PDA

View Full Version : Bills' Edwards not your typical rookie QB

Don't Panic
12-11-2007, 12:05 PM
http://www.realfootball365.com/nfl/articles/20557.html

Great 'breakdown' article of the QB situation. Samples...

Meanwhile, a pair of games into his second stint as Buffalo's top option under center, it's manifest that Edwards has improved immensely. The 6-foot-4, 231-pounder's completion rate has declined (from 80 of 111 to 33 of 59) during the past two weeks, but he has thrown four touchdown passes and shown the ability to go deep, as evidenced by his 70-yard scoring hookup with Lee Evans in Sunday's win over Miami. Further, the rookie has not had a single negative play during the past tandem of weeks. That means he's neither turned the ball over nor been sacked since returning to the starting lineup, which is remarkable for any QB, especially a rookie. In terms of the entire season, Edwards has 14 negative plays (nine sacks, five interceptions) in seven appearances.
Conversely, Losman has accrued a whopping 22 negative plays (14 sacks, six interceptions and two fumbles lost) in parts of eight games this year. On average, that's just fewer than three crucial mistakes from Losman per week. When you're a fourth-year man and former first-round pick, such a careless style will never be considered acceptable, and that's a big reason why the Bills' coaching staff gave up on Losman.

The Answer
12-11-2007, 02:25 PM
http://www.realfootball365.com/nfl/articles/20557.html

Great 'breakdown' article of the QB situation. Samples...

There are going to be a lot of personel guys around the league fired after this season for passing on Edwards.

Also I'm going to go out on a limb and predict that Edwards will have a better career than both Jamarcus Russell and Brady Quinn as well.

How this complete stud lasted to the middle of the 3rd round is beyond comprehension.

~The Answer

justasportsfan
12-11-2007, 02:29 PM
Also I'm going to go out on a limb and predict that Edwards will have a better career than both Jamarcus Russell and Brady Quinn as well. and Holcomb , but that wouldn't be going out on a limb. :snicker:

jamze132
12-11-2007, 03:04 PM
Trent Edwards has suprised the **** out of me. I don't know yet, if its just because JP really sucked or that Trent is actually going to be really good. Trent's stats are very mediocre so maybe we are judging him on how bad JP actually was, only time will tell. But my gut tells me he is much better and we won't need to look for another QB in the few couple of drafts.

Don't Panic
12-11-2007, 04:17 PM
How this complete stud lasted to the middle of the 3rd round is beyond comprehension.

~The Answer
The same judgement that now considers him great (5-1 as a starter), was the judgemnet that buried him coming into the draft (10-20 at Stanford). Wins are the ultimate barometer after all, aren't they?

Oaf
12-11-2007, 05:43 PM
Does anyone know where he got that little hop dance that he did after the Gaines and Evans TDs?

PcA125
12-11-2007, 05:48 PM
Trent has blown my expectations away. He has done so much better than I hoped and I am VERY excited for the coming years. He is everything we have been looking for.

Saratoga Slim
12-11-2007, 09:18 PM
Trent has blown my expectations away. He has done so much better than I hoped and I am VERY excited for the coming years. He is everything we have been looking for.

You know, I'm not going to let myself get too excited after a win over the Dolphins this season, but I think the fact that he has been neither sacked, nor intercepted, nor fumbled in the past two games is impressive for a rookie no matter how you look at it. Whatever you may think about him, he's got a presence in the pocket---just doesn't look skittish ever. And even though it was the Dolphins, he answered any questions I had about arm strength--he really tossed some lasers.

I am excited about next season. I think we may have found us a QB.

Don't Panic
12-11-2007, 09:20 PM
Cautious optimism would be a fitting theme for our current situation... stress on optimism.

Mitchy moo
12-11-2007, 09:26 PM
Cautious optimism would be a fitting theme for our current situation... stress on optimism.

http://75.126.198.215/tsw/uploads/av-327.gif (http://www.stadiumwall.com/index.php?showuser=327)