PDA

View Full Version : Bar story: Weekly bet with opponent for pie in the face

G. Host
12-10-2007, 01:06 AM
Jimmy, the owner of Jimmy's Old Town Tavern, regularly offers to bet a pie in the face with opposing fans. Jimmy had a live one today who did not even back down after three TDs and Jimmy offered to let him high five everyone in the bar instead after next Bills score.

Jimmy's was full and maybe overfull and a number of people left after the half - some with small children can not stay entire game - so place was still full as more people came in including another Fin fan who had made a bet with Jimmy, forgot about the game and rushed there to make sure he was not thought as a welcher.

This game Jimmy was raising money for a Veterans charity with some books "Tale of the Tape" that Abe signed but most were at the annual outdoor tailgate and not all were sold. In the fourth quarter with game in hand Jimmy offers to allow someone else put the pie in the face - whomever was willing to donate the highest amount to charity and $25 was the top offer. The Dolphin fan said he'd take as many pies in the face for the charity as the Bills fans could give at $10 a pop and so a large number of people say they will do it.

Game over, Bills win and the crowd moves outside where the pie throwing (more shoving) is going to go on. The two Fin Fans have taken off their gear and have black plastic bags put over themselves and the winner takes first shot with a pie. Traffic is starting to stop wondering what is going on. All of the people who are willing to donate have taken their shots and they are a mess. Uncle Dave declares we have $95 and get ready to hose them down when I step up saying I have a $20 and I will lay a pie on each of them simultaneously. Nobody including Uncle Dave knew about this finale. I pick up the pies after divesting myself from Bills gear and hit each of them in the face with a pie - chocolate splatters everywhere and one gets an ear full.

The Fin Fans clean up mostly and they get their picture taken with me but I tell them it is not over yet for there are STILL pies left. I say they are for THEM to hit me with and they refuse saying it was a bet they lost but I tell them that the Bills fans are as good fans as any Fish fan, they did a good deed for a good charity and I do not want us to be sore winners so they conceded and both simultaneously hit me with a pie. I left my mouth open to get a taste but I would have preferred Dolphin Lemon pudding.

More pictures with the Dolphin fans and me still with stained chocolate T-shirts and then one more with us and the "chef" behind us. They go back in to the bar and the staff cleans up but what do I find? A Dolphins cap. I was real tempted to fill it with Chocolate pudding but I didn't for it was the staff's Christmas party today at 5 PM and they need to clean up before it so I just wore it inside with snickers from others trying to fit the small hat on my head. Finally the Dolphin turns around, sees me and laughs with me telling him I did not want him to forget his reminder about the squishing. Another handshake and I am gone.

Jimmy's is a real fun place to watch the game. Many of the staff are fans of other teams (Cowboys, Ravens, Redskins, Lions, Browns) but all fans are welcome as long as everyone understands when the Bills are on all of the TVs show the Bills to last play except sometimes the one at the bar for some of the elderly Redskin fans who live in area.

Meathead
12-10-2007, 01:38 AM
good story

but they made those pies with xlax

Mitchy moo
12-10-2007, 06:33 AM
good story

but they made those pies with xlax

Is there any other way?