PDA

View Full Version : Marv

The King
12-09-2007, 04:14 PM
Action Jackson.... Trent... Marshawn....

disgusting......

YardRat
12-09-2007, 04:17 PM
It would be nice if he could shed the negative label he has from FA acquisitions. One or two really positive signings this off-season could go a long way.

tampabay25690
12-09-2007, 05:05 PM
LANCE BRIGGS ANYONE????

Ebenezer
12-09-2007, 05:19 PM
the only clunker was Yabouty.

Ed
12-09-2007, 05:20 PM
the only clunker was Yabouty.

Still too early. I thought Youboty actually looked pretty good today.

Forward_Lateral
12-09-2007, 05:21 PM
LANCE BRIGGS ANYONE????

He'll be a 49er. You can bet on that.

Ebenezer
12-09-2007, 05:29 PM
Still too early. I thought Youboty actually looked pretty good today.
It is early but I don't see it happening.

Ed
12-09-2007, 05:31 PM
It is early but I don't see it happening.
Fair enough, but that doesn't make him a bust yet.

colin
12-09-2007, 05:39 PM
LANCE BRIGGS ANYONE????

he's a jauran guy too.

he poz and crow = serious lbs

Michael82
12-10-2007, 01:02 PM
It would be nice if he could shed the negative label he has from FA acquisitions. One or two really positive signings this off-season could go a long way.
Langston Walker has helped in that. So has Derrick Dockery and Michael Gaines. :up:

Mr. Miyagi
12-10-2007, 01:04 PM
How's Briggs playing this season? Haven't heard his name much. Is he hurt?

Michael82
12-10-2007, 01:09 PM

disgusting......
Not to mention....

Donte Whitner - I don't give a **** what anyone says. He's been our best DB this year and is an amazing hitter! :up:

John McCargo - Been a big part of our improved DL. He's gotten much better this year and helps plug the middle.

Kyle Williams - Done a pretty good job, just needs to get more consistent!

Ko Simpson - I thought he was pretty good last season and was shining in camp. Will be better than we we have at FS currently.

Brad Butler - Been a solid RG and has helped keep Trent Edwards without an sacks the last two weeks.

Keith Ellison - People forget that he was ONLY a 6th round draft pick. He has been decent, but been our weaker spots on LB.

Then for this draft.....

Don't forget Poz! He was looking like a stud earlier in the year before he got injured. I think he will be a star when he comes back.

bigbub2352
12-10-2007, 01:13 PM
I would luv to see Carlos Dansby from the ARZ to come here and play he makes plays every week u never hear about it cause he plays for the Cardinals, him Poz and Crowell would be lights out, he is big and a former 1st rounder out of Auburn, and only 25, then draft another DT and maybe another CB otherwise next year D should be set and after this year have good depth as well

The Answer
12-10-2007, 01:13 PM

disgusting......

Let's not forget about 'The Digi' either - this italian stallion has been L.A.R.G.E.!!!!!

~The Answer

Ebenezer
12-10-2007, 01:21 PM
Let's not forget about 'The Digi' either - this italian stallion has been L.A.R.G.E.!!!!!

~The Answer
he's still picking up his equiment that was strewn on the field yesterday when Booker or Gado deeked the crap out of him...

YardRat
12-10-2007, 01:25 PM
Langston Walker has helped in that. So has Derrick Dockery and Michael Gaines. :up:

Now that the o-line is starting to gel and the TE's are being involved in the offense more I would agree. Some started pissing their pants right from the first day of training camp that the moves were '******ed' and too expensive, though.

The Answer
12-10-2007, 01:26 PM
he's still picking up his equiment that was strewn on the field yesterday when Booker or Gado deeked the crap out of him...

He did wiff on a tackle yesterday - but The Digi has been the equivalent of Studwards on offense since being inserted into the starting lineup - L.A.R.G.E.

~The Answer

Michael82
12-10-2007, 02:02 PM
Now that the o-line is starting to gel and the TE's are being involved in the offense more I would agree. Some started pissing their pants right from the first day of training camp that the moves were '******ed' and too expensive, though.
Well, the biggest thing is...we have finally played a whole year with the same starters on OL. They have had the time to gel and that is a HUGE positive! :up:

OpIv37
12-10-2007, 02:06 PM

it's not a label-it's a situation he created for himself.

Of course, Robert Royal had a great game yesterday, so everyone is going to overlook his fumble last week and two seasons of mediocrity and bonehead plays, so reality isn't going to get me anywhere.

John Doe
12-10-2007, 02:38 PM
Hiring Marv was really a great move.

The guy is bringing the Bills back.

Jaybird
12-10-2007, 05:25 PM
dc drafted briggs....how about them apples....... Marv was also a chicago guy. It would be nice to have. How about connor from pen state, playing next to his old buddy poz!!!!

The Jokeman
12-10-2007, 05:43 PM
He'll be a 49er. You can bet on that.
Which could open the door to the Bills trading JP to San Francisco for LB Brandon Moore and a conditional 2009 draft pick.

patmoran2006
12-10-2007, 06:04 PM
Add Langston Walker to the list of positive's signings. He's very much been worth the money.

The problem with Marv guys is they seem to be BIG TIME hit or miss.

I will give him this. Whether its him or someone else, this team is really good at picking up obscure talent and making them contributors.

Jackson, DiGiorgio, Wilson.

Ed
12-10-2007, 06:15 PM
Add Langston Walker to the list of positive's signings. He's very much been worth the money.

The problem with Marv guys is they seem to be BIG TIME hit or miss.

I will give him this. Whether its him or someone else, this team is really good at picking up obscure talent and making them contributors.

Jackson, DiGiorgio, Wilson.
Who would you consider a BIG TIME miss?

patmoran2006
12-10-2007, 06:20 PM
Who would you consider a BIG TIME miss?
Chris Kelsay. He's very little if at all better than either Denny or especially Hargrove. That $6 million per could've landed us a much better player at a more needed position, such as a center, another quality CB or maybe an upgrade over Kyle Williams (who's been very decent) at the 1-gap DT.

He had a good game, but I still Robert "Mistake" Royal a bust until I see a string of decent/good games... Matt Bowen, Craig Nall, Tutan Reyes- waste of money. And though it's an afterthought now, Reyes was brought in and did start, and Bowen was expected to contribute a lot.

We could've done MUCH better at WR than Peerless Price.

What our organization HAS done a great job of (And I dont know how much Marv deserves credit, I'm sure it's more than him) is finding guys nobody knew or gave a **** about and having them be good contributors.

The Jokeman
12-10-2007, 06:21 PM
Chris Kelsay. He's very little if at all better than either Denny or especially Hargrove. That $6 million per could've landed us a much better player at a more needed position, such as a center, another quality CB or maybe an upgrade over Kyle Williams (who's been very decent) at the 1-gap DT.

He had a good game, but I still Robert "Mistake" Royal a bust until I see a string of decent/good games... Matt Bowen, Craig Nall, Tutan Reyes- waste of money. And though it's an afterthought now, Reyes was brought in and did start, and Bowen was expected to contribute a lot.

What our organization HAS done a great job of (And I dont know how much Marv deserves credit, I'm sure it's more than him) is finding guys nobody knew or gave a **** about and having them be good contributors.

You bring up some valid points as it seems to me Marv for slightly above average guys who in most cases are best served as backups to come here and start. Such as Peerless Price, Larry Tripplett and Robert Royal are among those on that list. As think it comes down to him hoping they can turn things around and become better ie give him a chance to shine. That's why I think a guy like Bryant Johnson would fit in with this team next year. Or if looking for even lesser name one guy who might be out there is Ruvell Martin.

Ed
12-10-2007, 06:32 PM

Yeah, those guys didn't really do anything, but I wouldn't consider them big time misses. It's not like a whole lot was expected of them.

I consider big time misses to be guys like Mike Williams. High draft pick, huge contract, expectations of being a top starter. Guys that take huge investments and totally flop.

patmoran2006
12-10-2007, 06:35 PM
Yeah, those guys didn't really do anything, but I wouldn't consider them big time misses. It's not like a whole lot was expected of them.

I consider big time misses to be guys like Mike Williams. High draft pick, huge contract, expectations of being a top starter. Guys that take huge investments and totally flop.
Okay, then by your criteria, I select Kelsay.

It's not that he sucks, he obviously doesn't. I just think it was a big mistake to spend that money there instead of somewhere else.

BTW to get semi-off the subject. I think Hargrove is a GANGSTER. He's going to be starting somewhere I guarentee it unless we cough up some dough.. GIven the investment in Schobel and Kelsay, I doubt that happens.

Ed
12-10-2007, 06:43 PM
Okay, then by your criteria, I select Kelsay.

It's not that he sucks, he obviously doesn't. I just think it was a big mistake to spend that money there instead of somewhere else.

BTW to get semi-off the subject. I think Hargrove is a GANGSTER. He's going to be starting somewhere I guarentee it unless we cough up some dough.. GIven the investment in Schobel and Kelsay, I doubt that happens.
Fair enough, but I don't view Kelsay as a bust. I think he's pretty solid and a good team leader. Given the market, I don't know that his contract is that outrageous either. I don't know what would have been a better investment either. It's not like there was a whole lot to choose from this past off-season. And even if you're willing to spend, you still have to compete with other teams.