PDA

View Full Version : It feels like we're in the playoffs now!

Patrick76777
12-11-2007, 12:55 PM
I haven't been this pumped for a game in a long time!

and the thing is, If we lose, we'd need a miracle of epic proportions to make the playoffs. But if we win, we suddenly have the upper hand.

So for all intents and purposes, this is a playoff game.

I can’t wait until Sunday!

LtBillsFan66
12-11-2007, 12:57 PM
First big game in a long time.

IN TRENT I TRUST!

Mr. Miyagi
12-11-2007, 12:59 PM
<== ALWAYS HAVE FAITH IN MARV!

RockStar36
12-11-2007, 01:00 PM
This is basically a playoff game.

I'm almost positive that if Buffalo loses this Sunday they will be eliminated from the playoff race.

mybills
12-11-2007, 01:02 PM
I'm not as nervous about this game now that I've seen tons more from Edwards.
The Bills Backers picked a good game to have their Christmas party with!
:gobills:

Bulldog
12-11-2007, 01:04 PM
They will be. Because if Cleveland wins, they'll be 9-5, meaning the worst they could finish is 9-7. In this scenario, the best Buffalo could finish would be 9-7. Cleveland would hold the tie-breaker as they won the head to head match up. Lose this weekend, and it's over. So in that regard, yes this is a playoff game.

OpIv37
12-11-2007, 01:07 PM
this game makes me nervous as hell. We always collapse in big games- just once, I'd like to see us pull it out and live to fight another day.

Cleveland is a tough matchup for us though, especially with Simpson and Wilson out. Winslow's going to have a field day.

Patrick76777
12-11-2007, 01:26 PM
They will be. Because if Cleveland wins, they'll be 9-5, meaning the worst they could finish is 9-7. In this scenario, the best Buffalo could finish would be 9-7. Cleveland would hold the tie-breaker as they won the head to head match up. Lose this weekend, and it's over. So in that regard, yes this is a playoff game.

I only said almost because there is still a chance (as far fetched as it seems) that J-vill losses out, we win our last 2 Cleveland losses 2 and Tennessee goes 1-2. Putting us all at 9-7 and with Tiebreakers, we would get in. But it's not worth going over because it won't happen.

If we lose and J-ville wins Sunday, then yes, the dream is over.

raphael120
12-11-2007, 02:24 PM
No, we lose this Sunday, there's no way we get in.

Deal with it Bills fans. All the wishing and hoping ends if we lose.

Dreams over reguardless..

But the main thing is...we have the ability to beat Cleveland. They're on our level.

OpIv37
12-11-2007, 02:32 PM
regardless- 3 games left and we're in the hunt. It means at most two games will be meaningless. that's a lot better than we usually do.

Nothing like lowering the bar :up:

SABuffalo786
12-11-2007, 02:35 PM
No expectations really, it's a wonder we've even gotten this far given the events of the first quarter of this season.

Go Bills!

Ed
12-11-2007, 02:42 PM
Patricks right. Mathematically we would still be alive if we lost, but only if Jacksonville lose this weekend also. It's HIGHLY improbable that we lose this weekend and make the playoffs, so it's essentially a playoff game.

To be honest, if we don't win this weekend, we don't really deserve to get in anyway.

SABuffalo786
12-11-2007, 02:43 PM
Ugh, shades of '04. :(

RockStar36
12-11-2007, 02:43 PM
I'm not as nervous about this game as I've been in the past. I actually have confidence in this team seeing what they've been through this year to get to this point. Not to mention I actually think the QB playing in this game won't be rattled with pressure like the previous two QB's that have played in any sort of big game. I'm jacked for this one.

jamze132
12-11-2007, 02:49 PM
I have a feeling that we will beat the Brown and Giants only to lay an egg in Philly. I dunno, I guess its something about playing teams from Penn. when the playoffs are on the line.

The Answer
12-11-2007, 02:58 PM
This team has a lot heart and remembers what happened last year against Tenn when Losman choked the game away.

You are going to see a focused team playing with a vengeance against the Browns and with Edwards we have a QB that will hopefully deliver in the clutch.

~The Answer

Carlton Bailey
12-11-2007, 02:59 PM
I didn't give the Bills much of a chance in this game until the offense put up 31 points last week. Cleveland's defense is worse than Miami's, so Trent should be fine, and the Bills found their niche in the running game at the ideal time. Lynch and Jackson should own their Swiss cheese run D. I really, really like the Bills in this game; call me crazy. This year, with a competent QB at the helm, just seems different than the recent ones where I got my hopes up and was disappointed, i.e. 2004's game v. Pittsburgh, and Tennessee last season.

colin
12-11-2007, 03:06 PM
we've been in the playoffs since washington.

now that we have a rookie who can play instead of a tard at QB we have a shot.

i like our team

mybills
12-11-2007, 03:41 PM
When are some of you guys gonna stop obsessing about bashing JP? He's not the starter anymore..get over it.

Typ0
12-11-2007, 03:46 PM
I'm really pumped for this weeks game as well...but it's also kind of sad that we've come to measure our success by how many meaningless games we have at the end of the season.

Oaf
12-11-2007, 05:48 PM
Question: How do we stop Lewis and Winslow?
Thanks.

All this Edwards cheer is great and everything, but he can't play defense. He also can't be expected to win a shootout with the limited recieving weapons we have.

justasportsfan
12-11-2007, 05:55 PM
Thanks.
.keep them off the field with Lynch + Jackson.

SABuffalo786
12-11-2007, 06:00 PM
keep them off the field with Lynch + Jackson.

Yeah, how does Cleveland's league worst defense stop the two headed monster?

justasportsfan
12-11-2007, 06:04 PM
Yeah, how does Cleveland's league worst defense stop the two headed monster?
they stack the line with 9 and if they are successful they force TE to beat them with his arm.Even if TE is successful it doesn't take much off the clock and the shootout begins

Patrick76777
12-11-2007, 07:38 PM
Thanks.

All this Edwards cheer is great and everything, but he can't play defense. He also can't be expected to win a shootout with the limited recieving weapons we have.

THe Jets and Arizona figured something out. I'm sure we can. Plus I'll be there.

El Guapo
12-11-2007, 08:05 PM
Every game from here on out is an elimination game for us. Win, or go home in January.

Go Bills!

Hard Nose Football
12-11-2007, 09:05 PM
Winslow is the one to worry about.

Cooley killed us.

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
12-12-2007, 08:47 AM
It's definately do or die, and what a great place to be in mid December.

I think it will be a heck of a game, with a playoff atmosphere. This is a great matchup for so many reasons. Both teams have heart, and hunger....it will come down to a few key plays and I can't wait to see what those plays are.

By the way, I am much more optimistic that we have a chance with Edwards under center than with JP......and I will continue to bring it up until JP is more than one injury away from playing. I will be much more comfortable when he is muddling up some other team's depth chart.