PDA

View Full Version : What'd I tell you guys about Randy Moss?

DynaPaul
12-08-2007, 05:40 PM
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/s_541558.html

"I know he doesn't like to get hit, man," Carter said. "Randy Moss doesn't like to get hit. I played with him in Minnesota (2000-02). The main thing he had problems with was when guys got in his face, jamming him at the line, hitting him when they got a chance and getting him off his normal pace."

"I saw Randy get hit a couple of times by (Ravens safety Ed) Reed, and one time, he was kind of looking to see if the safety was going to be in there," Carter said. "But that's every receiver. You only have a few receivers who (make the catch) and take the big hits, and Randy is not one of 'em."

Paul

Devin
12-08-2007, 05:44 PM
I hope that guy gets lit up.

I want nothing more then to see Moss go over the middle and get obliterated by someone.

Course I also hope Brady gets raped by a gaggle of silver back gorillas so thats not saying much.

God I hate NE.

YardRat
12-08-2007, 05:56 PM
That's been the book on Moss...he doesn't like getting hit.

BTW...It's band of gorillas...gaggle of geese:D

http://www.rinkworks.com/words/collective.shtml

Not to comment off-topic, but isn't it hilarious that it's a congress of baboons?

Devin
12-08-2007, 05:57 PM
:rofl:

Ickybaluky
12-08-2007, 11:27 PM
Question: Who are all the guys who do like getting hit, and how many of them have scored 17 TDs?

Night Train
12-09-2007, 10:26 AM
Question: Who are all the guys who do like getting hit, and how many of them have scored 17 TDs?

You beat me to it. I was just typing his season stats that most any WR can only dream of.

YardRat
12-09-2007, 10:43 AM

Please...Honestly tell us that Moss doesn't have a history of turtling-up after getting popped a couple of times.

How many of Moss's TD's have come on patterns over the middle or in heavy traffic?

Ickybaluky
12-09-2007, 06:47 PM
Please...Honestly tell us that Moss doesn't have a history of turtling-up after getting popped a couple of times.

How many of Moss's TD's have come on patterns over the middle or in heavy traffic?

He may have in Oakland or Minnesota, but not in NE.

He has done everything they have asked him to do and more. He has played more snaps than any other skill position player on the team. He may have quit on Oakland, but he has been a team leader in NE.

Bottom line is the guy is on pace for 101 catches, 1,556 Yards and 23 TDs. He must be doing something right.

And... none of that takes into account the effect he has on a defense even when he doesn't catch the ball. When he is in the game, the S are playing 30 yards deep and rolling coverage to his side. Don't you think that has something to do with guys getting open underneath?

Mr. Pink
12-09-2007, 06:50 PM

Braylon Edwards, but he only has 13 TDs. Is that ok?

DynaPaul
12-09-2007, 07:09 PM
There are quite few receivers who take the big hits to make a play. Hell even Johnson and TO take them.

Ickybaluky
12-09-2007, 09:31 PM
Braylon Edwards, but he only has 13 TDs. Is that ok?

He likes getting hit? I don't think so, he is smarter than that.

There isn't another WR in the NFL I'd take over Moss. Even when he isn't in the play, he effects the defense. He changes the whole dynamic of how teams play NE just by being on the field.

Mr. Pink
12-09-2007, 09:54 PM

He gets hit constantly and sells his body out on every throw. I'm sure he doesn't like getting hit, like you said, most don't...difference is it doesn't deter his game. Nor is he afraid of the hit or get knocked off his game because of it.

!Papacrunk!
12-10-2007, 04:45 PM
it's utterly amazing how great Randy Moss is playing...now that he is on a winning team. Where was THIS Randy Moss when the Vikes started to struggle or where was this Randy Moss when the Oakland Raiders mightilly struggled? It could be a coincidence, he did seem to suffer from some nagging injuries in Oakland, but it's very hard to dispel the "I play when I want to play" attitude. If that's true then that's pretty ****ty stuff IMO.

mybills
12-11-2007, 07:33 AM
he grewed up.

RockStar36
12-15-2007, 11:43 PM

There isn't another WR in the NFL I'd take over Moss. Even when he isn't in the play, he effects the defense. He changes the whole dynamic of how teams play NE just by being on the field.

I'd take Hines Ward. He is the total package.

Ickybaluky
12-16-2007, 05:16 PM
I'd take Hines Ward. He is the total package.

Your crazy, then. There are a number of WR I'd take over Hines.

Granted, Hines is a great player in his own right, and his effort and team play can't be denied, but he isn't a difference-maker who is going to make a team completely change the way a defense plays you. He and Moss came into the NFL the same year, and Moss has almost twice as many TDs.