PDA

View Full Version : On Evans bobble catch...

madness
12-08-2007, 02:23 PM
I was watching AFC Playbook on NFLN this morning and I noticed something on that catch where Evans had to come back behind the defender that I didn't see the first time.

Edwards' pass was tipped at the line after he released it. It would have been interesting to see if he would have connected for a TD on that play. Evans had a step on his man and all that was left was to chase down the ball.

It was definitely nice to see Lee go up and grab that ball though.

feldspar
12-08-2007, 02:24 PM
Evans had to catch that ball.

He dropped a ball on the previous play.

YardRat
12-08-2007, 02:46 PM
It was a great catch. Edwards' needs to work on the balls that get batted/tipped at the line....He seems to have at least 2-3 every game.

Mahdi
12-08-2007, 03:20 PM
It was a great catch. Edwards' needs to work on the balls that get batted/tipped at the line....He seems to have at least 2-3 every game.
I dont know why that is,,, he's 6'4".... shouldnt happen as often as it is....maybe he has a bit of a side-arm release.

YardRat
12-08-2007, 03:30 PM
I dont know why that is,,, he's 6'4".... shouldnt happen as often as it is....maybe he has a bit of a side-arm release.

He does...It's really obvious when you see a replay facing him, from the WR's perspective. Sometimes his release almost looks half-sidearm/half shotput.

I'm not being critical of TE's mechanics BTW...just an observation.

Oaf
12-08-2007, 04:51 PM
No way that's a TD even it's a perfect pass. That slant he dropped could have been though because I don't think the safety who was on Royal could have made it back and stopped him.