PDA

View Full Version : Bills Scouting Report

YardRat
12-09-2007, 06:56 AM
http://www.democratandchronicle.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071209/SPORTS03/712090330/1007/SPORTS

Switching quarterbacks last week didn't exactly snap the Bills out of their offensive doldrums. Trent Edwards replaced J.P. Losman and led the Bills to no touchdowns and five field goals, but it was enough to beat the Redskins. Interestingly, it might be enough to beat the hapless Dolphins as well, but the Bills are hoping that Edwards starts finding his groove, especially with high-scoring Cleveland on the horizon next week. The Bills might have RB Marshawn Lynch back today, but even if he can't play or is limited, Fred Jackson proved last week he's more than capable of taking on a full workload and producing. Regardless of which back plays, the Dolphins will have trouble holding up as they rank dead last in the NFL in run defense. Edwards took a few more shots downfield against the Redskins than he had in the past, and if the Bills can get the run game established, it should open things up in the passing game. Don't buy into Miami's No. 3 pass defense ranking. Teams have had so much success running, they haven't had to pass, yet when they do throw, Miami, which has gone through almost as many safeties this year as it has losses on its record, gives up the third-most yards per attempt.

Don't Panic
12-09-2007, 08:20 AM
Depending on weather, I don't see the ball hitting the air too much today. A healthy diet of Lynch, Jackson and Wright should be all it takes to get the job done. Trent can worry about opening it up against Cleveland.

Confused
12-09-2007, 08:29 AM
as long as we win and trent doesnt bore me to tears i'll be happy

MTBillsFan
12-09-2007, 08:46 AM
Weather report said wind shouldn't be a factor! Run the Beast!

!Papacrunk!
12-09-2007, 09:48 AM
Weather report said wind shouldn't be a factor! Run the Beast!

that's good, snow's one thing but when the wind is terrible that a team won't go for a FG 20 yards or more out, then it's a problem. Somethign that has happened the last some years it seemed

YardRat
12-09-2007, 10:48 AM
as long as we win and trent doesnt bore me to tears i'll be happy

Would you rather lose and have Trent have a record-breaking day?