• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • raphael120
    Jason Peters rigorous at home training regiment
    • Oct 2005

Trent Edwards Had the Game We Waited 3 Years For JP to Have

Yeah it was against the Dolphins, but Edwards had the game that we've been waiting for JP to have his whole career.
    Games where we SHOULD blow them out of the water, but struggled. But this game I was nervous based on how close the last game was with Miami but damn, Trent did things I havent seen a buffalo QB do in years...touch passes, etc....and the thing is, Parrish and others dropped some pretty nice balls thrown from Edwards...I really was dissapointd in what I saw from Parrish. I just really can't wait until we get Edwards and Evans another weapon out there, big WR, TE, something. I really think that Edwards is capable of so much more, and Evans also, once we get some more fire power at WR next season. Really can not wait!

The Bills SHOULD have blown Miami out of the water, and this is the first time in a long time where the Bills WON the game at halftime and DID what was expected. Struggling against he worst team in the league is not a good thing to do going into what is a playoff game against Cleveland. No last minute drive we needed to fend off. VERY nice. Even the Cincy game we didn't put away until the last quarter.

Defense stepped it up, and they need to keep the fire burning to keep Anderson from getting the ball into the end zone.

A lot of confidence, a lot of things to feel good about, and Cleveland barely squeaking by the Jets has to instil some more good feelings going into this game. But it's in their backyard, and we can't have stupid penalties, and we can't fumble the ball, turn it over. When we have big returns, we can't be caught holding...etc...

Let's go Buffalo!
  • DaBillzAhDaShiznit
    • May 2004

Re: Trent Edwards Had the Game We Waited 3 Years For JP to Have

I'll admit I don't like JP as the Bills QB. Never have, and never will.
    I understand your positive outlook here, and that's nice, but the fact is that JP did have some very good games under center for the Bills. I remember him playing very well against Houston, and in several other games as well, but the problem with JP is that he is inconsistent.
    Time will tell if Edwards is more consistent. In the short time he has been here, he seems very consistent, and his style will help him I think.
    "Show me a good loser and I will show you an idiot"
    --Leo Durocher

Comment

• justasportsfan
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by raphael120
      Had the Game We Waited 3 Years For JP to Have

The official source for NFL news, video highlights, fantasy football, game-day coverage, schedules, stats, scores and more.
      sacrifice1
      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• MarshawnIsDaMan
        • Nov 2007

Originally posted by justasportsfan
        Oh you mean the 21 point first quarter and then three after that? 2 big bombs to Lee and then the 3rd possession where we started at MIA 26 yard line? What else did JP do in the game? It takes more than one quarter.
        The Bills havent made the playoffs since I graduated high school. Lets please make it before Im 30.

This is the next superstar RB

Comment

• justasportsfan
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by MarshawnIsDaMan
          Oh you mean the 21 point first quarter and then three after that? 2 big bombs to Lee and then the 3rd possession where we started at MIA 26 yard line? What else did JP do in the game? It takes more than one quarter.
          I agree. The nos. are comparable but like I said in a different thread, JP didn't have the OL/rb nor the D to bail him out. For a second yesterday , I thought it was deja vu. Good thing Dick isn't Moolarkey and Fewell isn't Jerry Gray.

The fins also were stronger both defensively and offensively back then.
          sacrifice1

Comment

• MarshawnIsDaMan
            • Nov 2007

I agree. The nos. are comparable but like I said in a different thread, JP didn't have the OL/rb nor the D to bail him out. For a second yesterday , I thought it was deja vu. Good thing Dick isn't Moolarkey and Fewell isn't Jerry Gray.

yeah but we were still up 21-0. We can't lose that game especially against the Dolphins. I don't know what happened after the first quarter. Our offense couldn't do anything.
            The Bills havent made the playoffs since I graduated high school. Lets please make it before Im 30.

Comment

• theanswer74
              • Apr 2004

the point of this thread isn't about whether we won or lost. The point is, JP has had that kind of game against a much better fins team. Only a Trent fan would blame that loss on JP.
              JP never had that kind of game. JP was a one trick pony. Trent showed us more than a 1 read deep pass to Evans. Sad thing about JP is that he had more tricks, he just didnt use them, or didnt think fast enough to use them.

Comment

• MarshawnIsDaMan
                • Nov 2007

the point of this thread isn't about whether we won or lost. The point is, JP has had that kind of game against a much better fins team. Only a Trent fan would blame that loss on JP.
                I didn't blame the loss on JP. JP only helped the team towards a win in 1 of the 4 quarters.

Comment

• theanswer74
                  • Apr 2004

the nos. show he's had that kind of game with less to work with and no one to help him out defensively against a better Fins.
                  When did JP throw a fade for a TD, a 30 yard TD to the TE down the middle, a playaction roll for a TD, and a 70 yard TD all in the same game?

He never had that game.

Has JP even thrown a TD in the middle of the field? Has he ever thrown a fade in the Endzone?

He did one thing that was NFL quality, throw deep down the sideline. He was great at it, but I never saw him use the whole field.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BidsJr
                    Not the post, just the last few who can't see how much better this football team looks with a QB change.

I agree with a lot of what you say, but the impact of an efficient QB goes way beyond his position.

Somehow you fail to see that.
                    Just because I am cautiously optimistic about Trent as I was with JP, doesn't mean I dislike the kid. I defended his being drafted. Again, I don't fall in love with any player this soon.

JP torched the fins. After last year he was supposedly a bonafide qb and he failed. Trent may end up the same.

You all can fall in love with him so soon if you want. I'd rather wait and see. At least I am consistent with both JP and Trent.

Trent had a great game. Even more impressive is that he is a rookie. BUt he isn't our franchise qb just yet but you all can think so now if you want.
                    sacrifice1

Comment

• MarshawnIsDaMan
                      • Nov 2007

Originally posted by theanswer74
                      When did JP throw a fade for a TD, a 30 yard TD to the TE down the middle, a playaction roll for a TD, and a 70 yard TD all in the same game?

He never had that game.

Has JP even thrown a TD in the middle of the field? Has he ever thrown a fade in the Endzone?

He did one thing that was NFL quality, throw deep down the sideline. He was great at it, but I never saw him use the whole field.
                      JP never throws well across the middle. He tried in JAX and we know the result.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by theanswer74

He never had that game.

All in the same game? it's almost hard to have the exact same game. even Trent may never have the same game he did yesterday. You're confused.
                        sacrifice1

Comment

• raphael120
                          Jason Peters rigorous at home training regiment
                          • Oct 2005

JP has the same line and same RB when we played Miami the first time and we BARELY squeaked by.

Same opponent, different QBs.

See the difference?

Comment

• BidsJr
                            • Sep 2002

Just because I am cautiously optimistic about Trent as I was with JP, doesn't mean I dislike the kid. I defended his being drafted. Again, I don't fall in love with any player this soon.

JP torched the fins. After last year he was supposedly a bonafide qb and he failed. Trent may end up the same.

You all can fall in love with him so soon if you want. I'd rather wait and see. At least I am consistent with both JP and Trent.

Trent had a great game. Even more impressive is that he is a rookie. BUt he isn't our franchise qb just yet but you all can think so now if you want.
                            In your opinion he isn't the Franchise just yet.

You may be justa behind the curve!
                            "Well I drink too much and get punched in the head by fighters for fun, so my memory isn't so great." -OpIv37

Comment

• mayotm
                              • Jul 2003

Why do we continue debating Trent versus JP? There's no longer a debate. Trent is the QB. That being stated, how about we support Trent without bashing JP?

Comment

Working...
                              X