PDA

View Full Version : Cleveland Preperation

NorthCarBills
12-10-2007, 09:28 AM
Just listing a few things that immediately come to mind heading into this game. Would love to see more from members of this board.

1. Definitely a playoff game for us. One as important as the Pitt game we blew a few years back, but this time we are playing a team that needs the win as bad, and they are not starting 2nd stringers (though time showed Willie Parker is a great RB). Mental toughness and readiness is absolutely essential. Hoping beyond a doubt our coaches give their "A+" effort.

2. Lewis vs. our run defense. Gado's not a bad RB, but his big runs this week make me wonder how Lewis will matchup next week. No doubt Trips, McCargo and Kyle have to have a big day.

3. Winslow vs. Bills safeties. Wilson being out will hurt, so our secondary is immediately a question mark. Scott, Leonhard, or whoever has to step in, but honestly I think Winslow will be too much.

4. Browns WRs vs. Bills CBs. Edwards has really turned his career around this year, and Jurevicius always seems to make the big play when needed. Need big support from whoever our nickel is next week.

5. Anderson. Used a ton of playaction successfully in this week's game against the Jets. Just something I noticed in how they setup a good running game.

6. Bills RBs vs. Browns DL. Thomas Jones ran pretty well against the Browns. I think a heavy and steady dose of Beast and Fred will prove to be our biggest key to victory.

The King
12-10-2007, 09:49 AM
This is the week you see Anderson is just a flash in the pan.

We need to play ball control football give em a heavy dose of Lynch and Action Jackson. Then let Trent heave a few. Its a very very winable game for us.

Mitchy moo
12-10-2007, 09:54 AM
This is the week you see Anderson is just a flash in the pan.

We need to play ball control football give em a heavy dose of Lynch and Action Jackson. Then let Trent heave a few. Its a very very winable game for us.

This is just about what I think as well. 1 -2 punch of ML / FJ and Trent will get some big shots downfield.

Jeff1220
12-10-2007, 10:21 AM
What I like:
- Buffalo's two headed RB. They both need to have a big day, eat up clock and keep the ball away from the Brownies.
-Trent. He has been outstanding given his experience. He really has to control the clock in this game, but the Browns score a lot, so it's important to not settle for FGs.
-Takeaways. The Bills D is not great, but they are opportunistic. Getting the Browns to turn the ball over is going to be a huge key for getting the W.

What scares me:
-Jamal Lewis is both big and fast. He is the kind of back the tends to rip the Buffalo D.
-KII. Good TEs (and big WRs) seem like they have their way with our D.

Bottom line - the Bills really need to try to get ahead early. The Browns fans are just as surprised and pumped by their team's standing as Bills fans are with theirs. A fast start will ake the crowd out of the game and force Cleveland into obvious passing situations.

trapezeus
12-10-2007, 11:12 AM
special teams points will be needed to sway momentum. i know donte whitner said that they'd eventually block a punt this year. This game would be a good one to try it.

jam the receivers and blitz. play man, and get some creative blitz packages to get to the QB. hit him early and hit him often. don't let him get a rhythm.

Run like the wind. get the 1-2 punch going and keep them going.

Have the Ronnie harmon play actually work this time and win the game. Just to have our way with 1989 once and for all.

alohabillsfan
12-10-2007, 11:22 AM
Cleveland has given up 27 passing TD's. Food for thought!