X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NorthCarBills
    • Jan 2006

Is Fairchild really leaving?

I didnt know things were moving along so seriously and quickly for Fairchild and Colorado St. Last I heard he was simply a candidate, but now it appears he is actually going to get the job.

I know this is music to many people's ears, but do you think this in any way will set us back for 2008? Also, who are realistic (not necessarily ideal) possibilities to replace him? Someone within our current staff?
  • billsburgh
    • Jul 2003

Re: Is Fairchild really leaving?

it wouldn't kill me to see him leave. such a big deal was made of JP coming into his 2nd year with the same o coordinator and system and he wasnt any better. Also with Trent being a Stanford guy, he should be fairly smart and be able to pick up a new offense fairly quickly. and Dick Jauron seems loyal to his staff so I would think that he would promote from within.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
      • Mar 2004

I'd bet it would be someone within who knows the Offensive system already, and won't change it.

Comment

• zone
        No, look. I do mind. The Dude minds.
        • Oct 2003

I think that Fairchild’s offensive scheme looked great last week, now if that type of production continues it may hurt.

I say we bring in Jim Kelly.
        www.blzbus.com

Comment

• billsburgh
          • Jul 2003

Originally posted by zone
          I think that Fairchild’s offensive scheme looked great last week, now if that type of production continues it may hurt.

I say we bring in Jim Kelly.
          Isnt Alex Van Pelt on the coaching staff? I wonder how he would do as an offensive coordinator.

Comment

• SquishDaFish
            Lets GO BUFFALO!!
            • Jun 2005

Van Pelt

Comment

• zone
              • Oct 2003

He is the Offensive Quality Control Coach, but Jimbo ran a offense that no teams could figure out for years.
              www.blzbus.com

Comment

• don137
                • Jul 2002

Anytime you hire a new coordinator, unless he comes inside the organization and implements the same schemes, there is a step back because everyone needs to learn the new system. However, the Bills coach that most fans are critical of is Fairchild. His playcalling has been very questionable most of the year. I don't think many of us will shed a tear if he goes.
                Sometimes, you need to take a step back in order to take two steps forward.

Comment

• Johnny Bugmenot
                  Will not tolerate vandalism.
                  • Apr 2006

Fairchild's system was fine. It was his choice of plays during the game that was the problem.

Comment

• zone
                    • Oct 2003

Your play calling is limited when you are working with a rookie QB and a vet that plays like a rookie.

Bring back the K-Gun!

Kelly was perhaps best known for running the Bills' "K-Gun" no-huddle offense, which was a fast-paced offense that denied opposing defenses the opportunity to make timely substitutions. This offensive scheme called for multiple formation calls in a huddle, so that after each play was completed, the Bills would eschew a following huddle, instead lining up for the next play where Kelly would read the defense and audible the play. This led to mismatches and defensive communication breakdowns and, in the 1990s, established the Bills as one of the NFL's most successful and dangerous offenses, instrumental in leading Buffalo to four consecutive Super Bowl appearances.

T-Gun, Trent certainly has the brains and poise to do it.
                    www.blzbus.com

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                      Zero for Zero!
                      • Mar 2003

Unless the Bills get a top notch receiving Tight End and two more WR's, the K-Gun won't work.

Jim Kelly has no coaching experience. There is no reason to think he could be an OC. Calling plays during a game is much different from game planning and developing an offensive system.

Not to mention, he has said numerous times he is not interested in coaching.
                      Originally posted by mysticsoto
                      Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• zone
                        • Oct 2003

Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                        Jim Kelly has no coaching experience. There is no reason to think he could be an OC. Calling plays during a game is much different from game planning and developing an offensive system.

Not to mention, he has said numerous times he is not interested in coaching.
                        I was being facetious.
                        www.blzbus.com

Comment

• zone
                          • Oct 2003

Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                          Marv Levy had no GM experience, coaching a team is much different than running one.
                          www.blzbus.com

Comment

• Don't Panic
                            All-Pro Zoner
                            • Dec 2005

If we're going to stick with the Cover 2, which it looks like we are, the best offense is one that eats a lot of time up with long, sustained drives. I like Minnesota's model, and I think we have the necessary ingredients to improve on it. Lynch/Wright/Jackson getting 40+ carries a game and a top-flight possession receiver to go with Evans would be the most ideal situation in my opinion. Whatever coordinator would be willing to run something close to that would be alright with me.

Comment

• eyedog
                              • Jul 2002

Wouldn't bother me one bit if he leaves.

Comment

Working...
                              X