PDA

View Full Version : What sucks with Poz's injury...

jpdex12
12-10-2007, 07:08 PM
is that he would be near the top of the tackle leaders if he kept the pace up that he started.

Can't wait to see him put a full year in next year.

Al the Bills Fan
12-10-2007, 07:24 PM
If memory serves me right, He was ahead of Willis going into the game where he got injuried. It would have been great to see him develop this year!
I hope he comes back strong, I am sure he will. The thing that really sucks is the in game experience that he lost this year.

I think it is awesome that he is still attending practices, watching from the sidelines. That says a lot about the kind of guy that he is!

jpdex12
12-10-2007, 08:03 PM
If memory serves me right, He was ahead of Willis going into the game where he got injuried. It would have been great to see him develop this year!
I hope he comes back strong, I am sure he will. The thing that really sucks is the in game experience that he lost this year.

I think it is awesome that he is still attending practices, watching from the sidelines. That says a lot about the kind of guy that he is!

He definitely is a player with high character as uor FO explained. He no question would be near the top of that tackle leader list and possibly on his way to a probowl as a rookie.

This being said, I wonder if we make linebacker any type of priority in the off season or in the draft in 2008. I think that we could use one more SOLID weakside backer to have a concrete unit next year.

Oaf
12-10-2007, 10:14 PM
It sucks to see Beason, Harris, and Willis doing so well while our star is on the sidelines.

YardRat
12-10-2007, 10:24 PM
Not to play Devil's Advocate, but...

The defense really blew nuts when Poz was in the middle, making the calls. Fewell made the comment shortly after the Dallas game that he was able to do more with schemes because of DiG's knowledge of the defense and the game in general.

I still think unless Poz really gets a great grasp on the mental part of the position while watching from the sidelines this year and over the next off-season he'll be moved to the outside and DiG will be starting again.

Poz has the physical tools, but he isn't (wasn't) ready to lead the entire unit and I doubt the defense would be performing as well at this point in the season.

OpIv37
12-10-2007, 10:26 PM
Not to play Devil's Advocate, but...

The defense really blew nuts when Poz was in the middle, making the calls. Fewell made the comment shortly after the Dallas game that he was able to do more with schemes because of DiG's knowledge of the defense and the game in general.

I still think unless Poz really gets a great grasp on the mental part of the position while watching from the sidelines this year and over the next off-season he'll be moved to the outside and DiG will be starting again.

Poz has the physical tools, but he isn't (wasn't) ready to lead the entire unit and I doubt the defense would be performing as well at this point in the season.

if that gets Ellison off the field, we'll be better off.

Remember, the guy was a rookie and he went down after what- 4 or 5 games? He'll get it in time.

historypete
12-10-2007, 11:30 PM
I think what really sucks is that if we hadn't IR'd him he'd be playing right now. I know they weren't sure about the injury at the time, but they probably should have waited a few weeks to see how things progressed. I'd rather have taken up a roster spot with an injured Poz who couldn't play but may have returned than with Leon Joe, but hindsight is 20/20.

El Guapo
12-11-2007, 07:17 AM
I think what really sucks is that if we hadn't IR'd him he'd be playing right now. I know they weren't sure about the injury at the time, but they probably should have waited a few weeks to see how things progressed. I'd rather have taken up a roster spot with an injured Poz who couldn't play but may have returned than with Leon Joe, but hindsight is 20/20.

I agree with you, but hindsight is 20/20. We had players dropping like flies this season, and at the time we needed warm bodies on the field. We were in a bad situation.

However, him just being in the meetings, at practice and at the games will have him better prepared for next season. It sucks, but it is what it is.

mayotm
12-11-2007, 08:12 AM
if that gets Ellison off the field, we'll be better off.

Remember, the guy was a rookie and he went down after what- 4 or 5 games? He'll get it in time.If they don't go after a LB in the offseason (draft or FA), DiG will likely start for Ellison and Poz will likely be back in the middle. Leaving Ellison for depth. I agree that Ellison hasn't had a good year. However, he has been more active the past two weeks. Not sure if it's translated into more tackles, but he's been around the ball more recently.

OpIv37
12-11-2007, 09:20 AM
If they don't go after a LB in the offseason (draft or FA), DiG will likely start for Ellison and Poz will likely be back in the middle. Leaving Ellison for depth. I agree that Ellison hasn't had a good year. However, he has been more active the past two weeks. Not sure if it's translated into more tackles, but he's been around the ball more recently.

I saw him make one great play for a loss/no gain but I also saw him miss at least one tackle and overrun the QB on a blitz. Over the last few games he does seem to be around the ball more, but he's still not having much of an impact.

jamze132
12-11-2007, 03:42 PM
Funny how George Wilson wasn't put on IR...

I think OBD has learned their lesson about rushing to put guys on IR to fill a playable roster spot. I bet Pos would have been back.

colin
12-11-2007, 04:06 PM
you can't question the IRing of poz.

at that point we were losing guys left and right. if we lost 1 or 2 more we would have had nobody left, so we had to sign guys. to sign guys you need room, so poz had to go.

if we had one or 2 more injuries (like on oline where we have been a rock) then keeping poz on would have hurt us.

you can't pretend that since you've had a rash of injuries that you'll have no more for the season, that's why we lost poz.

as far as WLB goes, i'm going to bang my Briggs drum yet again. that guy is perfect for our team.

lance + 1st round CB + poz and KO back + maybe a 3rd round DT for the rotation = top 10 D and tons of sacks and turnovers.

3 fast physical lb's like that would turn those blown short passes into ceptos and off target balls (cuz the lbs would get depth and disrupt) or little short dump offs and a bone crushing tackle as the ball is caught.

the cute crap little tosses to welker effed up pitts all day cuz of how a 3-4 zone scheme works, but was much much less effective against indy. if we get briggs and poz back we'll have much better LBs than indy and welker would get like 8 balls for 30 or 40 yards, and he'd have a guy all over him on short and goal.

patmoran2006
12-11-2007, 04:31 PM
what sucks is that if we didnt put him on IR he'd be playing right NOW for us and getting important late-season game experience when the games mean something.

At the time, we chose to fill a roster spot.

ParanoidAndroid
12-11-2007, 09:21 PM
The extra rest and rehab migh be a blessing in disguise for Poz. His speed and acceleration were still not 100% while still wearing the brace to protect his knee. A solid 6 months of little to no impact and low strain could allow his knee to strengthen back to a point where his muscular equilibrium can also return. I'm expecting a faster, stronger Poz on the practice field this spring, perhaps fast enough to be effective outside in the cover 2.
Find a way to draft Dan Connor and the Bills' linebackers are the NFL's best in the near future.

Crowell - Connor - Poz :jawdrop: