PDA

View Full Version : Darwin Walker

madness
12-12-2007, 08:56 AM
Anybody catch last week's Bears game? The announcers were talking about the Bears brass being dissapointed in him and that has not even come close to their expectations.

Given the progress of our D-line, I'm sure glad this guy showed us his cards up front.

clumping platelets
12-12-2007, 09:02 AM
So, we'll only get a 5th and not a 4th from da Bears :mad:

colin
12-12-2007, 09:03 AM
marv sucks!!!!!111

we lost him!!!

i would like to see another dt in the offseason, but it's about 4th on our priority list tho

Meathead
12-12-2007, 09:04 AM
The Marv is my shepherd i shall not want

madness
12-12-2007, 09:06 AM
So, we'll only get a 5th and not a 4th from da Bears :mad:

I couldn't remember if that was a conditional pick. That sucks.

bigbub2352
12-12-2007, 09:17 AM
Darwin was overratted, and i am glad we didnt give the contract he wanted, he did nothing much to warrant a contract and i am glad we got a 5th for him, although i would have liked to get a better pick for spikes overall instead of walker

Forward_Lateral
12-12-2007, 09:27 AM
Another dork who wanted to go to a "contender". :snicker:

justasportsfan
12-12-2007, 09:33 AM
Dick would have made him perform. Thing is, he wanted more cash.

streetkings01
12-12-2007, 10:03 AM
We get a 4th for Walker not a 5th. I will try and find the article, but the pick can be upgraded from a 5th to a 4th according to how much he plays. He has played in 11 games starting 7, at seasons end he will have played in 14 games and started 10....we will get a 4th for him.

streetkings01
12-12-2007, 10:04 AM
Dick would have made him perform. Thing is, he wanted more cash.This sounds more like a greedy prostitute than an NFL player! hahahaha

John Doe
12-12-2007, 05:40 PM
Marv played it right.

Bringing in a guy who is sitting out a signed contract and rewarding him with a multi-year deal before he plays a down for the Bills would have sent a bad message to the rest of the team.

don137
12-12-2007, 05:45 PM
Another dork who wanted to go to a "contender". :snicker:

I agree, I think it is very funny how the Bills have a better record then all the teams that have ex-Bills because they wanted to go to a contender (Walker, McGahee, Spikes, etc). I guess they can look in the mirror and see there attitude is part of the problem. I think their are reasons why certain players never win. They don't have that team attitude.

LifetimeBillsFan
12-12-2007, 06:05 PM
The Bears just had to put two of their DTs on IR, so, even if they are disappointed with D.Walker, it is a pretty good bet that he is going to have to play. The conditional pick that the Bills got, as far as I understand it, is based on playing time, not performance. Given how much he has already played, it is likely that the Bills will end up with the Bears 4th rounder.

Who would have thought that the 3rd rounder that the Bills got from the Ravens for McGahee and the pick that the Bills will get from the Bears will both turn out to be higher picks than the Bills' picks in those rounds!?!

Scumbag College
12-12-2007, 06:31 PM
Not to change the subject, but all those picks in this year's draft will give Marv and Co. plenty of ammo to move up in the draft. With all the guys whom will be coming off of injuries and all the guys that stepped in and played well, I think that this team's "depth" can be considered to be pretty good.

Back on the subject, I love that Spikes, Walker, and McGahee all left the lowly Bills to go play with "contenders" and all those so called contenders are all out of the playoff hunt now and the rotten Bills control their own destiny.

patmoran2006
12-12-2007, 07:02 PM
We get a 4th for Walker not a 5th. I will try and find the article, but the pick can be upgraded from a 5th to a 4th according to how much he plays. He has played in 11 games starting 7, at seasons end he will have played in 14 games and started 10....we will get a 4th for him.
Sorry bro, it's a 5th rounder...

I don't care if Walker sucks or not, I STILL to this day don't like the trade because I think with Spikes/Holcomb we could've done better than a 5th/7th.

Don't get me wrong, this defense obviously doesn't fit Spikes and he wouldn't have helped us, I just think we could've done a little better in the market.

oh well though. It's nice to see McCargo showing signs of being the player Levy HOPED Darwin Walker would be.

Devin
12-12-2007, 07:07 PM
The Bills, meanwhile, acquired a conditional fifth-round draft pick in return....

Levy added the draft pick the Bills receive will depend on Walker's playing time in Chicago this season. The Bills would've been forced to return Walker to Philadelphia in exchange for a sixth-round pick if the player had not reported by Aug. 5. Bears general manger Jerry Angelo said Sunday the deadline no longer applies.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2953545

streetkings01
12-12-2007, 07:22 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2953545Thanks for finding the article.....care to edit your post Pat?

madness
12-13-2007, 08:37 AM
Dick would have made him perform. Thing is, he wanted more cash.

http://www.ireporter.tv/Upload/beerfaqs.com/terms%20for%20being%20drunk.jpg