PDA

View Full Version : Here's a question...

Mudflap1
12-10-2007, 11:15 AM
For everyone that hates Steve Fairchild... how can you like Trent Edwards' production and hate Steve Fairchild at the same time? Granted, there were some questionable play calls yesterday, I don't understand why it took so long to get Freddie Jackson involved in the offense when they claim they knew he was good, but a rookie QB is playing pretty consistent and steady for the Bills right now, does't Fairchild deserve some credit for that?

Jon

billsburgh
12-10-2007, 11:23 AM
it's amazing how good the offensive coordinator looks when the plays are being executed properly.

MarshawnIsDaMan
12-10-2007, 11:31 AM
it's amazing how good the offensive coordinator looks when the plays are being executed properly.
I second that. Players can make coaches very good.

The Answer
12-10-2007, 11:33 AM

Or when you have a competent QB that is capable of executing every play you call.

~The Answer

TedMock
12-10-2007, 11:40 AM
I've been very disappointed in Fairchild this year. However, his in-game adjustments have improved the last couple of weeks. Part of that is certainly Trent playing with efficiency versus JP's more erratic play, but the calls themselves aren't nearly as bad as they were early in the year. For example: there is a time to go for the big play on 3rd down. Game one, against Denver, late, in a tight game - no. Yesterday, in a game where we're up by 2 TD's, but have a chance to really put our thumbs in their throat - yes. It's not that the plays suck, it's that the timing has sucked. Another example - We'd be foolish not to throw WR screens or hitches every now and then. We were also foolish to throw several of them in one game to the point that nobody could possibly be fooled by the call. Again, timing of the calls.

colin
12-10-2007, 11:41 AM
if we win out i don't want any coaches leaving

Mr. Miyagi
12-10-2007, 11:42 AM
Fairchild for President

billsburgh
12-10-2007, 11:54 AM
Or when you have a competent QB that is capable of executing every play you call.

~The Answer
that's what I was getting at.

justasportsfan
12-10-2007, 12:19 PM
It was a great win. I'm happy with the way we won. Both OC and QB had a great day.

Lets see what he can do against playoff D's. JP toched the fins for 21 points in his first year under Moolarkey. The fins then had a better D and JP didn't have an OL like we had yesterday.

Grays D also choked against Sage and Chambers.

Mudflap1
12-10-2007, 12:36 PM
I agree. A lot of people are all fired up from yesterday, and it was a win (sweep vs. Miami), but they are 0-13..............

mybills
12-10-2007, 12:40 PM
For everyone that hates Steve Fairchild... how can you like Trent Edwards' production and hate Steve Fairchild at the same time? Granted, there were some questionable play calls yesterday, I don't understand why it took so long to get Freddie Jackson involved in the offense when they claim they knew he was good, but a rookie QB is playing pretty consistent and steady for the Bills right now, does't Fairchild deserve some credit for that?

Jon
One example is right in your post.

Why did he wait so long to adjust things last year, too?

BidsJr
12-10-2007, 12:40 PM
I've been very disappointed in Fairchild this year. However, his in-game adjustments have improved the last couple of weeks. Part of that is certainly Trent playing with efficiency versus JP's more erratic play, but the calls themselves aren't nearly as bad as they were early in the year. For example: there is a time to go for the big play on 3rd down. Game one, against Denver, late, in a tight game - no. Yesterday, in a game where we're up by 2 TD's, but have a chance to really put our thumbs in their throat - yes. It's not that the plays suck, it's that the timing has sucked. Another example - We'd be foolish not to throw WR screens or hitches every now and then. We were also foolish to throw several of them in one game to the point that nobody could possibly be fooled by the call. Again, timing of the calls.

Except if Trent threw that pass on 3rd and 1 against Denver, we might be 8-4.

I think that is the point.

Mudflap1
12-10-2007, 12:42 PM
The point is, the guy has made some mistakes. However, there is a rookie QB playing pretty steady out there right now. Doesn't he deserve some credit for that as well as the coaching staff overall? By no means is Edwards "lights out", but he's steady and consistent, much more so than our 4th year veteran QB. That says something.