PDA

View Full Version : So do the Bills control their own destiny yet?

Meathead
12-09-2007, 07:45 PM
i saw somebody post that if buf/ten/cle all end up 10-6 the bills are out but nobody ever confirmed that

now that the titans have lost to an afc team does that change anything

Billzz
12-09-2007, 07:47 PM
They have controlled it since the first game of the year. Point being lets just win against the Browns then start throwing the scenarios around.

im4bflo
12-09-2007, 07:49 PM
Right, one game at a time, and every one is important.
Let's just win them all! :up:
That's the only thing we have control of.

Meathead
12-09-2007, 07:53 PM
yeah how poetic

so can anybody answer the question

Billzz
12-09-2007, 08:04 PM
yeah how poetic

so can anybody answer the question

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=141427

The search engine is your friend.

Meathead
12-09-2007, 08:21 PM
if someone wants to answer the question directly i would appreciate it

if somone wants to play riddle games and post links to long threads that dont answer the question please go play with used syringes

odin
12-09-2007, 08:23 PM
no

Billzz
12-09-2007, 08:24 PM

if somone wants to play riddle games and post links to long threads that dont answer the question please go play with used syringes

I don't like syringes so here.

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=140957

Yes we control our own destiny.

im4bflo
12-09-2007, 08:25 PM
no

YardRat
12-09-2007, 08:27 PM

:rofl:

My guess would be that Buffalo would win the tie-breaker over Cleveland by virtue of head-to-head and we beat them, and over Tennessee by virtue of a better record against common opponents.

SyraBillsLican
12-09-2007, 08:34 PM
No we do not.

if the bills, titans, and browns all finish 10-6, the bills are eliminated.

for the bills to get in, they need to

1) win out
2) have Cleveland(other than buffalo) or Tennessee lose ONE more game in the next 3 weeks.

thats all.

VooDoo80
12-09-2007, 08:42 PM
Well Tenn has to play colts still. Tenn is swan diving. As long as we take care of business. It's gravy

Meathead
12-09-2007, 08:43 PM
thats what i was afraid of

it seems really strange to me that we own tiebreakers against both teams but if we end up tied with both at 10-6 we are out

my understanding is that if they all finish 9-7 with the bills beating the browns then the bills are probably in. hmm

now that thats out of the way the annoying poets earlier can have their moment - all that really matters is next week at cle. and if thats not bad enough the giants are also fighting for their playoff lives, albeit less urgently, the following week. at least the eagles are crashing and burning but they might want to try to make that last game a statement

so i would guess the odds remain the same as they were before today, around ten percent

Billzz
12-09-2007, 08:46 PM
thats what i was afraid of

it seems really strange to me that we own tiebreakers against both teams but if we end up tied with both at 10-6 we are out

my understanding is that if they all finish 9-7 with the bills beating the browns then the bills are probably in. hmm

now that thats out of the way the annoying poets earlier can have their moment - all that really matters is next week at cle. and if thats not bad enough the giants are also fighting for their playoff lives, albeit less urgently, the following week. at least the eagles are crashing and burning but they might want to try to make that last game a statement

so i would guess the odds remain the same as they were before today, around ten percent

Thank you for letting me have my moment back.

SyraBillsLican
12-09-2007, 08:47 PM
i believe if we all end up at 9-7, then yes, the bills get in because tennessee will have a worse conference record than the bills and then well beat cleveland with that head to head matchup.....

but if cleveland and tennessee both lose again, then the bills should be in at 10-6 anyway.....

so if the browns and titans want to help, theyll lose

BillyT92679
12-09-2007, 09:42 PM
Yes, if we win next week and the we finish 9-7 along with the Titans and Browns finishing 9-7, we make it in (assuming the Broncos and Texans lose another game along the way too) We'd have a better conference record than both teams
If we finish 10-6 with the Titans and Browns also finishing 10-6, we're out since it goes to the Fifth Tiebreaker, Strength of Victory

TigerJ
12-09-2007, 09:45 PM
I'm not too worried. The biggest factor in the equation, the biggest obstacle is the Bills have to win out. Mathematically, there may be other ways for Buffalo to get in, but practically speaking, that's what they have to do. If they do that, Cleveland is taken care of. The only way Tennessee beats the Colts is if the Colts rest half their starters including Peyton Manning. I truly hope they don't do that.

BillyT92679
12-09-2007, 10:10 PM
Heck, I don't see why the Texans couldn't beat the Titans.

m76
12-09-2007, 10:45 PM
in reality(well not actual reality) next week is the playoffs.. and i can't wait.. i'll be there goin nuts and if we win we continue if not then we're in big trouble.. tennessee will choke either way and cleveland is smoke and mirrors

SyraBillsLican
12-09-2007, 10:55 PM
i will also be there, dressed in 83 and blue and psyched for victory