• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mitchy moo
    Roways rooking ahread!
    • Sep 2005

TBN: Bills / Giants game looks to be played at night

NBC is looking for a game to replace the dog currently scheduled — Tampa Bay-San Francisco. If the Bills win Sunday over winless Miami, there is a very good chance that NBC will flex the game and ruin your Christmas shopping plans.

• Mitchy moo
    Roways rooking ahread!
    • Sep 2005

Re: TBN: Bills / Giants game looks to be played at night

This would make 3 primetime games for the Bills, all 3 of them at home. Wow.

Comment

• patmoran2006
      Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
      • Dec 2005

I really hope this DOESNT HAPPEN, I think its a BAD idea. This game isn't sold out yet right?

And skooby, how do you mean this would be the fourth prime time game? Im' confused.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• Mitchy moo
        Roways rooking ahread!
        • Sep 2005

Originally posted by patmoran2006
        I really hope this DOESNT HAPPEN, I think its a BAD idea. This game isn't sold out yet right?

And skooby, how do you mean this would be the fourth prime time game? Im' confused.
        Actually, I love the idea and think it's time for us to win and be taken seriously. I corrected the amount of pt games as well.

Comment

• patmoran2006
          Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
          • Dec 2005

When does the decision have to be made by?

Comment

• Michael82
            • Jul 2002

I hate this idea and am praying that it doesn't happen.

Comment

• Patrick76777
              • Jul 2002

When does the decision have to be made by?

Monday or Tuesday.

The thing that stinks is that, if my calculations are correct, if both Buffalo and Cleveland win this week, a loss to Cleveland next week will eliminate us. We'd be 2 and a half back with 2 to go. Plus unless Jville tanks, it'll be tough to catch them.

I'd hate to get the game, go down to Cleveland and lose and then have the night game be meaningless.

Of course, if we win the next 2, it puts us in GREAT shape and a night game vs. the Giants could be a HUGE advantage.

Think about it, sure someone like Op would say that we're 0-2 in home night games this year so it's not that much of an advantage. But we just happened to play 2 of the best teams in the league in those games. Teams with a combined record of 23-1. And we almost beat one of them. The Giants are not even close to being in that class. IMO, that's a winnable game and if you put it at night, at home, it's even more winnable. You could be one suprise Cleveland loss away from clinching the Wild Card that night!

Of course for that to happen, we need to take care of business the next two weeks.
              Resign our own guys!

Comment

• patmoran2006
                Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Patrick76777
                Monday or Tuesday.

The thing that stinks is that, if my calculations are correct, if both Buffalo and Cleveland win this week, a loss to Cleveland next week will eliminate us. We'd be 2 and a half back with 2 to go. Plus unless Jville tanks, it'll be tough to catch them.
                You're just about correct. We'd be unable to catch Cleveland, and the jags, who already would own the tiebreaker over us, would have to lose out their last four games, and Tenn would have to lose 3 of 4. Obviously, all of that isn't happening.

I'd hate to get the game, go down to Cleveland and lose and then have the night game be meaningless.
                Of course I pray we beat Cleveland, but this is as bad a matchup outside of NE as we've had this year. With the Browns, you are NOT winning without scoring 21+ points. Our offense hasn't done that enough this year. Sure, we can definitely beat them, but it won't be 13-10 I can assure you that.

Of course, if we win the next 2, it puts us in GREAT shape and a night game vs. the Giants could be a HUGE advantage.
                If we win the next two games (which would include Cleveland) and Tenn loses at least one of their next two, even if we lost the Giants we'd still be in it going into week #17. Assuming we get by Miami, the season starts and ends in Cleveland. THAT'S the game NBC should've put on prime time. That will be like a mini- playoff game, if Tenn continues to tank a bit.

Think about it, sure someone like Op would say that we're 0-2 in home night games this year so it's not that much of an advantage. But we just happened to play 2 of the best teams in the league in those games. Teams with a combined record of 23-1. And we almost beat one of them. The Giants are not even close to being in that class. IMO, that's a winnable game and if you put it at night, at home, it's even more winnable. You could be one suprise Cleveland loss away from clinching the Wild Card that night!
                We played THE BEST two teams in the league at night; NE and Dallas. NO shame in losing to them.

Of course for that to happen, we need to take care of business the next two weeks.

Comment

• clumping platelets

Only single tickets remain...........it will be a sellout

Comment

• RockStar36
                    Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
                    • Sep 2004

I would actually think this sucks. I love the primetime games, I love them at home, but not the night of my big family x-mas party. They already think I'm a jerk for watching football during it but if the I left to watch the Bills that would be a different story.

D & S Sports

Comment

• Don't Panic
                      All-Pro Zoner
                      • Dec 2005

I feel bad for those in the Buffalo area, as I'm sure a night game in December is not the most optimal situation. Still, a lot needs to happen between now and then to make that a reality, so take heart. The rub is that if we're not playing that night, chances are we're eliminated from playoff contention. A bit of a catch 22. For selfish reasons (seeing that I won't have to go to a sports bar), I wouldn't mind the switch to a night game.... especially if it meant we're still playoff eligible.

Comment

• realdealryan
                        realdealrex
                        • Nov 2005

Seriously. My lady got me tickets, we got a room for Saturday night in Buffalo, and then drive to family in Rochester after the game. But a night game will keep us in Buffalo another night and make it a very short visit with the family.

On the flip side, won't it be one big party on Sunday? I've never tailgated before a night game.

Comment

• Michael82
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by bwbrenton
                          The rub is that if we're not playing that night, chances are we're eliminated from playoff contention. A bit of a catch 22. For selfish reasons (seeing that I won't have to go to a sports bar)
                          That is not true. They have to decide whether or not to give us the night game by this Monday or Tuesday. It has to be 12 days in advance. No less. So, the rub is that we could get the night game (if we beat the Dolphins, but then if the Bills lose to the Browns next week, the game would be meaningless). This is why I don't see them flexing our game. I think it will be the Minnesota-Washington game. They'll use the Sean Taylor story for Washington, plus the fact that they are still alive. Plus the Adrian Peterson and the Vikings fighting for the playoffs.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                            • Mar 2004

Meh. It would be great because I only have to work a half day the next day. I hate waiting all day Sunday to watch the Bills, however. 1:00 is my favourite game time.

Comment

Working...
                            X