PDA

View Full Version : Did Trent look-off anybody today?

Meathead
12-10-2007, 12:59 AM
obviously great game by trent nice to see him finally break out of the td drought

gotta ask though, since hes correctly made an issue of it himself, i didnt see him look off anybody today. im sure he must have but just watching the replays every one of his significant passes today he locked on one guy

cant fault the results of course but if he does that against a good d theyre gonna exploit it

just hoping somebody saw something i didnt

LABillsFan
12-10-2007, 01:08 AM
I felt like he did lock on to his WR's. But then I can't see where his eyes are looking, only his helmet.

Night Train
12-10-2007, 02:26 AM
Sometimes he didn't progress through his reads but I'm remembering he's still a rookie and finding his comfort zone. He missed Reed wide open in the middle of the field a few times. Not unexpected at this juncture.

Then again, he threw for 4 TD's and built up confidence against a team that has obviously quit. He could have a rough day next week but I'm not going to ride the emotional roller coaster each game. He still looks to have a good upside, long term.

That was a nice bomb to Evans.

mybills
12-10-2007, 04:42 AM
He made a few rookie mistakes, like throwing behind Roscoe and I think Royal, but I did see him look off a couple of times so he's improving on that. The kid really impressed me with those bombs..it was nice to see control unlike last week when he over threw to Roscoe.
He gets a :10: from me. :D

mybills
12-10-2007, 04:44 AM
That was a nice bomb to Evans.
Remember when he said he was learning from the sidelines? He learned that from JP! :D

TacklingDummy
12-10-2007, 05:17 AM
Remember when he said he was learning from the sidelines? He learned that from JP! :D

Learned what not to do.

But JP Lickers always said that JP couldn't learn from the sidelines.

mybills
12-10-2007, 05:21 AM
Learned what not to do.

:blah:

He learned how to throw that bomb to Evans! In case your JP hatred blinds you, that's a GOOD thing! Yay Trent! :bf1:

YardRat
12-10-2007, 05:34 AM
I caught some attempts where it looked like he locked on, others where it was obvious he going through his progressions, and then a few where it appeared he was making his first read and moving to the second between the time he took the snap and took his first step back on his drop so it somewhat looked like he was locked but actually might not have been.

The more experience he gets the better he'll be at it and the more he'll be able to use it as a 'weapon' to freeze safeties, pull LB's out of a zone, etc.

mybills
12-10-2007, 05:37 AM
He's deffenlly improving!