PDA

View Full Version : Browns confident, what do we think??

HHURRICANE
12-12-2007, 07:40 AM
Cleveland fans and media seem pretty convinced that they are going to win this game.

Honestly, I have had good gut instincts on the Bills all year. With that said my gut is telling me that Cleveland's O trumps ours and they win.

I think this is the type of game where Jauron might be a liability. Our secondary is bad and the Browns can throw the ball. Conversely, the Brown's run stopping is horrible which I think baits Jauron into the wrong gameplan. Our O needs to be wide open against the Browns and I don't see us taking that tack at all.

So my gut is telling me a loss. Any thoughts?

DMBcrew36
12-12-2007, 07:46 AM
My gut tells me that the Bills 2-headed runningback monster gives the Bills an edge in time of possession and leads them to a victory. I could also see McGee or Parrish returning one for a TD.

Mahdi
12-12-2007, 07:47 AM
Cleveland fans and media seem pretty convinced that they are going to win this game.

Honestly, I have had good gut instincts on the Bills all year. With that said my gut is telling me that Cleveland's O trumps ours and they win.

I think this is the type of game where Jauron might be a liability. Our secondary is bad and the Browns can throw the ball. Conversely, the Brown's run stopping is horrible which I think baits Jauron into the wrong gameplan. Our O needs to be wide open against the Browns and I don't see us taking that tack at all.

When the Browns O is on the field they will be very tough to stop. Third down is going to be a nightmare all day because they have so many weapons and our record against good TEs is not very good. The only way we win this game is if Schobel, Denney, Tripps and McCargo play lights out and pressure Anderson early and make him uncomfortable in the pocket. Hargrove will have to play his part as well.

Secondly our OL will have to dominate and keep our RBs averaging well over 4 YPC. If we can do that we have a great shot at winning this game.

billsburgh
12-12-2007, 07:48 AM

why would running against a horrible run D be the wrong gameplan? Why does it need to be a wide open attack? Against a team with a high powered offense that can put up points, wouldnt it be beneficial to have long, grind it out drives to keep that offense off the field? I dont think we can win a shootout with the brownies

Don't Panic
12-12-2007, 07:49 AM
I don't see a Ronnie Harmon on this Bills team.... the key to the game is that our bend but don't break defense bends but doesn't break. If we're smart, we'll get our points. The question is will they get there's?

zone
12-12-2007, 07:54 AM
It’s going to be a tough game, but if we can run like we did last week we will edge them out IMO. Our D needs to get a couple of big plays to stop drives.

madness
12-12-2007, 07:55 AM
Our secondary is bad? :wtf:

jamze132
12-12-2007, 07:58 AM
My gut tells me that the Bills 2-headed runningback monster gives the Bills an edge in time of possession and leads them to a victory. I could also see McGee or Parrish returning one for a TD.
Yeah, if people would stop holding!

jamze132
12-12-2007, 07:59 AM
Our secondary and pass rush is going to determine the outcome of the game, nothing more. If we can force Anderson into some bad throws by serious pressure, we have a real good chance to win the game.

mybills
12-12-2007, 08:00 AM
McGee & Greer are practicing after practice, and they're using more man to man coverage. They have been getting better, and compliment each other well. I worry about Youboty since he hasn't impressed me yet, and the coaches don't have much confidence in him. We WILL miss Wilson. The 3rd down runs are a concern as well. Trent should do fine, as well as our RB duo against their D. I have a good feeling about winning this one! :up:

Mr. Miyagi
12-12-2007, 08:05 AM
We're going to be in the Dawg Pound. It's going to be loud. I can see us fault starting a lot.

jmb1099
12-12-2007, 08:09 AM
If the running attack we saw last week isn't a fluke then we should have this game well in hand. The gameplan we utilized against miami should work against the browns. Bills win 24 21

madness
12-12-2007, 08:46 AM
We're going to be in the Dawg Pound. It's going to be loud. I can see us fault starting a lot.

I fault start on the can sometimes.

don137
12-12-2007, 08:53 AM
I think both teams stand a good chance of winning. They have a very good returner in Joshua Cribbs (Joe Cribbs' son). I think it will come down to special teams and turnovers. What ever team wins that battle stands a very good chance of winning since both teams have good strengths but are vulnerable as well.

Romes
12-12-2007, 08:54 AM
Yeah, if royal would stop holding!

fixed.

Brown to the Bone
12-12-2007, 09:39 AM
Our secondary and pass rush is going to determine the outcome of the game, nothing more. If we can force Anderson into some bad throws by serious pressure, we have a real good chance to win the game.

Better teams then the Bills have tried what your saying the thing is this. You can check I know so I won't. Seahawks, Ravens, and Pittsburg last game in Pittsburg. Zero count them zero sacks. That is the cold hard facts, the Browns O Line is their true strength, ignore that fact and go for the gusto by blitzing and the Bills are in for a very long afternoon. In the Pitt game, they as always Blitzed, the Browns where flawless in their blitz's pickups and DA ripped them a new one. In the 2nd half of the game they started dropping their LB ers and double and triple teaming KW2 and BE. They left the short area of the field wide open. And becuase it was something that DA wasn't used to he struggled with it. The following week at the Ravens they once again went with the big pass rush and were taken apart. Then comes the Cards they followed the Pitt game plan, and where able to get DA to throw into some tight spaces and he turned the ball over with 2 int's. That was the only reason the Browns lost, and trust me in spite of playing as poorly as they did 4 TO on the day they still almost won the game.

I agree the secondary is the key. They will need to double and triple up on BE and KW2. Then watch out for JJ, and the underneath stuff to JL out of the backfield. Trust me folks, better teams have tried to shut down the Browns and have for the most part failed. If I game plan I follow the Pitt 2nd half plan and hope like hell that DA gets frustated and tries to fource the ball into coverage. Easier said then done tho.. Watch out for the Play action if the Bills do resort to dropping their LB ers.. In the Jets game they once again did the LB drop only this time the Browns where ready and they easily beat the jets. Don't let the score fool you the Browns had that one all the way.

Don't want to come accross as being a troll just want to see what you are thinking and point out a few things you may not know about my Browns. best of luck for your remaining games aside from the Browns game that is.

TigerJ
12-12-2007, 10:07 AM
Factor in the homer component, I think the fans of both teams can find reasons for optimism this weekend. On the side of the Bills, I just learned that the Browns opponents are the weakest in the league in terms of winning percentage. Buffalo's schedula is agerage in terms of difficulty, though that is skewed a little by the fact Buffalo plays NE twice.

justasportsfan
12-12-2007, 10:09 AM
run , run and run some more. That'll force the fans in the dogpound to shutup and hump each other.

PromoTheRobot
12-12-2007, 10:11 AM
Cleveland has been pulling games out of the rectums all season. After a while you start thinking that all the breaks will keep going your way. I smell a trap game for the Browns, especially if "Beast & Head" are 100%. Browns D is weak, especially against the run. The trick Sunday will be ball control by the Bills and make Cleveland play from behind.

PTR

Mitchy moo
12-12-2007, 10:15 AM
There is no trap and no way we lose to the browns. We are going to win this game by 13, mark my word. Take the Bills on the moneyline @ +180 and buy your date something nice for X-mas.

Mr. Miyagi
12-12-2007, 10:17 AM
I fault start on the can sometimes.
Really. Please tell us more.

Bone
12-12-2007, 10:18 AM
There is no trap and no way we lose to the browns. We are going to win this game by 13, mark my word. Take the Bills on the moneyline @ +180 and buy your date something nice for X-mas.

Why do we win by 13?

mybills
12-12-2007, 10:28 AM
run , run and run some more. That'll force the fans in the dogpound to shutup and hump each other.
:rofl:

Brown to the Bone
12-12-2007, 10:29 AM
Factor in the homer component, I think the fans of both teams can find reasons for optimism this weekend. On the side of the Bills, I just learned that the Browns opponents are the weakest in the league in terms of winning percentage. Buffalo's schedula is agerage in terms of difficulty, though that is skewed a little by the fact Buffalo plays NE twice.

And by the fact that they play the Phins twice as well.. The Browns have played better comp and won this season. The Ravens are an example their record says they suck ,but look a bit deeper please. They nearly beat NE, they are still a pretty good defensive team they just suck on offense.

I will agree with this tho, teams don't make their schedule they just play them. Going into the season we had what was forcast to be the 4th tuffest schedule, and because of dumb luck we ended up with a much easier schedule. Let me say this though would you rather play the Jets and the Phins twice or the Ravens and the Bengals. The Bengals and the Ravens still have some weapons, why they haven't performed better is beyond me, but I would rather play the phins and the Jets then either one of those teams.

3 things #1 the Bills have yet to beat a team with a winning record.

#2 The Bills have not scored more then 17 points in any road game this year. And the Browns have not scored less then 27 in any home game aside from the opener.

#3 the Browns have a 5-1 home record and actually haven't lost a home game with Anderson as a starter.

So while it may appear that the Bills match up well agianst the Browns sorry I just don't see it. They don't play well on the road, and they can't beat teams with winning records. Compile that combined with a Browns team that averages 28 points a game, with a defense that is ranked last, but has vastly improved their play over the past month of the season, and I don't give the Bills much of a chance. Homer to the side, I wouldn't bet on the Bills having much hope other then to have a exciting game and not get blown completely out.

May the best team win, good luck, no injuries, and have good rest of the season after Sunday..

mybills
12-12-2007, 10:32 AM
the Browns have a 5-1 home record and actually haven't lost a home game with Anderson as a starter.

There's always a first time. And I say it's this Sunday.

Brown to the Bone
12-12-2007, 10:34 AM
It's your fantasy make it how you want it... Good luck tho honestly....

Romes
12-12-2007, 10:36 AM
The Bills have not lost a road game with Trent Edwards as the starter...

mybills
12-12-2007, 10:44 AM
It's your fantasy make it how you want it... Good luck tho honestly....
Good luck to you, too!
Something tells me you haven't watch more than one Bills game this year. I could tell by your Denver comment. :chuckle: Who's fantasizing now? :;

Mr. Pink
12-12-2007, 10:46 AM
I've watched both teams extensively this year. Sopcast is wonderful!

The Bills simply don't match up well with the Browns but with Cleveland's defense and inability to put teams away it'll probably be close.

Mitchy moo
12-12-2007, 10:47 AM
Why do we win by 13?

We'll be up by 20 and then the prevent will kick in at the end and allow them to pull within 13 with ~3:00 minutes to go. We actually we get the onside kick this time and close the game out. Bills will be in the middle of the ESPN packet of games that I will watch on monday morning at the Gym. Then the playoff / DJ for COTY talk will really begin.

Mitchy moo
12-12-2007, 10:49 AM

The Bills simply don't match up well with the Browns but with Cleveland's defense and inability to put teams away it'll probably be close.

We just smoked Miami's D and cleveland lets in even more points. Count on a 2 pronged attack that the Browns will not be able to handle. This is going to get ugly for the Browns during the 1st half, much alone the whole game. They will also be forced to pass (which they are good at) but we will be waiting for it.

Dog eaten day afternoon for the browns.

Mr. Miyagi
12-12-2007, 10:50 AM
#1 the Bills have yet to beat a team with a winning record.

#2 The Bills have not scored more then 17 points in any road game this year. And the Browns have not scored less then 27 in any home game aside from the opener.

#3 the Browns have a 5-1 home record and actually haven't lost a home game with Anderson as a starter.
#1 The Browns have only beaten 1 team with a winning record, and it was a nail-biter game to a not so good at that time Seattle team (4-4 then), who has had a cake schedule too.

#2 The Browns have only played 1 team that is ranked higher than #24 in scoring defense, and it again was that nail-biter game against Seattle, which was at that time ranked #20 in scoring defense. The Bills rank #16.

#3 The Bills are 5-1 under Trent Edwards, including 2-0 on the road.

#4 The teams that the Browns beat at home have a combined road record or 7-25, or 28%. The Bills are 3-3 on the road, 50%.

We can play with these stats to death all day long if you want.

Mr. Pink
12-12-2007, 10:51 AM
We just smoked Miami's D and cleveland lets in even more points. Count on a 2 pronged attack that the Browns will not be able to handle. This is going to get ugly for the Browns during the 1st half, much alone the whole game. They will also be forced to pass (which they are good at) but we will be waiting for it.

Dog eaten day afternoon for the browns.

And Miami has nowhere near the Offense Cleveland does. DA won't fumble the ball and have someone on Buffalo score. Etc.

The Bills will prolly put up around 24 points granted, but Cleveland has no issue scoring that many either.

Mitchy moo
12-12-2007, 10:51 AM
#1 The Browns have only beaten 1 team with a winning record, and it was a nail-biter game to a not so good at that time Seattle team (4-4 then), who has had a cake schedule too.

#2 The Browns have only played 1 team that is ranked higher than #24 in scoring defense, and it again was that nail-biter game against Seattle, which was at that time ranked #20 in scoring defense. The Bills rank #16.

#4 The teams that the Browns beat at home have a combined road record or 7-25, or 28%. The Bills are 3-3 on the road, 50%.

How about the Browns getting the dreaded NFC west, lol. That's been one of the worst divisions in all of football for years now.

thesquirrelking
12-12-2007, 10:55 AM

:spit:

madness
12-12-2007, 11:00 AM

:lolpoint: B2B

Brown to the Bone
12-12-2007, 11:04 AM
The Bills have not lost a road game with Trent Edwards as the starter...

You can take this to the bank if the Bills don't score more then 27 points on Sunday they will not even have a chance. Keep your eye on the score board, and if you can't score more then 17(which is your best road effort to this point in the season) you are done.

I think stats are for losers, truly I do, they don't account for being able to perform when the chips are down, and they don't tell you what the teams trends are, and they don't factor in the teams the stats are compiled against. They do however give you a kind of window into the level of play, of the team your about to face. Pay attention the Browns have scored on average road and home 28 points per game that is throughout the season. If you will that average jumps up quite a bit if you throw out the 1st game against the Steelers, they only scored 7 in that game and that was the least points we have scored against any team all season. We are a team that scores lots of points, and most of those points have come at home. On the other hand the Bills haven't done well scoring points on the road. Now you can sugar coat it if you like, and try to convince yourselfs that the Browns aren't for real, but the facts and the stats say otherwise. And they will score points, the real question is can the Bills keep pace? Based on their record over the season, I would say NO...

Now is that wishful thinking or fact, you decide, my mind is made up..:sorry:

Good luck though!!!

Mr. Pink
12-12-2007, 11:08 AM
You can take this to the bank if the Bills don't score more then 27 points on Sunday they will not even have a chance. Keep your eye on the score board, and if you can't score more then 17(which is your best road effort to this point in the season) you are done.

I think stats are for losers, truly I do, they don't account for being able to perform when the chips are down, and they don't tell you what the teams trends are, and they don't factor in the teams the stats are compiled against. They do however give you a kind of window into the level of play, of the team your about to face. Pay attention the Browns have scored on average road and home 28 points per game that is throughout the season. If you will that average jumps up quite a bit if you throw out the 1st game against the Steelers, they only scored 7 in that game and that was the least points we have scored against any team all season. We are a team that scores lots of points, and most of those points have come at home. On the other hand the Bills haven't done well scoring points on the road. Now you can sugar coat it if you like, and try to convince yourselfs that the Browns aren't for real, but the facts and the stats say otherwise. And they will score points, the real question is can the Bills keep pace? Based on their record over the season, I would say NO...

Good luck though!!!

Being a Browns fan I do agree here...but then throw out the 51 point effort vs Cincy. You can't pick and choose what stats/games to throw out. If you're getting rid of their worst effort, you have to get rid of their best effort.

DA played most of the first Pissburgh game too.

The 27.8 they average actually goes down a little if you throw out both the best and worst efforts. It is what it is man.

Mr. Miyagi
12-12-2007, 11:26 AM

Good luck though!!!
I can appreciate you being a Browns fan you have to be biased. Surely we Bills fans are just as much. Like I said we can manipulate different stats to death and argue till our faces turn blue, but it all means nothing.

The fact is, this is a very good matchup between two teams that are relatively equal in strengths and weaknesses and talents and motivation. It will be a great game no matter what. We'll just have to wait until Sunday to find out who wins and who loses.

Brown to the Bone
12-12-2007, 11:28 AM
The 1st game is the ONLY game DA didn't start this year though so I think it would be much more valid to throw out the Pitt game. But I do agree you have to cut it both ways and it is what it is..

Brown to the Bone

madness
12-12-2007, 01:06 PM
I remember being picked on because I said DA was going to win the starting job. :mad:

raphael120
12-12-2007, 01:20 PM
Derek Anderson < Carson Palmer
Derek Anderson < Tony Romo

If we can shut down TO and Ocho Cinco, Santana Moss, then i think we should be able to shut down Braylon...Jamal Lewis doesn't scare me, their TE does though. i think we need to keep him in check so he doesnt go crazy like Cooley did.

I think this game is going to be riding on how well our defense is going to be. I have confidence we can put up points on Cleveland...but thats just it...we need to score the TD's like we did against Miami...i don't think FG's are going to cut it. And takeaways will be huge...we cannot turn the ball over while we're on the road (MEMO TO ROBERT ROYAL)

jamze132
12-12-2007, 02:35 PM
fixed.
Dude, don't quote me and then change what I said to your liking.

jamze132
12-12-2007, 02:48 PM
Better teams then the Bills have tried what your saying the thing is this. You can check I know so I won't. Seahawks, Ravens, and Pittsburg last game in Pittsburg. Zero count them zero sacks. That is the cold hard facts, the Browns O Line is their true strength, ignore that fact and go for the gusto by blitzing and the Bills are in for a very long afternoon. In the Pitt game, they as always Blitzed, the Browns where flawless in their blitz's pickups and DA ripped them a new one. In the 2nd half of the game they started dropping their LB ers and double and triple teaming KW2 and BE. They left the short area of the field wide open. And becuase it was something that DA wasn't used to he struggled with it. The following week at the Ravens they once again went with the big pass rush and were taken apart. Then comes the Cards they followed the Pitt game plan, and where able to get DA to throw into some tight spaces and he turned the ball over with 2 int's. That was the only reason the Browns lost, and trust me in spite of playing as poorly as they did 4 TO on the day they still almost won the game.

I agree the secondary is the key. They will need to double and triple up on BE and KW2. Then watch out for JJ, and the underneath stuff to JL out of the backfield. Trust me folks, better teams have tried to shut down the Browns and have for the most part failed. If I game plan I follow the Pitt 2nd half plan and hope like hell that DA gets frustated and tries to fource the ball into coverage. Easier said then done tho.. Watch out for the Play action if the Bills do resort to dropping their LB ers.. In the Jets game they once again did the LB drop only this time the Browns where ready and they easily beat the jets. Don't let the score fool you the Browns had that one all the way.

Don't want to come accross as being a troll just want to see what you are thinking and point out a few things you may not know about my Browns. best of luck for your remaining games aside from the Browns game that is.
Dude, what I was saying is that our secondary and pass rush is going to determine the outcome of the game. I am not looking into individual matchups like you are suggesting. I understand the Browns have a good O-line and the pressure I was referring to was frtom our front 4. It seems like Aaron Schobel and Larry Tripplett are finally getting theitr heads out of their asses. And if thats the case, we won't need to blitz like Blitzburg did.

JD
12-12-2007, 03:56 PM
I wonder if the brownie will come back to eat his crow?

HHURRICANE
12-12-2007, 06:40 PM
Our secondary is bad? :wtf:

Yes, it's not that good.

HHURRICANE
12-12-2007, 06:45 PM

Good post. I've watched them as well and I agree that we don't matchup well with this team.

People think that because the Browns run D is bad we are just going to run all over them and win the game. Not happening. Our gameplan had better be more creative than this because Cleveland is a better team than us right now.

The Answer
12-12-2007, 06:47 PM

My gut instinct tells me that the legend of Trent Edwards grows after a stellar performance this weekend.

Time for his first 300 yard game.

~The Answer

HHURRICANE
12-12-2007, 06:49 PM
My gut instinct tells me that the legend of Trent Edwards grows after a stellar performance this weekend.

Time for his first 300 yard game.

~The Answer

If he gets a 300 yard win against Cleveland I'll start posting in the third person.

The Answer
12-12-2007, 06:51 PM
If he gets a 300 yard win against Cleveland I'll start posting in the third person.

We are going to win this game convincingly if we have the same gameplan we did last week against the dolphins and attack the Browns downfield with the passing game early and often.

Even if we are conservative and run the ball a lot I like our chances against this overrated Browns squad.

~The Answer

HHURRICANE
12-16-2007, 03:42 PM

Well I guess my gut was right.

HHURRICANE
12-16-2007, 03:44 PM
Good post. I've watched them as well and I agree that we don't matchup well with this team.

People think that because the Browns run D is bad we are just going to run all over them and win the game. Not happening. Our gameplan had better be more creative than this because Cleveland is a better team than us right now.

Any questions?

I liked how Cleveland made the FG, into the wind, from 10 yards further out, while we opted to go for it.

justasportsfan
12-16-2007, 03:47 PM
:monkeyp:
Well I guess my gut was right.

Piss on anyone who gloats that they were right in a bills loss.

Hope you're happy you were right.

HHURRICANE
12-16-2007, 03:51 PM
:monkeyp:

Piss on anyone who gloats that they were right in a bills loss.

Hope you're happy you were right.

I'm not happy. Where did I say that?

LtFinFan66
12-16-2007, 04:02 PM
I hope you guys man up and go back to the Browns board and eat your crow if you deserve it.