

Well, now it's Mr. Edwards turn and I have the same expectations. I want 300 yards and 2-3 TD passes. This game is at home and Miami just gave up 40 points last week.

Time to ring in the Trent Edwards era!!
Another bandwagon.

JD
12-08-2007, 08:45 PM
Another bandwagon.
Have they started to produce 0-16 jerseys yet?

im4bflo
12-08-2007, 10:58 PM
Another bandwagon.

feelingthe0-12pain!!!!! how's the 0-16 bandwagon doing?

feelthepain
12-09-2007, 07:21 AM
Have they started to produce 0-16 jerseys yet?
I wouldn't know, but I do know where you can get a rare but very classic 4 SB losses in a row Jersey. The ultimate LOSER Jersey! Best part is, only one teams fans will ever have the honor of wearing it.:brush:

njsue
12-09-2007, 07:28 AM
Today we shall see why Trent has the quicker ball to all his primo scoring weapons.

Marshawn will have a heavy load today because of the weather.

njsue
12-09-2007, 07:34 AM
Josh Reed and all Wr's have great games today!!!

mybills
12-09-2007, 11:18 AM
I don't care if you and Mybills wants to root for the loser.
Excuse me...I root for the Bills, not the QB. At last check, JP is still a Bill.

YardRat
12-09-2007, 11:25 AM
I wouldn't know, but I do know where you can get a rare but very classic 4 SB losses in a row Jersey. The ultimate LOSER Jersey! Best part is, only one teams fans will ever have the honor of wearing it.:brush:

I don't think Miami will necessarily go winless this season, still, and it wouldn't surprise me if they did manage to beat the Bills today but if they don't...

I'd sure as hell be more proud to wear an o-fer 4 consecutive Super Bowl jersey than an o-fer the entire season one.

EDS
12-09-2007, 01:18 PM
So far so good!!!!

Bufftp
12-09-2007, 01:42 PM
Trent is playing well today! :up:

BillyT92679
12-09-2007, 02:35 PM
Not really

YardRat
12-09-2007, 02:41 PM
What a great frickin' throw.

There's the deep ball some have been looking for.

BillyT92679
12-09-2007, 02:41 PM
that's good

im4bflo
12-09-2007, 04:49 PM
he can beat an 0-12 team :bf1:

feelthepain
12-09-2007, 05:44 PM
I don't think Miami will necessarily go winless this season, still, and it wouldn't surprise me if they did manage to beat the Bills today but if they don't...

I'd sure as hell be more proud to wear an o-fer 4 consecutive Super Bowl jersey than an o-fer the entire season one.

It's a lot harder to get to 4 SB's in a row, let alone lose them all.

im4bflo
12-09-2007, 05:55 PM
It's a lot harder to get to 4 SB's in a row, let alone lose them all.

:snicker2: how the hell would you know? :loser:
Have you ever seen the fish in the playoffs, I know you never seen them in the SUPERBOWL!
We just SWEPT you AGAIN (let that sink in!)
You are WINLESS! (let that sink in!)
You are 0-13 thanks to us, headed for 0-16 :laughing: (let that sink in!)
Your team could of stayed home and watched BUFFALO BILLS games,
and still have the same record :lmao: :squish: (let it all sink in!)
feelingthe0-13pain :loser:

justasportsfan
12-09-2007, 06:48 PM
:lolpoint:
Dear Daunte ,

Night Train
12-09-2007, 07:17 PM
Trent had to play well. There were no excuses !!! ( was Trent looking for excuses ? )