PDA

View Full Version : 08 Bills Roster

Devin
12-10-2007, 07:19 PM
Just goofing around really. Realistically I only see us making a serious run at 1 MAYBE 2 FA's. With 11 or 12 picks I figured wed have the fire power to make a trade back into the first round.

Offense:

OT: Jason Peters
OG: Derrick Dockery
C: Melvin Fowler
OG: Brad Butler
OT: Langston Walker
TE: Martin Rucker *rookie
WR: Lee Evans
WR: Roscoe Parrish/Josh Reed
WR: Bryant Johnson *FA
QB: Trent Edwards
RB: Marshawn Lynch/Fred Jackson

Assuming the youngsters make progress this offseason I think this could be a pretty steady offense. The line didnt change and apart adding depth in the draft I could live with this. They have played better down the stretch, not great but better, and I think an added year of stability will only help.

Defense:

DE: Chris Kelsay
DT: John McCargo
DT: Corey Williams *FA
DE: Aaron Schobel
OLB: Angello Crowell
MLB: Poz
OLB: Keith Rivers *rookie
CB: Terrence McGee
CB: Antoine Cason *rookie
SS: Donte Whitner
FS: Ko Simpson

We will certainly add depth in certain area but im not really convinced we do much more then that, at least via FA.

I tried to be somewhat realistic with who might be there in the bottom half of the first round. Tough to say at this point, and as much as id love Ellis or Dorsey here it just isnt happening.

eyedog
12-10-2007, 07:29 PM
So were picking Rivers, Cason, and Rucker 1,2,@3 ?

I'll take that draft right now.

Devin
12-10-2007, 07:34 PM
Sorry I should have mentioned the assumption was wed be trading up in the 2nd OR the 1st for Cason.

I went with Rivers but as of now any I think either he or Connor could be near our pick in the 1st.

Mr. Pink
12-10-2007, 07:46 PM
nice choices devin...i'll do my mock up in a bit on this.

It's one of those cool things you can have a little fun with.

Out of curiousity, who do you see as being the backup QB?

Devin
12-10-2007, 07:49 PM
nice choices devin...i'll do my mock up in a bit on this.

It's one of those cool things you can have a little fun with.

Out of curiousity, who do you see as being the backup QB?

FA vet. Wouldnt even be shocked to see Nall here again.

Mr. Pink
12-10-2007, 08:41 PM
New guys in italics. I'll do a write up at the end of who I changed and why.

Offense:

C: Korey Lichtensteiger R - 4th round
OG: Jordan Grimes R - 2nd round
TE: Eric Johnson FA
WR: Josh Reed/Marcus Monk R - 5th round
WR: Justin Gage FA

Defense:

DT: DeMario Pressley R - 2nd Round
OLB: Boss Bailey FA
CB: Malcolm Jenkins - 1st round

I realistically think all the players I have drafted here will be available when we select, to start. That's as of now, anything can happen between now and draft day...players tend to shoot up during the combine. Pressley could be a late first rounder by all means.

I traded the two 3rds to move back into round 2 to select OG Jordan Grimes in this scenario. Very likely in my opinion seeing Brad Butler is poor all around.

Melvin Fowler has been a weak link at C since he's been here. Lichtensteiger is a big body mauling type of Center. He's started every game since being a Frosh in Bowling Green and helped their running attack immensely. I believe he's a definite upgrade at the position but at the beginning of camp I let them battle it out, I foresee Korey winning the battle and then I can cut Fowler.

At TE, I like John Carlson, in fact I pick him in round 3 if I don't make a trade. But I can't pass on the opportunity of getting Grimes in Round 2 to make my line more stable and formidable. Sorry Trent, I forego a weapon to give you better protection up front. Seeing this is the scenario I wanted all along, I signed Eric Johnson to a contract to play TE. Royal sticks around as the 2nd TE and I'm not sure what to do with Gaines.

WRs, I change the trend of smurf receivers on my team. I trade Parrish away for a mid round choice, unfortunately I can't get more for him, but I make room to "change the guard" so to say. I sign an underrated Justin Gage from the Titans. He brings size 6-4 210 to the position and gives me a redzone weapon. He's battled some dropsies, but I hope he becomes more consistent. I also draft Marcus Monk in round 5 of the draft. Another big target at 6'6" I take him based on potential and what he can do if he stays healthy. In round 5 it's not much risk to me. The reward is I personally believe he can develop into our number 2 WR.

DeMario Pressley is the guy I draft in Rd2. He's a quick, athletic playmaker. Something I desperately need from the DT position. I hope he can bring what Tripps was supposed to bring but failed to deliver on.

OLB - I've always liked Boss Bailey. His health issues are a concern but with those issues he'll come at a nice price. He has good coverage skills, definitely something I need at the OLB spot in the Cover 2 defense.

Corner - Malcolm Jenkins. To me, it's the no brainer pick in the middle of the pack in Round 1. I need a corner opposite McGee who has talent. And a corner who will press McGee for that number 1 job.

I like Devin don't see any big name changes. I think we'll build again through the draft and bring in some FAs for depth purposes and a couple starters. I have 3 new starters here from FA. Johnson at TE to me is a stopgap til I find someone through the draft or in FA but he brings hands and a weapon to the offense in the interim. Boss Bailey might not be the long term answer at OLB but he could develop into the player Detroit thought he might have been when drafted. Then there's Justin Gage, he could hold his own and develop into the 2nd or 3rd receiver or falter and be another guy I need to replace in a year or 2. My hope is he holds down the fort til Monk becomes NFL ready.

Oh yeah, my backup QB plan. I trade Losman for a draft pick, I think it'll be a 5th where I can go draft some more depth, guard Robert Felton might be a nice choice with the pick I get from Losman. I then sign Josh McCown to backup TE.

Devin
12-10-2007, 08:46 PM
Nicely done man I like it, a lot of rookies starting but nonetheless I like it.

Kerr
12-10-2007, 10:41 PM
Not bad, but why leave out greer? I think greer has done a better job at corner than mcgee. Greer has proven he's a solid starter.

Key FA signings I see happening are Bryant Johnson and Corey Williams. Also, at linebacker they could draft a mlb and move poz outside and keep crowell where he's at or sign boss bailey to replace Ellison. Boss Bailey is good in coverage, which is good in his role at Wlb.

Bmax
12-11-2007, 01:03 AM
Why would you put in two rookies over Fowler and Butler.. Damione Lewis DT Carolina ..FA...played for Kollar our Def line coach... Jenkins good pick for RD 1 .. he won't be there when we pick ..1st CB off board.....I'm not taking a Guard in rd 2 not with our need for DT and DE and CB and TE...Sure we will fill some needs with FA ...But Eric Johnson who can we get.

Our Best bet .. Go WR in RD 1.....i'LL take Earl Bennett from Vandy......

Rd 2 Lowery CB San Jose or Jack IKeguwounu Wisc...

3 -TE-I love Coffman...JR will stay in school. Rucker 2nd rd pick..Keller purdue.rd 3 or 4. and Davis -Mich ST....JJ Finley Oklahoma in rd 5 or 6....

Bmax

Mr. Pink
12-11-2007, 03:03 AM
Why would you put in two rookies over Fowler and Butler.. Damione Lewis DT Carolina ..FA...played for Kollar our Def line coach... Jenkins good pick for RD 1 .. he won't be there when we pick ..1st CB off board.....I'm not taking a Guard in rd 2 not with our need for DT and DE and CB and TE...Sure we will fill some needs with FA ...But Eric Johnson who can we get.

3 -TE-I love Coffman...JR will stay in school. Rucker 2nd rd pick..Keller purdue.rd 3 or 4. and Davis -Mich ST....JJ Finley Oklahoma in rd 5 or 6....

Why would we put two rookies in ahead of Fowler and Butler? Because they both suck. They're not even adequate as starting material in this league. I definitely think G and C are both needs on this team. Wonder why our running game hasn't averaged over 4 yards a carry the past two years? Look at what we have on the interior. We upgraded the LG position last offseason with Dockery, this year we should upgrade the right and middle. Lichtensteiger has anchored a bowling green line that has had the top rushing attack in the MAC for the past few seasons. Seeing he's from a small school in what's thought of as a weak class overall for centers, he'll be around in round 4.

Grimes in Rd2, who I detailed I would package the two threes to move up and draft is an instant upgrade at RG. He'd come in an start from day 1. I feel he fits a need more than a TE we could get in Rd3 and I love the way John Carlson out of Notre Dame plays, whom I believe would be available in Rd3. No way he slips into round 4 though. If he's there in round 4, I definitely pick him.

I honestly believe we're looking at picking around 17th. Malcolm Jenkins could be there at 17. He's definitely not top 10 pick material. Jenkins in all likelihood could go anywhere from 12th to 20th. Hence why we have a shot at him.

If we're going round 2 for a corner seeing Jenkins is gone, I'm looking at drafting Trae Williams...dude's a ballhawk with 13 picks the last 2 years. My round 1 pick then is James Laurinaitis LB to get Ellison off the field.

You said DT is a need? That's why I had DeMario Pressley as my other 2nd round choice. Remember I'm moving up to get Grimes.

As for the DE, there's no way we can afford to spend a day 1 pick on a DE. Not with the money we have invested in Schoebel and Kelsay. Plus we're gonna retain Hargrove. And there's still Denney. If we draft a DE on day 1, which one of these guys is gone?

Team needs IMO are Corner, DT, C, LB, G, TE, WR in that order.

Devin
12-11-2007, 03:10 AM

Bmax

If thats our first 3 rounds ill kill myself and/or marv levy.

*although i would be happy about Rucker :up:

YardRat
12-11-2007, 05:36 AM
Offense:

OG: Brad Butler
TE: Martin Rucker *rookie
WR: Bryant Johnson *FA

I'm good with drafting Rucker, as long as we keep Royal and Gaines to start while he works his way into the line-up.

Defense:

DT: Corey Williams *FA
OLB: Keith Rivers *rookie
CB: Antoine Cason *rookie

Don't like the LB's. Because of Poz's lost time on the field this year we'd basically be starting two rookies. Again, drafting Rivers is OK, but I'd rather start the season with Crowell-DiG-Poz (OLB).

DraftBoy
12-11-2007, 08:04 AM
Offense:
OG: Brad Butler-Jordan Grimes *Rookie R2
TE: Robert Royal-Michael Gaines-Kellen Davis *Rookie R5
WR: Lee Evans-Shareer McBride *Rookie R7
WR: Malcolm Kelly *Rookie R1