PDA

View Full Version : Trent Edwards Had the Game We Waited 3 Years For JP to Have

raphael120
12-10-2007, 10:31 AM
Yeah it was against the Dolphins, but Edwards had the game that we've been waiting for JP to have his whole career.
Games where we SHOULD blow them out of the water, but struggled. But this game I was nervous based on how close the last game was with Miami but damn, Trent did things I havent seen a buffalo QB do in years...touch passes, etc....and the thing is, Parrish and others dropped some pretty nice balls thrown from Edwards...I really was dissapointd in what I saw from Parrish. I just really can't wait until we get Edwards and Evans another weapon out there, big WR, TE, something. I really think that Edwards is capable of so much more, and Evans also, once we get some more fire power at WR next season. Really can not wait!

The Bills SHOULD have blown Miami out of the water, and this is the first time in a long time where the Bills WON the game at halftime and DID what was expected. Struggling against he worst team in the league is not a good thing to do going into what is a playoff game against Cleveland. No last minute drive we needed to fend off. VERY nice. Even the Cincy game we didn't put away until the last quarter.

Defense stepped it up, and they need to keep the fire burning to keep Anderson from getting the ball into the end zone.

A lot of confidence, a lot of things to feel good about, and Cleveland barely squeaking by the Jets has to instil some more good feelings going into this game. But it's in their backyard, and we can't have stupid penalties, and we can't fumble the ball, turn it over. When we have big returns, we can't be caught holding...etc...

Let's go Buffalo!

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
12-10-2007, 11:07 AM
I'll admit I don't like JP as the Bills QB. Never have, and never will.
I understand your positive outlook here, and that's nice, but the fact is that JP did have some very good games under center for the Bills. I remember him playing very well against Houston, and in several other games as well, but the problem with JP is that he is inconsistent.
Time will tell if Edwards is more consistent. In the short time he has been here, he seems very consistent, and his style will help him I think.

justasportsfan
12-10-2007, 12:22 PM
Had the Game We Waited 3 Years For JP to Have

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter?game_id=28707&displayPage=tab_gamecenter&season=2005&week=REG13

MarshawnIsDaMan
12-10-2007, 12:36 PM
http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter?game_id=28707&displayPage=tab_gamecenter&season=2005&week=REG13
Oh you mean the 21 point first quarter and then three after that? 2 big bombs to Lee and then the 3rd possession where we started at MIA 26 yard line? What else did JP do in the game? It takes more than one quarter.

justasportsfan
12-10-2007, 12:39 PM
Oh you mean the 21 point first quarter and then three after that? 2 big bombs to Lee and then the 3rd possession where we started at MIA 26 yard line? What else did JP do in the game? It takes more than one quarter.
I agree. The nos. are comparable but like I said in a different thread, JP didn't have the OL/rb nor the D to bail him out. For a second yesterday , I thought it was deja vu. Good thing Dick isn't Moolarkey and Fewell isn't Jerry Gray.

The fins also were stronger both defensively and offensively back then.

MarshawnIsDaMan
12-10-2007, 12:44 PM
I agree. The nos. are comparable but like I said in a different thread, JP didn't have the OL/rb nor the D to bail him out. For a second yesterday , I thought it was deja vu. Good thing Dick isn't Moolarkey and Fewell isn't Jerry Gray.

yeah but we were still up 21-0. We can't lose that game especially against the Dolphins. I don't know what happened after the first quarter. Our offense couldn't do anything.

theanswer74
12-10-2007, 12:54 PM
the point of this thread isn't about whether we won or lost. The point is, JP has had that kind of game against a much better fins team. Only a Trent fan would blame that loss on JP.

JP never had that kind of game. JP was a one trick pony. Trent showed us more than a 1 read deep pass to Evans. Sad thing about JP is that he had more tricks, he just didnt use them, or didnt think fast enough to use them.

MarshawnIsDaMan
12-10-2007, 01:05 PM
the point of this thread isn't about whether we won or lost. The point is, JP has had that kind of game against a much better fins team. Only a Trent fan would blame that loss on JP.
I didn't blame the loss on JP. JP only helped the team towards a win in 1 of the 4 quarters.

theanswer74
12-10-2007, 01:06 PM
the nos. show he's had that kind of game with less to work with and no one to help him out defensively against a better Fins.

When did JP throw a fade for a TD, a 30 yard TD to the TE down the middle, a playaction roll for a TD, and a 70 yard TD all in the same game?

He never had that game.

Has JP even thrown a TD in the middle of the field? Has he ever thrown a fade in the Endzone?

He did one thing that was NFL quality, throw deep down the sideline. He was great at it, but I never saw him use the whole field.

justasportsfan
12-10-2007, 01:08 PM
Not the post, just the last few who can't see how much better this football team looks with a QB change.

I agree with a lot of what you say, but the impact of an efficient QB goes way beyond his position.

Somehow you fail to see that.

Just because I am cautiously optimistic about Trent as I was with JP, doesn't mean I dislike the kid. I defended his being drafted. Again, I don't fall in love with any player this soon.

JP torched the fins. After last year he was supposedly a bonafide qb and he failed. Trent may end up the same.

You all can fall in love with him so soon if you want. I'd rather wait and see. At least I am consistent with both JP and Trent.

Trent had a great game. Even more impressive is that he is a rookie. BUt he isn't our franchise qb just yet but you all can think so now if you want.

MarshawnIsDaMan
12-10-2007, 01:08 PM
When did JP throw a fade for a TD, a 30 yard TD to the TE down the middle, a playaction roll for a TD, and a 70 yard TD all in the same game?

He never had that game.

Has JP even thrown a TD in the middle of the field? Has he ever thrown a fade in the Endzone?

He did one thing that was NFL quality, throw deep down the sideline. He was great at it, but I never saw him use the whole field.
JP never throws well across the middle. He tried in JAX and we know the result.

justasportsfan
12-10-2007, 01:11 PM

He never had that game.

All in the same game? it's almost hard to have the exact same game. even Trent may never have the same game he did yesterday. You're confused.

raphael120
12-10-2007, 01:11 PM

JP has the same line and same RB when we played Miami the first time and we BARELY squeaked by.

Same opponent, different QBs.

See the difference?

BidsJr
12-10-2007, 01:13 PM
Just because I am cautiously optimistic about Trent as I was with JP, doesn't mean I dislike the kid. I defended his being drafted. Again, I don't fall in love with any player this soon.

JP torched the fins. After last year he was supposedly a bonafide qb and he failed. Trent may end up the same.

You all can fall in love with him so soon if you want. I'd rather wait and see. At least I am consistent with both JP and Trent.

Trent had a great game. Even more impressive is that he is a rookie. BUt he isn't our franchise qb just yet but you all can think so now if you want.

In your opinion he isn't the Franchise just yet.

You may be justa behind the curve! :bad:

mayotm
12-10-2007, 01:14 PM
Why do we continue debating Trent versus JP? There's no longer a debate. Trent is the QB. That being stated, how about we support Trent without bashing JP?

YardRat
12-10-2007, 01:28 PM
It's nice to go into the weekend with the attitude that we actually have a shot to win and not expecting the worst all the time.

justasportsfan
12-10-2007, 01:29 PM
It's nice to go into the weekend with the attitude that we actually have a shot to win and not expecting the worst all the time.
I agree. well said.

Philagape
12-10-2007, 02:23 PM
One Trent factor that JP will never be able to match is that Trent's doing it as a rookie. Trent is light years ahead of JP's first year. And I'm not talking about numbers; I mean pocket presence, awareness, versatility, mechanics and confidence. Trent has 10 times the field brain JP has.

RedEyE
12-10-2007, 03:20 PM
This game would have been an ever bigger blow out if it weren't for the dumb penalties and the dropped passes.

shelby
12-10-2007, 03:49 PM
there is a lot of off topic crap in this thread, and i don't have time to edit through it all. So i'm splitting it out to spam.
At this point, bringing JP into the argument because you "aren't yet sold on Edwards" is an exercise in futility. This thread has a lot of potential once you weed through the garbage posts.

Mitchy moo
12-10-2007, 04:08 PM
there is a lot of off topic crap in this thread, and i don't have time to edit through it all. So i'm splitting it out to spam.
At this point, bringing JP into the argument because you "aren't yet sold on Edwards" is an exercise in futility. This thread has a lot of potential once you weed through the garbage posts.

Nice post Shelby!!

raphael120
12-10-2007, 04:13 PM

Thank you, shelby.

colin
12-10-2007, 04:54 PM
jp was never nfl ready.

more than half the scouts would tell you that the day he was drafted, most people watching him in the pros could see it.

all he did was wow with bombs and pile on stats against bad teams to make people think he was good. it was a fluke of stat accumulation that he was rated 11th in PER last season, as we had a bottom 3 O and our passing stats all came in games against horrible teams as we were mega conservative most of the time.

trent is a stud. he may still flame out in the nfl, but he is a very well coached guy who was on a bad program in a big downturn.

he was the top or #2 guy out of a mega football school (he was right behind vince young) and went to stanford at the wrong time.

he's the best qb stanford has had since elway, and he's showing it as a rook.

trent is a classic qb, jp is a square peg.

i will also assert (and i've seen some stuff to support it) that jp is a bit of a scatter brain, is not focussed enough, and is not a football nerd that an nfl qb should be. he's a guy who ignores things and does it his way, which isn't good enough.

i think he was popular cuz kelly and favre had that reputation, but they did the smart thing 90% of the time, not 10% of the time.

Mitchy moo
12-10-2007, 04:57 PM
jp was never nfl ready.

more than half the scouts would tell you that the day he was drafted, most people watching him in the pros could see it.

all he did was wow with bombs and pile on stats against bad teams to make people think he was good. it was a fluke of stat accumulation that he was rated 11th in PER last season, as we had a bottom 3 O and our passing stats all came in games against horrible teams as we were mega conservative most of the time.

trent is a stud. he may still flame out in the nfl, but he is a very well coached guy who was on a bad program in a big downturn.

he was the top or #2 guy out of a mega football school (he was right behind vince young) and went to stanford at the wrong time.

he's the best qb stanford has had since elway, and he's showing it as a rook.

trent is a classic qb, jp is a square peg.

i will also assert (and i've seen some stuff to support it) that jp is a bit of a scatter brain, is not focussed enough, and is not a football nerd that an nfl qb should be. he's a guy who ignores things and does it his way, which isn't good enough.

i think he was popular cuz kelly and favre had that reputation, but they did the smart thing 90% of the time, not 10% of the time.

I think JP might do well on another team, just not the Bills.

Mahdi
12-10-2007, 05:33 PM
Yeah it was against the Dolphins, but Edwards had the game that we've been waiting for JP to have his whole career.
Games where we SHOULD blow them out of the water, but struggled. But this game I was nervous based on how close the last game was with Miami but damn, Trent did things I havent seen a buffalo QB do in years...touch passes, etc....and the thing is, Parrish and others dropped some pretty nice balls thrown from Edwards...I really was dissapointd in what I saw from Parrish. I just really can't wait until we get Edwards and Evans another weapon out there, big WR, TE, something. I really think that Edwards is capable of so much more, and Evans also, once we get some more fire power at WR next season. Really can not wait!

The Bills SHOULD have blown Miami out of the water, and this is the first time in a long time where the Bills WON the game at halftime and DID what was expected. Struggling against he worst team in the league is not a good thing to do going into what is a playoff game against Cleveland. No last minute drive we needed to fend off. VERY nice. Even the Cincy game we didn't put away until the last quarter.

Defense stepped it up, and they need to keep the fire burning to keep Anderson from getting the ball into the end zone.

A lot of confidence, a lot of things to feel good about, and Cleveland barely squeaking by the Jets has to instil some more good feelings going into this game. But it's in their backyard, and we can't have stupid penalties, and we can't fumble the ball, turn it over. When we have big returns, we can't be caught holding...etc...

Let's go Buffalo!
I dont necessarily agree with this post. We haven't been waiting 3 years for our QB to beat down a winless team. JP had a game like this against the Bengals a few weeks ago.

I think Bills fans have been waiting 10 years for a QB to beat playoff caliber teams and then lead them to the playoffs.

I believe Trent will do that but I'm still waiting for that one game that cements his role as the unquestioned QB of the Bills going forward. Even Jim Rome commented after his interview with Trent that the "Bills Fan" has said all this before about numerous other QBs... and that didnt turn out well.

Why dont we agree as a fan base not to jump all over Trent till he leads the Bills into an era where we no longer have to ask ourselves if the Bills are a good team or not. Thats what im waiting for.

Until then, Go Trent, Go Bills!

justasportsfan
12-10-2007, 05:36 PM
I dont necessarily agree with this post. We haven't been waiting 3 years for our QB to beat down a winless team. JP had a game like this against the Bengals a few weeks ago.

I think Bills fans have been waiting 10 years for a QB to beat playoff caliber teams and then lead them to the playoffs.

I believe Trent will do that but I'm still waiting for that one game that cements his role as the unquestioned QB of the Bills going forward. Even Jim Rome commented after his interview with Trent that the "Bills Fan" has said all this before about numerous other QBs... and that didnt turn out well.

Why dont we agree as a fan base not to jump all over Trent till he leads the Bills into an era where we no longer have to ask ourselves if the Bills are a good team or not. Thats what im waiting for.

Until then, Go Trent, Go Bills! :clap:

Jimbuktu
12-11-2007, 04:25 PM
Why do we continue debating Trent versus JP? There's no longer a debate. Trent is the QB. That being stated, how about we support Trent without bashing JP?

JP is probably one of the best back up QBs. too bad we can't keep him in that role down the road.