• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

Count Bills Owner Among Those Surprised

Some interesting tidbits from the article:

"You know what," Wilson said with a laugh. "At the start of the season, I never thought we'd win seven games. But you never know. You never know."
    (What kind of ****ing owner goes into a season EXPECTING to suck??)
    ======================================================

The Bills defense has allowed an average of 284 yards in its past two games, while combining for eight sacks, including a safety, and generating seven turnovers, including Wilson returning a fumble 20 yards for a touchdown against Miami.

The offense has been more productive in the past two games since Edwards reclaimed the starting job ahead of veteran J.P. Losman.

Edwards, over that stretch, has combined to go 33-for-59 for 422 yards and four touchdowns and no interceptions. That's an improvement after he had only one touchdown passing and five interceptions in his first five appearances, including four starts, earlier this season.
    Edwards has won four straight starts, the best run since Tennessee's Vince Young won six in a row last year. With four touchdowns passing against Miami, Edwards became the first Bills rookie to throw that many in a game, and first NFL rookie to do so since Chicago's Cade McNown did it against Detroit on Dec. 19, 1999.
    =======================================================

Jackson had 115 yards rushing and Lynch 107 against Miami, the first Bills tandem to have 100 yards in the same game since Hall of Famer Thurman Thomas and Darick Holmes did it in 1996.

Unlike the Bills owner, general manager Marv Levy refused to be surprised by the team's turnaround.
    "It's certainly ahead of the start we had, but I can't say, 'Oh, I'm flabbergasted,"' Levy said. "I'm pleased and gratified."

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE
  • Ed
    Dude
    • Sep 2002

Re: Count Bills Owner Among Those Surprised

Originally posted by patmoran2006
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_yl...v=ap&type=lgns

Some interesting tidbits from the article:

"You know what," Wilson said with a laugh. "At the start of the season, I never thought we'd win seven games. But you never know. You never know."
    (What kind of ****ing owner goes into a season EXPECTING to suck??)
    ======================================================

The Bills defense has allowed an average of 284 yards in its past two games, while combining for eight sacks, including a safety, and generating seven turnovers, including Wilson returning a fumble 20 yards for a touchdown against Miami.

The offense has been more productive in the past two games since Edwards reclaimed the starting job ahead of veteran J.P. Losman.

Edwards, over that stretch, has combined to go 33-for-59 for 422 yards and four touchdowns and no interceptions. That's an improvement after he had only one touchdown passing and five interceptions in his first five appearances, including four starts, earlier this season.
    Edwards has won four straight starts, the best run since Tennessee's Vince Young won six in a row last year. With four touchdowns passing against Miami, Edwards became the first Bills rookie to throw that many in a game, and first NFL rookie to do so since Chicago's Cade McNown did it against Detroit on Dec. 19, 1999.
    =======================================================

Jackson had 115 yards rushing and Lynch 107 against Miami, the first Bills tandem to have 100 yards in the same game since Hall of Famer Thurman Thomas and Darick Holmes did it in 1996.

Unlike the Bills owner, general manager Marv Levy refused to be surprised by the team's turnaround.
    "It's certainly ahead of the start we had, but I can't say, 'Oh, I'm flabbergasted,"' Levy said. "I'm pleased and gratified."
    I guess an owner that hasn't been to the playoffs in 7 years and doesn't believe his team can be financially competetive with the rest of the league?

Comment

• G. Host
      Banned
      • Jul 2002

An owner who knew he had to rebuild it after Tom Donahoe's terrible reign.
      Some appear to have higher respect than I or Ralph does.

Comment

• Mudflap1
        Next Question!
        • Nov 2004

Thank goodness Marv isn't an idiot........

Comment

• cordog
          eat, drink, and be merry
          • Apr 2003

I think he meant, how the season started off he didnt think they would win 7 games, but thats just how I am reading it.

Comment

• The Jokeman
            • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Mudflap1
            Thank goodness Marv isn't an idiot........
            and that we kept Donahoe's guy Tom Modrak to continue to be head scout.

Comment

• Nighthawk
              Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Ed
              I guess an owner that hasn't been to the playoffs in 7 years and doesn't believe his team can be financially competetive with the rest of the league?
              No, an owner who doesn't care about winning and always has an excuse...that's what kind of owner says something like that.

Comment

• Ed
                Dude
                • Sep 2002

Originally posted by cordog
                I think he meant, how the season started off he didnt think they would win 7 games, but thats just how I am reading it.
                Good point, he probably meant after the 0-3 start. After that first Pats game, I can't say I really thought we'd win 7 games either.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                  Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                  • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Ed
                  Good point, he probably meant after the 0-3 start. After that first Pats game, I can't say I really thought we'd win 7 games either.
                  I thought my preseason 4-12 prediction was looking generous at that time.

In my defense though, I didn't know what we had in Edwards. All the guys does is win games. I take that back, I liked him more than Losman BEFORE the season started; I just didn't think he'd see the field this year.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• The Answer
                    The Plagiarist
                    • Mar 2007

Richard 'The Corpse' Jauron has this team prepared and focused.

And now with a legit QB we are truly a well oiled machine ready to make a postseason run.

~The Answer

Comment

• Ed
                      Dude
                      • Sep 2002

Well considering Ralphs surprise at our current status and the fact that he called Jauron the second best coach in Bills history last season, I think it's fair to say that anyone who wants to see Jauron get fired, aren't going to get their wish anytime soon.

Comment

• BillyT92679
                        • Jul 2002

Dick seems like Marv... a guy who had modest success his first go round (actually better than Marv ever did in Kansas City) who found his niche later on in his coaching career.
                        Let's Go BILLS and SU ORANGE![IMhttp://www.billszone.com/fanzone/attachment.php?attachmentid=&stc=1G]

Comment

• DynaPaul
                          • Sep 2003

Originally posted by The Answer
                          Richard 'The Corpse' Jauron has this team prepared and focused.

And now with a legit QB we are truly a well oiled machine ready to make a postseason run.

~The Answer
                          His nickname is Skeletor, get it right.

Comment

• John Doe
                            Florida Man
                            • Jul 2002

I think that Wilson's expectations were low considering how inexperienced the team is overall. Starting 4 or 5 second-year men plus a rookie on defense with no apparent depth (at that time) certainly did not look promising to a guy who has been around football as long as he has.

Comment

• Buffatexas
                              • Aug 2002

Originally posted by DevilPaul
                              His nickname is Skeletor, get it right.
                              no, he is Fire Marshall Bill

Comment

Working...
                              X