• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The King
    Without me it's just Awe so
    • Jun 2004

Toss one to Reed!

Reed is having a great year no doubt.... but he is still sitting at zero in the TD column.

Toss one to Josh!
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

• Romes
    • Jul 2002

Re: Toss one to Reed!

I like Reed but he is too short to be a redzone threat. The only way he can score is if he runs one in himself.
    Originally posted by paladin warrior
    RALPH is drove me nut.

Comment

• trapezeus
      Legendary Zoner
      • Oct 2004

he's too slow to run one in from far out. so i guess that just leaves him as a dependable possession receiver. i'm ok with that.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
        Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

We're saving him to be a surprise factor and will throw him the playoff spot clinching TD pass in the last minute of the Giants game on Sunday night, in front of a national audience.

Comment

• DaBillzAhDaShiznit
          • May 2004

One more reason Josh Reed should not be a Buffalo Bill. He's just "a guy in a jersey". You could substitute 50 other guys in his spot and not see much of a difference.
          "Show me a good loser and I will show you an idiot"
          --Leo Durocher

Comment

• Romes
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by DaBillzAhDaShiznit
            One more reason Josh Reed should not be a Buffalo Bill. He's just "a guy in a jersey". You could substitute 50 other guys in his spot and not see much of a difference.
            I strongly disagree with this statement. Reed is a guy that does a lot of the little things well. He also has a knack for getting open against zone coverages.
            Originally posted by paladin warrior
            RALPH is drove me nut.

Comment

• The King
              Without me it's just Awe so
              • Jun 2004

Ya, What.... he is the most physical reciever on the team
              I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
              "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
              You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
              It was all
              true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
              He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
              mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• trapezeus
                Legendary Zoner
                • Oct 2004

reed has fought the dropsies from early in his career. he's become a good run blocker, he's consistently open in the middle. There were a couple times TE went with a different receiver when he was wide open.

He's a third receiver. and he's good. we need a #1 or #2 that's big.

Comment

• G. Host
                  Banned
                  • Jul 2002

Does anybody remember the play in 2005 where Reed ran through the Patriots defense to make a TD? This was a game where no one but Reed seemed to have any heart.

The official source for NFL news, video highlights, fantasy football, game-day coverage, schedules, stats, scores and more.

The margin of defeat was the worst for Buffalo at home since a 38-7 loss to New England on Nov. 3, 2002. And it would have been worse had J.P. Losman not hit Josh Reed for a 51-yard touchdown catch in the final two minutes, averting the Bills' first shutout loss at home since 1983.

Comment

• Al the Bills Fan
                    • Aug 2007

Originally posted by DaBillzAhDaShiznit
                    I don't see how you can say that Reed should not be a Buffalo Bill, He is having a solid year at a position that we are not all that strong at to begin with. If we manage to sign or draft a legitmate reciever to play opposite Evans, Reed will be even better.

Comment

• MTBillsFan
                      • May 2003

On 1st Royal TD Reed was wide open and really wanted the ball and looked upset that he didn't get it. But he still had the key block to spring Royal!
                      Send me some wings!

Comment

• Dont drink the water
                        • Oct 2005

Reed is a great blocker when he keeps his head in the game but why does it seem he is always the motion man?

Comment

• mybills
                          81 st zoner
                          • Jul 2002

Didn't he do better than Price when he resigned?
                          I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

Working...
                          X