PDA

View Full Version : It's Not All That Bad, Guys

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
12-07-2007, 09:28 PM
Here are a few things to remember:

(1) 3 hours jet lag is rough. If you are a baseball player shagging flies in right field, you can deal with it. If you are a hockey player breathing hard and dealing with tight and tired muscles, it is significant. Just go out at one in the morning and try running a set of wind sprints. It's a tough thing, and it's harder going east to west because you have to play hockey at midnight or 1 AM.

(2) The Sabres as we know them have never played on these ice surfaces in California. They are out there getting used to the ice during the first few periods of the game, and probably getting more tired than they need to while they are figuring out the ice.

(3) The Sabres are not used to airplane rides longer than 1 hour. Maybe Atlanta or Florida are the only ones I can think of, and sometimes they stop at Carolina or Nashville on their way down there. Long airplane rides take some adjusting. You can get dehydration and fatigue from breathing poorly ventilated air for several hours. This is no joke, I experience this first hand on many cross country trips.

My point is to go easy on these guys. They are doing something that is not so easy. What they come away with will not be a true measure of their skill. And if they have to play one of these teams in the Stanley Cup Finals, both teams will have to do the same traveling.

LtFinFan66
12-08-2007, 05:00 AM
That stuff doesn't happen on a 3 hour plane ride. I have flown 15 1/2 hours non-stop from Korea to Atlanta and not had jet lag?

CuseJetsFan83
12-08-2007, 05:22 AM
jet lag is acrap excuse...... if anything the team that has the 3-5 hour bus ride is what i'd fear if i was a coach...... ie> most AHL hockey teams, college basketball teams within reason, and almost all scholastic school teams

RockStar36
12-08-2007, 08:57 AM
I only read the first one but that is one of the lamest excuses I've ever heard.

SabreEleven
12-08-2007, 09:56 AM
He is right about one thing. The Sabres have always played like crap on the West Coast...

Johnny Bugmenot
12-08-2007, 02:01 PM
They got blown out by the worst team in the NHL. I don't care what team you are you should be able to beat them in your sleep.

Crisis
12-08-2007, 02:39 PM
http://forums.sabres.com/index.php?showtopic=31010&mode=linear

CuseJetsFan83
12-10-2007, 11:15 PM
lol @ jetlag......... my god... if anyone has to blame jetlag football players would have a valid claim ala

teams going west coast.....back east.......... west coast....back east.... back to back to back

today's game against boston could be loosely blamed on it only because they got back when.... sunday afternoon?

baseball can have it easy, becuase the schedule is usually back to back swings on a road trip, but that isnt always the case

Dude
12-11-2007, 06:56 AM
http://forums.sabres.com/index.php?showtopic=31010&mode=linear:rofl: busted

CuseJetsFan83
12-11-2007, 02:35 PM
:rofl: busted

the responses to him are awesome... although im not really sure as to why his whole point on jetlag is in comparison to other sports..... baseball players for the most part are parked in 1 city 2-4 days and then travel