X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tatonka
    • Jul 2002

I love Lynch, BUT...

He really really needs to learn to go down earlier in a lot of situations. It seems like every time he runs, he moves a pile of 10 or 11 defenders an extra few inches.. and in certain situations, that is awesome.. but in other situations, it is unecessary, and it is going to end up getting his legs rolled up on, ankle busted up (like it did), or getting the ball stripped because he has so many guys pulling away.

Lynch, you got beast mode.. i get it.. and i love it.. just use it in moderation!
    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe
  • cocamide
    • Oct 2006

Re: I love Lynch, BUT...

I completely agree. I'm sure it gives Jauron a heart attack every time he sees it too. It's tough to ask a guy to get tackled, but he needs to if he wants to last in this league for any significant amount of time.

Comment

• BILLSROCK1212
      !?!?!?!?!?
      • Mar 2006

he has the rookie excuse for npw

Comment

• BuffaloBillsStampede
        • Aug 2005

I disagree one hundred percent. If he wasn't getting extra yards then maybe but he gets an extra 4 or 5 usually. It's football and there are injuries risks on every play. His job is to move the chains and thats what he does.
        SUPER MARIO PLEASE COME TO BUFFALO!!!!

Comment

• Mahdi
          • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Tatonka
          He really really needs to learn to go down earlier in a lot of situations. It seems like every time he runs, he moves a pile of 10 or 11 defenders an extra few inches.. and in certain situations, that is awesome.. but in other situations, it is unecessary, and it is going to end up getting his legs rolled up on, ankle busted up (like it did), or getting the ball stripped because he has so many guys pulling away.

Lynch, you got beast mode.. i get it.. and i love it.. just use it in moderation!
          I get what yer saying and I get worried also...but he could get injured just as easily if he would let go. Falling backwards is more dangerous than pushing and falling forwards.

Comment

• Tatonka
            • Jul 2002

it just seems dangerous.. im not talking about breaking a few tackles and getting the extra few yards.. i am talking about running into a pile of 10 guys and pushing until his legs buckle and then he ends up under the bottom of the pile, when he is already past the 1st down marker.

im not asking him not to play hard.. im asking him to play smart.. watch Tomlinson and you will see what i mean.

Lynch will be hurt regularly and have a short career if he doesnt learn when to take a hit, when to go down, and when to go for the extra yards.
            "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Meathead
              Insufferable prick and perpetual crybaby
              • Jul 2002

of course. i said this a couple months ago and got blasted for it. oh mh you cant ask a guy to stop giving it his all blah blah blah

well just like i said with roscoe doing his superman imitation all over the practice field and busting his wrist over it, if thats such a great way to be all the time why isnt every nfl player doing it

because its stupid

sure theres a judgment to be made, when will fighting five guys to get extra yardage result in a key gain and when is it unnecessarily exposing yourself to injury. theres a risk/reward equation here and right now marshawn is risking too often for not enough gain

ironically the play he got injured on was a key first down situation so i cant fault him for that one. but sooner or later hes gonna blow out a knee or ankle just trying to be beastman for another half yard and then yall are gonna be pissed

if they havent done it already the coaches should sit with him over some film and show him when and where to be beastman

and we dont see roscoe trying to leap the tallest buildings in practice no more now do we
              One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• Tatonka
                • Jul 2002

exactly.

guys like Tomlinson dont play for as long as they have by doing that.. Emmitt Smith was known for being a bull at times.. but he didnt do it all the time..

where as Earl Campbell did do it all the time.. and look how short his career was..

Comment

• Billzz
                  • Sep 2003

He is young and that is his running style. He will slow down over the next few years and not take so many head on hits, but it's not gonna happen this year.

Comment

Working...
                  X